2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION: Obama (D-IL) vs. McCain (R-AZ)

Trae

Next United States President  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One

• Barack Obama
    • John McCain
    • Other

05_thankyouhillary.jpg

Moments ago, Senator Clinton officially announced her support for Barack Obama. Hillary Clinton made history over the past 16 months -- not just because she has broken barriers, but because she has inspired millions of Americans with her strength, her courage, and her commitment to causes like universal health care that make a difference in the lives of all Americans.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...and in the process she managed to raise and subsequently waste millions of $ that could have gone to just about anything else to help the country and world. Thank you for that.

So, it is ok to WASTE all the money if you win ?

Still more good news for the Obama camp; wonder how the disgruntled Clinton supporters who now claim they'll vote for McCain will take to this quote?

Edited for language.

Cliff Schecter, a political blogger and erstwhile McCain admirer, relates in his book The Real McCain an incident from 1992 that he sourced from three journalists from the senator's home state of Arizona. McCain's wife Cindy was playfully twiddling with his hair one day.

"You're getting a little thin up there," she said.

McCain grew red in the face and replied: "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you ****."

Link to the Guardian article

Still more good news for the Obama camp; wonder how the disgruntled Clinton supporters who now claim they'll vote for McCain will take to this quote?

If they have a brain, they should take it like this (from another blog):

Because, you know, Arizona reporters would never report that at the time. A sitting senator up for reelection using that kind of language to his wife's face, in front of reporters, just wouldn't be newsworthy. Those reporters would hold onto that story, and keep it secret, as McCain became a prominent national figure in the 1990s, throughout the 2000 race, throughout McCain's campaign of the last year and a half, just so they could reveal it now to "Netroots author Cliff Schecter"

I have absolutely no trouble imagining McCain saying that word. He was in the navy, after all. What's the big deal?

It's not a big deal, there's just a cringe-effect when old men say that word.

New maps.

http://www.electoral-vote.com/

At the site you can click on individual states for the latest polls.

Jun. 12

Obama 304 McCain 221 Ties 13

Jun12.png

This same web site, this same map.... was showing Kerry winning in 2004... until the night of the election.

I think whoever wins the election is going to be one-termer. Iraq will doom the next president, I am afraid. I hope I'm wrong.

This same web site, this same map.... was showing Kerry winning in 2004... until the night of the election.

I think whoever wins the election is going to be one-termer. Iraq will doom the next president, I am afraid. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, I am sure the next President is DOOMED, but it won't be Iraq that will be is his undoing. It will be his associations and lack of experience in political matters.

PRINT IT !

Oh, I am sure the next President is DOOMED, but it won't be Iraq that will be is his undoing. It will be his associations and lack of experience in political matters.

PRINT IT !

Printer not working.

I am sure the clown in office would be happy to pass his failure to the next in line, and have them clean everything up. Of course, the dumb voters that voted him in got away easy too.

Exactly. Wanda Sykes agrees... "Hey, when you hand a blind man the keys to your car... whose fault is that?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080618/ap_on_...1o9QGHqj.pp24cA (story of the volunteers not allowing the Muslim women with head scarfs not to site behind the podium and in view of cameras)

Aref said she replied by thanking Burton, but requested Obama apologize directly to her and Abdelfadeel, as well as invitations to sit behind him at a future campaign event.

I wonder if they'll make that happen?

I do have to admire Michelle Obama. That witch tell it like it T-I-IS. I heard it and it was was very clear what she said, especilly by the ladies' reactions. Bug on my computer speakers it does sounds like emp.

"The View" ladies dive in to rescue Michelle Obama after she calls ... Chicago Sun-Times

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/06/th..._in_to_res.html

Obama's wife in 'pathetic' gaffe

Appearing on The View, a leading US morning talk show, Michelle Obama was asked by Barbara Walters whether she wanted her husband to be president. ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7462669.stm

I do have to admire Michelle Obama. That witch tell it like it T-I-IS. I heard it and it was was very clear what she said, especilly by the ladies' reactions. Bug on my computer speakers it does sounds like emp.

"The View" ladies dive in to rescue Michelle Obama after she calls ... Chicago Sun-Times

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/06/th..._in_to_res.html

Obama's wife in 'pathetic' gaffe

Appearing on The View, a leading US morning talk show, Michelle Obama was asked by Barbara Walters whether she wanted her husband to be president. ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7462669.stm

More "pick on the wife" gotchas. Yaaaaaaaawn.

This map is not half bad. Most of know that John Kerry was ahead leading up to the election, but he was NEVER this far ahead. Without Florida, or Ohio, the GOP can forget about. Hell, Alaska is at play:

Interesting. 6-1-8, Obama 276. Current, Obama 344. Hope the trend holds.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080618/ap_on_...1o9QGHqj.pp24cA (story of the volunteers not allowing the Muslim women with head scarfs not to site behind the podium and in view of cameras)

I wonder if they'll make that happen?

A can't win situation. A few volunteers make the unwise descision not to seat these women. Of course had they been seated the right wing radio crazies would have screamed about that.

A can't win situation. A few volunteers make the unwise descision not to seat these women. Of course had they been seated the right wing radio crazies would have screamed about that.

the >1% crazies. Not even Rush L. would have a big deal of it. And I guarantee the volunteers did not do that b/c they didn't want republicans/conservatives to make a correlation and a big deal of it. They did it for the swing voters and those in their own party.

But because they did it, republicans/conservatives make a big deal about it.

This map is not half bad. Most of know that John Kerry was ahead leading up to the election, but he was NEVER this far ahead.

Things actually looked similar back in 2004 - if you go back to their archives, you'll see that the numbers were all over the place, but at one point Kerry had a 332 - 195 "lead". There's still a lot of time until November, and there are a lot of close states.

Link

the >1% crazies. Not even Rush L. would have a big deal of it. And I guarantee the volunteers did not do that b/c they didn't want republicans/conservatives to make a correlation and a big deal of it. They did it for the swing voters and those in their own party.

But because they did it, republicans/conservatives make a big deal about it.

I think they would have. We have people on this board who really believe he's a "secret Muslim."

I think they would have. We have people on this board who really believe he's a "secret Muslim."

Guess we'll never know (unless the Obama campaign submits to their request) or it naturally happens in the future. Just my opinion.

Hilary has $22 million in campaign debt. How wasteful and messed up is that? The fact that they spend so much in the first place makes me mad, but to be dumb enough to spend that much more than they have? Idiots. And now more money will be donated to cover the debt, and the media will treat those donations like they are kind charity, when $22 million to any real charity could actually make a huge difference in this world. Makes me sick.

Archived