Endeavour Condominiums

yaga

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kitchen_881.jpg

Bath122.jpg

Arrival_Rendering1.jpg

We have a scale model of the Shamrock floorplan at our sales center. Above you will see an example of the kitchen and master bath. The other picture is a rendering of the arrival podium which will face NASA Parkway.

I'm not sure because of the quality of the picture, but I think that I really like it.

I wish I had a better picture. It is going to be a striking design. The building will top out at 34 floors, but it is a stepped design with lots of glass near the top portion. It reminds me of the newer buildings in Miami Beach. Also I like the fact that it is not going to be a carbon copy of our first tower. We want it to add to the look of the lake and compliment the buildings that surround it.

th_parkside.jpg

This is a preview of Endeavour Parkside. Please excuse the picture it is only a scan.

Also I would like to end all rumors now that we are going to lease Endeavour Parkside. It was going to be a condo conversion, but we have no intention of renting them ourselves. The finish-out has been adjusted and floorplans have been changed to reflect our goal of selling this building.

Kitchen_881.jpg

Bath122.jpg

Arrival_Rendering1.jpg

We have a scale model of the Shamrock floorplan at our sales center. Above you will see an example of the kitchen and master bath. The other picture is a rendering of the arrival podium which will face NASA Parkway.

I wish I had a better picture. It is going to be a striking design. The building will top out at 34 floors, but it is a stepped design with lots of glass near the top portion. It reminds me of the newer buildings in Miami Beach. Also I like the fact that it is not going to be a carbon copy of our first tower. We want it to add to the look of the lake and compliment the buildings that surround it.

Also I would like to end all rumors now that we are going to lease Endeavour Parkside. It was going to be a condo conversion, but we have no intention of renting them ourselves. The finish-out has been adjusted and floorplans have been changed to reflect our goal of selling this building.

I think it is amazing that we actually have someone from this project to clear up all the rumors, and give us all this information, so I thank you for it.

th_ParkSideCHARACTERSKETCH.jpg

Here is a better picture of Endeavour Parkside.

Thanks. I still like it, but my only criticism is a matter of personal taste. I'd have liked it even more if the glass facade wrapped continuously around the entire building and the concrete forms had been done away with altogether. It'd look nice and sleek, with some nice angles and curves.

Thanks. I still like it, but my only criticism is a matter of personal taste. I'd have liked it even more if the glass facade wrapped continuously around the entire building and the concrete forms had been done away with altogether. It'd look nice and sleek, with some nice angles and curves.

Thank you for the input...............I agree I wish the Houston market was ready for residential buildings with more glass. Take it from someone who sells these buildings for a living this market at this time just does not believe the glass can take the winds as well as the concrete sheathing. Our glass is rated to withstand a CAT 4 and the building will withstand a CAT 5 hurricane. All windows in the first buiilding are doubled paned and have argon gas between the panels to cut down on energy costs. The first building is tunnel form construction which will also help our residents cut down on energy costs. Most buildings constructed in Houston are post tension, which costs less to construct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks a lot less overbearing when viewed from the lake itself or from Clear Lake Park. But I agree that it would be nice to see a few more structures of height in the general vicinity, although, like Musicman pointed out, the Seabrook side is fairly well developed already. More than likely, a few of the older developments would have to be knocked down.

It looks a lot less overbearing when viewed from the lake itself or from Clear Lake Park. But I agree that it would be nice to see a few more structures of height in the general vicinity, although, like Musicman pointed out, the Seabrook side is fairly well developed already. More than likely, a few of the older developments would have to be knocked down.

the taylor lake/el lago people are very vocal and like the small town atmosphere. development tends to be private vs. fast food chains etc. maybe completion of the nasa rd 1 bypass will stimulate more development in seabrook. the nasa rd 1 widening has definitely helped the traffic situation down there but the bottle neck is traffic thru webster.

Webster traffic is awful as you get closer to the Gulf Freeway. I feel for those people. It's a shame too, because the City of Webster did an admirable job of improving the streetscapes around the core. And that's a very good point about the lack of fast food/strip malls around Taylor Lake and El Lago. I'd never really noticed it before but that might explain why it looks more "comfortable" than some of its surrounding kin.

Well, for starters, the Endeavour Parkside will rise right down the street. It is planned as a 34 story condo tower so it will be even taller, possible going over the 400 foot mark. Endeavour is also proposing a "loft" project and marina that would be in the same general vicinity. The first rendering I saw showed to towers, one around 20-25 floors and the other around 10-15.

Also, there is a proposal for a 17 story hotel and condo tower called the Apollo (can't remember if it is a Hyatt or Marriott) that should be in that same area.

Well, for starters, the Endeavour Parkside will rise right down the street. It is planned as a 34 story condo tower so it will be even taller, possible going over the 400 foot mark. Endeavour is also proposing a "loft" project and marina that would be in the same general vicinity. The first rendering I saw showed to towers, one around 20-25 floors and the other around 10-15.

Also, there is a proposal for a 17 story hotel and condo tower called the Apollo (can't remember if it is a Hyatt or Marriott) that should be in that same area.

maybe a Marriott since the Hyatt's right down the street. it still surprises me to see a hi rise in seabrook everytime i go out to the parking lot. quite of bit of what's out there is old so they are ripe for demolition.

and add this to your list kinkaid A new high rise ordinance in Seabrook paved the way for two additional developments, 20-story twin towers on Jennings Island and a mid-rise condominium complex in Old Seabrook near Tenth Street, to be constructed by Kitch Taub's Seabrook Land Company.

it will only make the nasa 1 bypass more of a necessity

maybe a Marriott since the Hyatt's right down the street. it still surprises me to see a hi rise in seabrook everytime i go out to the parking lot. quite of bit of what's out there is old so they are ripe for demolition.

and add this to your list kinkaid A new high rise ordinance in Seabrook paved the way for two additional developments, 20-story twin towers on Jennings Island and a mid-rise condominium complex in Old Seabrook near Tenth Street, to be constructed by Kitch Taub's Seabrook Land Company.

it will only make the nasa 1 bypass more of a necessity

I guess I haven't been out that way for a while. Where is there a Hyatt? Are possibly confusing the Hilton Nassau Bay?

I guess I haven't been out that way for a while. Where is there a Hyatt? Are possibly confusing the Hilton Nassau Bay?

yep i am. the clara harris hotel. my bad.

Isn't there a freeway being constructed close to the JSC?

that's the nasa rd 1 bypass from 45 to el camino real.

Is Red Bluff going to be a freeway, too?

not that i know of. i believe i read long term the ROW was set aside for an expansion. when i take red bluff, it's never that busy so i doubt expansion is going to happen in the near future. maybe the bayport expansion will cause enough traffic increase to warrant it.

The proposal is called the Marriott Apollo. Haven't heard much other than Sarnoff's mention of it and its appearing in the Bay Area news. 17 floors with hotel rooms on the lower floors and condos up top. Similar to the Westin deal just announced for Memorial City.

Is Red Bluff going to be a freeway, too?

Perhaps one day, but HGAC's transportation planning website indicates that the freeway would be aligned along Fairmont Parkway between Beltway 8 and SH 146, even though Red Bluff just makes more sense for regional mobility and because the ROW is already in place. I don't understand that, and it could just be a mistake.

Anyhow, it's a long-term project. Now that Clear Lake is just about entirely built out and development is being pushed toward Seabrook, Kemah, and further into Galveston County, perhaps the project will become more feasible. It might be built in conjunction with or immediately following the SH 146 freeway project. Once that thing gets built, I really don't see how they'll be able to put off the Fairmont/Red Bluff freeway. There'll be so much development in eastern Galveston County that I-45 would just be choked without it.

The current Houston rail plans includes two commuter lines, if I am not mistaken, one towards Sugarland, and one other one somewhere else. The phase after is suppose to include a commuter train from downtown towards the bay area. And if I read correctly, a new transit center/park and ride somewhere around where the commuter train would pass through. So hopefully, this will arrive in time for the horrible traffic that will come with all the development along the coast. It's allready bad. But none of this helps an existing problem which is the chronic local congestion. What would be nice is some kind of local service around CL. It's allready within METRO's jurisdication, at least the parts that are withing Houston city limits. I'm not sure how popular it would be. But when the day comes when it takes 1 hour to get from Kemah to Bay Brook Mall, maybe people would start using local transit. Oh wait, it allready takes an hour to get from Kemah to the Freeway. Sorry for the rant.

Perhaps one day, but HGAC's transportation planning website indicates that the freeway would be aligned along Fairmont Parkway between Beltway 8 and SH 146, even though Red Bluff just makes more sense for regional mobility and because the ROW is already in place. I don't understand that, and it could just be a mistake.

Anyhow, it's a long-term project. Now that Clear Lake is just about entirely built out and development is being pushed toward Seabrook, Kemah, and further into Galveston County, perhaps the project will become more feasible. It might be built in conjunction with or immediately following the SH 146 freeway project. Once that thing gets built, I really don't see how they'll be able to put off the Fairmont/Red Bluff freeway. There'll be so much development in eastern Galveston County that I-45 would just be choked without it.

Several years ago the 146 Freeway plan was to by-pass around Seabrook, starting at the Red Bluff intersection and aligning with Repsdorph Rd. south crossing NASA Rd. 1 and Clear Lake to a point west of Watergate Yacht Club and then bending back to the original 146 south of Kemah. Residents did not like this version, bit it still makes sense even today. The only reason that the existing freeway section was built from Laporte to Red Bluff was to accomodate the Bayport turning basin. (early 70's)

Could you give me a link to the website?

Could you give me a link to the website?

http://tranis01.h-gac.com/rtp25aspx/

Oh, wow! It's been updated pretty recently. Now HCTRA is tasked with letting the Fairmont/Red Bluff tollway construction contracts for a segment between BW8 and SH 146 by 1/1/2009...and the alignment makes sense.

And, strangely enough, the Port of Houston Authority and the City of La Porte are lead agencies on building an eight-lane freeway along Fairmont between Red Bluff and 16th Street, which is just shy of SH 146. The let date for construction contracts is 1/1/2015.

Suddenly land in Seabrook and La Porte is looking pretty desireable as an investment...

Archived