Endeavour Condominiums

yaga

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KJB is right. I've had to go out there for my work as well and the first couple miles south of SH 225 is pretty low income, but about midways it becomes typical middle class and then you start getting into those upper middle class subdivisions like what you'd found out in Katy or League City.

Pasadena also has one of the lowest crime rates of any city with 100,000 residents or more. It's like 280 out of 335 or something like that.

The refineries blow, though.

Pasadena has 100,000 plus pop.?

Has anybody heard of this or know WHY THE HELL it's going to built in Pasadena?

EndeavorCondos.jpg

:lol: Well its about time this city gets its own ill skyscraper. As this city may or need to be like those ones like Irving, Richardson and Plano now that houston's metro getting high-rise buildings.

Pasadena is or will now be the second metro city that will have a high-rise as like The Woodlands.

Well, the area is definitely Clear Lake but the site sits within the munipal boundaries of Pasadena. If you pull out a map, you'll see that, believe it or not, Pasadena has a southeastwardly stick of land that stretchs down to Clear Lake in between Nassau Bay and El Lago (I think). Anyway, it's a good site and will probably open the door for a condo boom in the Kemah/Clear Lake area. The residents fought long and hard against this for decades but this will probably open the door to more ostentatious development.

Well, the area is definitely Clear Lake but the site sits within the munipal boundaries of Pasadena. If you pull out a map, you'll see that, believe it or not, Pasadena has a southeastwardly stick of land that stretchs down to Clear Lake in between Nassau Bay and El Lago (I think). Anyway, it's a good site and will probably open the door for a condo boom in the Kemah/Clear Lake area. The residents fought long and hard against this for decades but this will probably open the door to more ostentatious development.

Guy already bought more land in the adjacent area. So far, it has been very successful. The outstanding issue that is of most concern is that he intends to build it himself with his construction co that has no high rise in its background.

thanks for the birthday wishes. i think i had a good birthday from what i remember (gotta love sunday brunch at la strada).

Endeavour is technically in Pasadena, but i'm sure it'll be considered Clear Lake since its on the lake and that whole area is called the Clear Lake Area, or even Seabrook before Pasadena.

El Lago is on the other side of Kirby (east).

my address is Seabrook according to my apartment complex (4605, just east of the site right before Kirby), but i often just put Houston. The police jurisdiction for where i live and Endeavour are both Pasadena for sure, and the sign says welcome to Pasadena as well when you leave Houston (just after Space Center near Clear Lake Park).

maybe the address is Seabrook because the only Post Office anywhere near there is down in Seabrook?

the showroom is actually in El Lago, but the site is in Pasadena with a Seabrook address.

El Lago is on the other side of Kirby (east).

my address is Seabrook according to my apartment complex (4605, just east of the site right before Kirby), but i often just put Houston. The police jurisdiction for where i live and Endeavour are both Pasadena for sure, and the sign says welcome to Pasadena as well when you leave Houston (just after Space Center near Clear Lake Park).

maybe the address is Seabrook because the only Post Office anywhere near there is down in Seabrook?

the showroom is actually in El Lago, but the site is in Pasadena with a Seabrook address.

That is exactly the reason the mailing address is Seabrook. The post office for that zip code (77586) is in Seabrook.

I used to live in Mariner Village (4747) right next to where Endeavor will be. It had a Seabrook address but was definately Pasadena City Limits. Paid my water bill to the City of Pasadena and got a speeding ticket from Pasadena PD almost in front of my house. It is 30mph there and they used to run a speed trap often.

I think they don't want it publicized that it is Pasadena right there since they have such tiny little Pasadena City Limits signs posted at Mud Lake and Taylor Lake. There is a Pasadena police and fire substation up Kirby near Red Bluff, I assume they would have gone down Kirby and cut through Taylor Lake Village to respond to any incident along that part of Nasa 1.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Construction Begins on $57M Condo High Rise

By Amy Wolff Sorter

Last updated: April 24, 2006 08:04am

(To read more on the multifamily market, click here.)

PASADENA, TX-After an 18-month wait to develop 2.87 acres, construction has begun on Endeavor Clear Lake, the area's first high-rise condo project. The 30-story, 80-unit complex is scheduled for completion by summer 2007.

Endeavor Clear Lake, going up at 4821 NASA Parkway, will take a land tract currently valued at $1 million and turn it into a development valued at an estimated $57 million. The developer of record, Endeavor High-Rise LP of Houston, also is the general contractor. The high rise was designed by EDI of New York City.

The smallest condo will have two bedrooms; the largest, a five-bedroom penthouse. They will be marketed for $400,000 to $2.5 million.

Robin Parsley, president of Endeavor High-Rise LP, says the quartet of penthouses is sold. Overall presales stand at a shade less than 60%, she says. "For a building that's not even out of the ground, we're in pretty good shape," Parsley says, adding the goal is to have all condominiums sold before the high rise delivers.

Parsley tells GlobeSt.com he'd first eyed the property about 2.5 years ago, buying it a year later. One challenge to overcome was the area's height restriction. "One of the things we had to do was convince the City of Pasadena that this was a worthwhile project, though the city planner understood the project," Parsley says. "The planning department and planning commission were very supportive."

Though some effort was involved in securing variances for the city's height regulation, Parsley says it was time well spent. "This is a niche market, an untapped market. It's never been broken into before," he says. "Based on the demographics, there is high, pent-up demand for this type of living, thanks to Baby Boomers and empty nesters."

http://www.globest.com/news/523_523/houston/145055-1.html

60% of 80 units comes out to about 48 units sold. So It looks like a lot more than 30 units sold at this time.

Since it's in the Clear Lake area, the condo is in the Clear Creek ISD.

The condo's address is zoned to:

* El Lago Elementary School (El Lago)

* Seabrook Intermediate School (Seabrook)

* Clear Lake High School (Houston)

However the condo will be rezoned to the brand new Elementary #23 in Pasadena starting in fall 2006.

Even though I'm aware that not too many people living in this condo would have kids, I guess this information is still good just in case kids somehow pop into the picture.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well you guys are going to get your wish. There is a new development going in Kemah. Land clearing already has begun. Several highrise right on the bay. Called Grand Bay in Kemah. Supposed to be quite a place. Would love to have more info if anyone has it.

Archived