Favorite fastfood

Fastfood  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What is your #1 go to place for fast food.

• McDonalds
    • BurgerKing
    • Jack in the box
    • Whataburger
    • Wendys
    • Tacobell
    • Arbys
    • Sonic
    • Chick Fill-A
    • Subway
    • Quiznos
    • Blimpies
    • ChipoTLE
    • ......Other
    • Antones
    • James Coney Island
    • Shlotskys

Does Chipotle have a drive thru? Is it really fast food? (with respect to this list if it doesn't have a drive thru)

I've never seen one with a driver thru, but they take phone & internet orders and they prepare the food while you wait in line. That's fast food by any definition.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to select other and go with Valero but I put more emphasis on fast. A lot of them have the upgraded to a mini kitchen, you can stop for gas, run in and grab something from the hot case or order a fresh breakfast burrito or whatever and be back outside before the tank is full. 2 items from the hot case set you back $2.22, add a drink from the incredibly varied selection including beer, wine coolers, iced lattes etc. and off you go.

Why doesn't someburger in the heights have bacon? they keep a kosher kitchen ?

They don't? I could have sworn I got bacon on mine. I only went their once, so I guess there could have just been bacon stuck in my teeth from another meal, who knows. You know what they say, bacon at every meal keeps those arteries oiled up and flowing.

"Healthy" depends on metabolism and activity. And "healthy" at Subway depends on what you get. For instance, I like foot-long Italian BMTs on Italian Herbs & Cheese bread that are swimming in mayo and mustard, oil and vinegar.

My comment wasn't that everything at Subway is healthy, just that it is the only place you can eat healthy (that isn't salad). And yes, metabolism and activity play a part in an overall healthy lifestyle. It's a package deal, but unless your body is a 1-in-a-million example, if you regularly eat fatty and calorie-laden fast food, no matter how much activity you partake in, and how high your metabolism is, you are wrecking your body in the long-term.

"Healthy" also depends on individual preference. For instance, if ever were to eat what most people would considered a balanced diet as might lead to improved physical health and longevity, I'd be a much less happy person. And that would make me unhealthy.

And that's why I like the Whataburger patty melt (buttery texas toast, two greasy beef patties, cheese, bacon, and ooey-gooey special sauce). It is food for happier living.

Sorry that you aren't creative enough to prepare or enjoy a balanced diet and instead buy the most indulgent item on the menu. Exactly what the fast food companies want you to do. Super size me, I mean, you.

I really like the taste of Chipotle's food, but found out that it has a lot of sodium in most of it. Damnit. Same for Chik-fil-A. Good tasting but a LOT of salt in just about everything they serve.

I left out the best fast food Mexicana..... Taco Cabana

Their food has declined in taste, appearance, and quality of late. And the prices have steadily risen.

I had to select other and go with Valero but I put more emphasis on fast. A lot of them have the upgraded to a mini kitchen, you can stop for gas, run in and grab something from the hot case or order a fresh breakfast burrito or whatever and be back outside before the tank is full. 2 items from the hot case set you back $2.22, add a drink from the incredibly varied selection including beer, wine coolers, iced lattes etc. and off you go.

I always forget...which wine cooler goes best with a breakfast burrito?

Beck's Prime is #1 for me. But it's almost too upscale to be considered fast food.

Freebird's is my go-to burrito place, even though there's not one nearby. But a little birdy told me they're coming to the Woodlands in 2Q09.

Up here in the Woodlands, Culver's does a superb job. I'm a Whataburger fan, but Culver's edges them out for an excellent fast food burger.

But in terms of something that's everywhere, Chick-fil-a is my #1 choice, followed by Jack-in-the-Box (love the tacos, even though they're not actually tacos).

That was a tough decision! I went with "Jerk in the Box" though.

It might be just me but did anyone else like the fries that Jerk had BEFORE they changed them to the Steak Fries or whatever it is that they have now? They made the change years ago and I couldn't really eat them after that, I just stick to the curly fries now.

That was a tough decision! I went with "Jerk in the Box" though.

It might be just me but did anyone else like the fries that Jerk had BEFORE they changed them to the Steak Fries or whatever it is that the have now. They made the change years ago and I couldn't really eat them after that, I just stick to the curly fries now.

I am not sure if I have had their newest fries at Jack in the Box, but the issue probably is the same at many fast food places which is a disgusting new "great idea" where the fries are coated in a starch product that is made from potatoes that are totally beat down to a paste then a thin coating of this paste is squirted on the fries and they "say" it makes them crisper and stay fresher longer after cooking, but to me it has always made them taste disgusting especially after the restaurant lets them sit out longer because they have this coating on them

it makes them taste raw to me and I no longer get fries at places that offer these and if they have nothing else, but fries as a side I stop going there

Long Johns and Arbys (regular not curly), BK, A&W are places that offer these disgusting fries and you can know you are getting them by looking at them and seeing a thin dimply coating on them when you get them you can barely tell it is a coating after cooking, but if you look close you will see the very small bumps VS Wendys or McDonalds fries

they taste like nasty pringles because pringles are made in a similar fashion

http://extension.missouri.edu/hesnutrnews/...-97/fnr97-1.htm

Allergy Alert: Newfangled Fast Food Fries

Jack in the Box, Arby's, A & W, and Burger King (but not

McDonald's) are testing a new type of french fry that's

billed as being hotter, crunchier and better tasting.

The secret, and potential problem for those with an allergy

to wheat starch or dairy protein, is in the coating.

A transparent coating of a potato-starch batter enhances

crispness and acts as an insulator, keeping the fries hot

for as long as 15 minutes. Most potato coatings, which vary

with the manufacturer, contain a small amount of wheat

starch. Burger King warns its customers that their new fries

contain both dairy protein and wheat starch. The industry is

presently working toward eliminating the potentially

offending ingredients.

The new fry represents the fast food industry's response to

consumer complaints about bland, limp fries. There's a lot

at steak here: U.S. consumption of frozen potato products

has steadily increased over the last three decades. Last

year, Americans ate about 60 pounds of frozen potato

products per person, more than triple the amount in 1965.

French fries accounted for approximately 80% of consumption,

with hash browns and potato puffs making up the rest.

Source: Wall Street Journal, October 24, 1996.

That's the one I frequent, but the Woodlands to Willowbrook is not a quick drive.

So right. But I go the back way to Research Forest on my recent 3x week commute to The Woodlands. From 1960, I go up Kuykendahl to 2920, make a right over to Gosling and take it up Research. Kinda back woods, but I just can't take I45 on a daily basis. It really does rattle my nerves.

• 4 months later...

I've never been that big a fan of Arby's but I was passing by their restaurant on FM 1960 one evening after class and saw the sign for their roast burger. I decided to give it a try. Man, it was pretty awesome. If you haven't had one, you would do yourself a favor to try their take on a 'burger':

http://www.arbys.com/arbyscoupon/

For late-night goodness, nothing beats Jack in the Box tacos.

If you have time to go in and sit, James Coney Island's chili cheese dogs are fabulous. It's impossible to eat those while driving.

Fixed

I'm sure there have to be some In-n-out fans out there.

Is Pei Wei considered fast food? It's got to be one of the best values in Houston. They give you enough for two meals for a little over $6.00 and it's delicioso

I'm sure there have to be some In-n-out fans out there.

Is Pei Wei considered fast food? It's got to be one of the best values in Houston. They give you enough for two meals for a little over $6.00 and it's delicioso

Pei Wei is good, but salty. I had to stop eating it because it is just way too much sodium. I guess that applies to most fast food these days.

I just got back from Katz's Deli Express in The Woodlands. This is my second time eating at Katz's (first was on Westheimer) and the verdict is still out. Me and the partner had two sandwhiches, one soda, and a shake and it came out to $25 and change. That's not cheap.

Uh, Hellloooooo.... WHERE is Freebirds?????????

Freebirds nachos gets my vote... lots of food, DE-LICIOUS and pretty cheap.

Runners up are the classic Nachitoches Meat Pies (but only when I'm in Clear Lake to go get one, and the all-powerful Krystal Burger (again, only when I'm close enough to get one.

• 5 weeks later...

Prince's (good onion rings and buffalo burgers) and Whataburger. Give me the #1 or #2 meal, no onions, with cheese, sometimes bacon, fries, sprite & a hot apple pie and I'm good to go! Artery clogging goodness, Texas style. :D One day I've got to try one with jalapenos. Their breakfast taquitos aren't bad for fast food fare. I remember when I had a Whataburger at the location in Corpus near the HQ, BEST Whataburger I've ever had. Dang, it makes me want to go down there right now. What time does the next Southwest flight to Corpus leave? :D

I have to admit to a weird and sick love for jack in the box tacos. :huh:

Me,too. And that's in spite of how visually unattractive they are. I don't think I've ever finished one without grease dripping on my shirt, try as I might.

They are tasty though.

• 2 weeks later...
Me,too. And that's in spite of how visually unattractive they are. I don't think I've ever finished one without grease dripping on my shirt, try as I might.

They are tasty though.

Yeah we started calling them grease taco's they lump in the middle but they are good. In terms of food taco cabana sucks a@@ everything has that same bland taste. When they get us breakfast for meetings it's normally the watery/greasey Taco Crapana tacos. The people with no taste "Oh they are so good!!"

Never been able to find it here, but a doner kebab and chips/fries from a Turkish fast food joint would be mine. Lots of these places back home in Belfast but they don't seem to have caught on here. The nearest thing would be Droubi's down on Main.

Never been able to find it here, but a doner kebab and chips/fries from a Turkish fast food joint would be mine. Lots of these places back home in Belfast but they don't seem to have caught on here. The nearest thing would be Droubi's down on Main.

Try driving around west or southwest Houston. I've seen it in several places, none of which are coming to mind as far as names go.

Archived