Sign in to follow this  
lockmat

Do You Wash Your Hands After Doin Yo' Bidness?

Clean or Nasty?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wash your hands after using the restroom?

• yes
    • no
    • most of the time
    • not usually
    • depends
    • I act like I'm washing them by running water over my hands w/o soap
    • I didn't get them dirty, so why do I need to wash them?

Ewww. I have that problem all the time. I have resorted to hanging a bag on the edge of the stall door (if there is enough room).

Floor definitely not an option.

FWIW, Charmin makes tiny little rolls of toilet paper that fit in a purse for emergencies. I have a bunch of them I picked up in Walgreen's once. They were a life saver in Thailand where TP can be scarce. And even in places with TP, you're not supposed to flush it -- you put it in the stinky bucket next to the tirlet. Ick!

What I've usually recommended to travelers is to use some of those baby wipes. Haven't seen the small rolls before, where have you gotten them?

Yes of course.

What's bothersome is seeing the person that is cooking or handling the food behind the counter then ringing up the sale and handling the money and giving it to you. Thats really disgusting. Everyone knows where money has been. Imagination now.

It's no wonder the population gets sick ie; hepatitis, cholera, salmonela, etc.

It is distressing to not see men wash hands after using the can. The ones you least expect are guilty of this. I mean well dressed and conservative appearance. It just doesn't make sense. Then they shake your hand.....firm hand shake... yepster's. :mellow:

I know it's wrong, but in that case I just throw them on the floor after I've opened the door.

You must work in my building, macbro.

Being a third generation plumber, we (plumbers) always wash our hands BEFORE & AFTER.

And we also love the new electronic flush valves and faucets. Hope they become mandatory soon.

• Like 1

Ewww. I have that problem all the time. I have resorted to hanging a bag on the edge of the stall door (if there is enough room).

Floor definitely not an option.

It's been a long time since I carried a purse with me into the men's room.

I can't get the water HOT enough for me after using a public facility. I didn't used to be like that. I even go so far as to carry a papertowel to the door, because after all the washing , you still have to open the door leading out, and do you really want to touch that ?

I can't get the water HOT enough for me after using a public facility. I didn't used to be like that. I even go so far as to carry a papertowel to the door, because after all the washing , you still have to open the door leading out, and do you really want to touch that ?

I don't want to touch much of anything in public bathrooms. They are just icky.

You wouldn't put your hands in your armpits or your butt crack and then walk around shaking people's hands and touching things, would you?

You might, if you were a SUPERSTAAAAAAARRRRRRRR !!!

superstar5tr.jpg

Wow, what a great topic, how did I miss this one? I'm for the pre-wash - I know where my, er, junk, has been all day. Nowhere, I'm married. It's clean downtown. But everyone else's hands have touched God knows what, and my hands touched things their hands did. So washing before makes more sense than washing after, unless you have problems controlling yourself. Then again I'm a guy and I'm lazy sometimes. I wouldn't by any stretch call me a clean freak, I'm just not generally dirty.

FWIW, Charmin makes tiny little rolls of toilet paper that fit in a purse for emergencies. I have a bunch of them I picked up in Walgreen's once. They were a life saver in Thailand where TP can be scarce. And even in places with TP, you're not supposed to flush it -- you put it in the stinky bucket next to the tirlet. Ick!

How big was your purse ? <_<^_^

It's been a long time since I carried a purse with me into the men's room.

are you rupaul by chance?

generic crossdresser?

Humor and witty conversation really does escape you doesn't it.

Don't take things so literally.

It was a joke... a joke ... a joke.

(Or at least an attempt at one).

Don't take things so literally.

It was a joke... a joke ... a joke.

(Or at least an attempt at one).

i think i could say the same thing.

I've always been annoyed by the locking device on the stall in our office bathroom. It's a round knob that forces me to grab and turn with my fingertips. I like the locks that just slide across b/c then I can use the outside of my hand and not transfer the germs to my belt and button.

Today however, I have defeated the knob! I figured out that all I need to do is use toilet paper to lock and unlock it (I'm a little slow, I know).

It's only a square or two, but I know the tree huggers will still be upset with me. They'd rather me have germs all over myself than to be safe and clean.

lockmat has left the bathroom! ... Germ free!!

i think i could say the same thing.

girls....... GIRLS.........calmete' !!!

Man, am I ever sorry I brought up the purse thing.........wait, no I'm not, 'cause I didn't bring it up ! ^_^

Edited by TJones

girls....... GIRLS.........calmete' !!!

Man, am I ever sorry I brought up the purse thing.........wait, no I'm not, 'cause I didn't bring it up ! ^_^

Yes, you did.

See what words can do.

Yes, you did.

See what words can do.

I simply asked how big editor's purse was, so that we could determine just how many "little rolls" of TP could fit in it for all his emergencies.

Isn't this to be expected in a topic dedicated to obsessive compulsive behavior?

I wouldn't call it obsessive, personally. I eat food off the ground. lol

Although I have had Seinfeldian thoughts. (tempted to throw shoe laces away if it touched certain bathroom floors)

no one is germ free.

Well at least the things I did touch are relatively more clean than the ones I could have. That's success to me.

[tonCHEEKCgue]

Well at least the things I did touch are relatively more clean than the ones I could have. That's success to me.

[tonCHEEKCgue]

you hope....touch any stair rails recently?

you hope....touch any stair rails recently?

My fear is doorknobs and even my remote control (which I spray with Lysol about 1-2 a week).

But keyboards are pretty dirty too.

Wow. I realize I have much in common with many HAIFers after reading this thread.

Regarding prewashing, I started doing it after a random guy (I'll call him Bathroom Sage) said something very memorable to me.

I was washing my hands and he entered the restroom and came over to the sinks. He said to me, "I wash my hands first. Why would you want to put the filth of the world on yourself?"

I said "Good point" and left.

Thank you for your wisdom, Bathroom Sage.

My fear is doorknobs and even my remote control (which I spray with Lysol about 1-2 a week).

But keyboards are pretty dirty too.

WAIT WAIT wait.............You spray your OWN remote ? Ok, now YOU are a bigger FREAK than Howie is. Who the hell else has access to YOUR remote that you would need to spray it down ? :lol:

WAIT WAIT wait.............You spray your OWN remote ? Ok, now YOU are a bigger FREAK than Howie is. Who the hell else has access to YOUR remote that you would need to spray it down ? :lol:

Me, my dogs, and my partner.

Never know where their paws have been!

Wow. I realize I have much in common with many HAIFers after reading this thread.

Regarding prewashing, I started doing it after a random guy (I'll call him Bathroom Sage) said something very memorable to me.

I was washing my hands and he entered the restroom and came over to the sinks. He said to me, "I wash my hands first. Why would you want to put the filth of the world on yourself?"

I said "Good point" and left.

Thank you for your wisdom, Bathroom Sage.

haha, really???

I just don't have the energy to care that much. I'm still alive and healthy, so that's good enough for me.

haha, really???

I just don't have the energy to care that much. I'm still alive and healthy, so that's good enough for me.

The body's immune system is amazing. But I would rather not ingest germs and other unnecessary (and probably not too tasty) microbes.

The body's immune system is amazing. But I would rather not ingest germs and other unnecessary (and probably not too tasty) microbes.

On the other hand, I've found that occasionally ingesting such germs and microbes helps prepare your body for the occasional ingestion of food that's three months past its expiration date. Whatever doesn't kill me only makes me more likely to survive the coming apocalypse.

On the other hand, I've found that occasionally ingesting such germs and microbes helps prepare your body for the occasional ingestion of food that's three months past its expiration date. Whatever doesn't kill me only makes me more likely to survive the coming apocalypse.

I've heard that one of the reasons children get sicker these days (not sure if that is true or not as I do not have kids) is that so many parents have been using anti-bacterial soaps and cleansers that make the bugs in the houses stronger. Top that with parents not letting their kids play in the dirt (where presumably bugs live that they should be acclimated to) makes them even more susceptible to future illnesses.

We should stop using anti-bacterial soaps so casually. They kill both good and bad bacteria, and regular soap kills bad bacteria just fine.

Edited by mojeaux131

We should stop using anti-bacterial soaps so casually. They kill both good and bad bacteria, and regular soap kills bad bacteria just fine.

And hand sanitizers (which I admit I overuse). But they say alcohol-based ones are fine.

I wash after, but I'm not a germaphobe like some of y'all. When I do clean, I clean, but I don't spray down the remote.

Do y'all light the end of the peace pipe when its passed around?

We are a hygienic bunch. No slobs here.

I wash my hands when I use the restroom, but I don't Lysol my remote, worry about door knobs, use hand sanitizers or anti-bacterial soap. Low level exposure to germs keeps the body's immune system functioning. As Mao said, "a fish cannot live in distilled water."

How appropriate this thread is up. I just deboned a chicken, and bleached the cutting board.

I had too many chicken bits under my nails, so I actually just trimmed them back and then scrubbed a second time. That will probably be the extent of my de-germing today.

Funny thing about Japan #341:

People are concerned about how to clean cutting boards after having meat on them. My night class students told me you're supposed to clean it with boiling water or bleach. Or, you can cut open a milk carton and lay it flat and use that for a cutting board and throw it away.

And then you go out for dinner and people are eating raw chicken and raw beef liver as appetizers.

:lol:

I do the same.....you can tell how many "clean" people you are around at a place by the presence of or lack of a pile of papertowels in the corner near the door because the trash can is 500 feet away from the door

Using the restroom. I was trying to euphamise it a little bit.

And we have our first non-yes answer! thanks for being honest, lol

They taught us in the Marines not to piss on our hands.

Freaks...

Howie.jpg

;)

Not sure of the one on the left but the one on the right is like major FREAK.

Could be worse though, could run into George Michael in the can. Wasn't he busted for being as frisky as that senator dude in the airport incident/situation? The toe-tapping-signal-something-or-the-other? Scary stuff. :mellow:

Not sure of the one on the left but the one on the right is like major FREAK.

Could be worse though, could run into George Michael in the can. Wasn't he busted for being as frisky as that senator dude in the airport incident/situation? The toe-tapping-signal-something-or-the-other? Scary stuff. :mellow:

He just had a "wide stance".