Parrothead

Town & Country/City Centre *Update*

Neiman's went bye bye, even after they had those silly banners that said, "Survival of the fitest" or something.

They would have made a good tenant. Any chance they come back once the project is completed?

I see that the website has been updated to show a new rendering of the overview of the project. I recall seeing a close-up of just a portion of this rendering in the past, but not the whole thing...

homepage2.jpg

• Like 1

...also found out that two of the restaurants going into the expansion in Town & Country Village are McCormick and Schmick's and Fleming's Steakhouse. Also, the old spot once occupied by Woodlake Travel is sporting a banner that says "Japanese/Sushi Restaurant Coming Soon" - sweet!

...also found out that two of the restaurants going into the expansion in Town & Country Village are McCormick and Schmick's and Fleming's Steakhouse. Also, the old spot once occupied by Woodlake Travel is sporting a banner that says "Japanese/Sushi Restaurant Coming Soon" - sweet!

ARRR, me can'ts waits for some good seafood matey!

I believe the building going up currently on the site is the Lifetime Fitness.

Nice to hear McCormick & Schmick's is going in. I like that place.

I'm glad about McCormmicks too. Not really crazy about another Flemings, which seems to pop up in all these "market street" places.

I'd love to see a Berings pop in there. If its a "lifestyle area," a great little hardware store would be a great addition...and for West Houston too. Houston also needs another Central Market, but I don't think they are planning any real ones around Houston at this point.

This whole area seems to be coming to life and its so neat to see. Now if only someone would get ahold of Memorial west of Kirkwood and spiff it up. They have started at the corner, but they need to keep on going.

I'm glad about McCormmicks too. Not really crazy about another Flemings, which seems to pop up in all these "market street" places.

I'd love to see a Berings pop in there. If its a "lifestyle area," a great little hardware store would be a great addition...and for West Houston too. Houston also needs another Central Market, but I don't think they are planning any real ones around Houston at this point.

This whole area seems to be coming to life and its so neat to see. Now if only someone would get ahold of Memorial west of Kirkwood and spiff it up. They have started at the corner, but they need to keep on going.

Since Whole Foods and Central Market aren't likely, what are some other upscale grocery possibilities for City Centre?

great pics and it's cool to see the speedy progress when I commute on the katy freeway...the only problem I have is the terrible signage for the new "four points" hotel, it is the exact opposite of what I would think of as "upscale"

Well, it's usually the foundations that are a major pain and most time consuming part of the process. Once they are laid down, the rest of the construction happens rather quickly.

A couple of photos from earlier in the day...

Not much has change, but since I had my camera with me, here ya go! B)

6tzxzcm.jpg

6ox101u.jpg

81a2tsw.jpg

80oytqs.jpg

87beq8k.jpg

Just drove by...probably huge repost but of the logos on the banner, Hotel Valencia was one. Hadnt seen that before, I'd say thats a pretty big deal and testament to the market they are shooting for with this project.

I think there's a new citycentre project going up. I thought I'd post it here just in case it's part of this project, but I don't think it is. HERE is the site plan for this thread's project.

But under "Projects in Planning" here is another CityCentre development. It's 370 units. This thread's multifamily buildings don't have this amount.

What do you guys anticipate this developement and the one in Memorial City (including the new HEB-anchored shopping center at Bunker Hill and Katy) will do to property values on the north side of the freeway?

Increase them easily. Let's see those apartments come down (or at least an upgrade).

Did anyone else notice that the Brownstone will be right next to a Luby's?

And I don't know if its always been listed, but it says there's gonna be a 9-screen theatre, now.

Edited by lockmat

The theater will probably be something like an Alamo Drafthouse or Movie Tavern.

A nine-screen theater when there's a large cinema complex over at Memorial City? Interesting.

Anyway, they've got like four or five different structures going up at the same time, including an office building, a mixed-use structure, brownstones and an apartment building (IIRC).

Like I said, the 9-screen movie theater may be a sit down and eat theater like Alamo Drafthouse or Movie Tavern.

Like I said, the 9-screen movie theater may be a sit down and eat theater like Alamo Drafthouse or Movie Tavern.

Never heard of a Alamo Drafthouse. Is it just like Tavern? The picture at the website made it look like a Movie Tavern.

who the hell is gonna buy those townhouses? the frames are already up, if the project stays at this rate, move in date will be just in time for 1.5 more years of construction all around you.

the street they face is highly trafficed now...just imagine when the 5-7+ more buildings get finished.

maybe im crazy but i never imagined my $500k+ townhouse being positioned between 2 huge shopping centers and a row of restaurants, bordered by the 2 biggest landing strip freeways in texas. with only 5 friends beside you to share in the misery

maybe im crazy but i never imagined my $500k+ townhouse being positioned between 2 huge shopping centers and a row of restaurants, bordered by the 2 biggest landing strip freeways in texas. with only 5 friends beside you to share in the misery

and yes i realize this sounds IDEAL to some, but i cant get into that mold. the conjestion would annoy me to no end. at least with high rises you can be in the middle of it all and still Above everything

I went by the site yesterday. The freeway noise from that site is pretty much zero. I was very surprised. I took some pictures w/ my camera phone. If they're clear enough and worth it, I'll try putting them up later tonight.

who the hell is gonna buy those townhouses? the frames are already up, if the project stays at this rate, move in date will be just in time for 1.5 more years of construction all around you.

the street they face is highly trafficed now...just imagine when the 5-7+ more buildings get finished.

and yes i realize this sounds IDEAL to some, but i cant get into that mold. the conjestion would annoy me to no end. at least with high rises you can be in the middle of it all and still Above everything

Too me buying a Brownstone for over 850k in Memorial makes far more sense than buying a Brownstone for the same price in Kingwood or the Woodlands. You can get a McMansion for that up there. Urban living in an urban area is desirable.

I agree, you can't hear the freeway from there. Once more buildings go up, the more the noise will be cut down. Its urban living in an urban area.

2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&limitsize=400,400&squareoutput=255,255,255

\

2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&&&outquality=90&ext=.jpg&border=2,255,255,255,1,0,0,0,0&limitsize=400,400&squareoutput=255,255,255

Not too bad for a cruddy camera phone.

Edited by lockmat

Forgive my ignorance, but where exactly is this thing going up? I was at Memorial City Mall the other day with my fiance and all i saw was the Hospital directly across the street on the other side of Gessner. I even tried driving around a bit and couldn't find this development so i guess that means its not where i thought it was. Is it on the other side of I-10 opposite Memorial City mall?

Nah, its on the SE corner of the Beltway 8 and I-10 interchange.

Thanks Trae. That kind of makes me even more mad that they left light rail out of the I-10 plan. What were they thinking? That could've really drawn more pedestrians from around the city. I don't see how a pedestrian development won't be Transit oriented. Bad planning Houston, Bad planning! :angry:

Never heard of a Alamo Drafthouse. Is it just like Tavern? The picture at the website made it look like a Movie Tavern.

drafthouse>>>>>tavern

but that could just be my austin bias showing.

• Like 1

I wonder why they call it City Centre. It's not very near the geo center of the city. Perhaps closer to the pop center. Still... come on...

I wonder why they call it City Centre. It's not very near the geo center of the city. Perhaps closer to the pop center. Still... come on...

Well, its the center of "West Houston." The city is getting so large and so hard to get around its causing the trend of all these centers and market areas to be constructed. They serve the "little towns" that are within the city.

This project has to be careful with the tenants though, unlike the suburbs the shopping could be very redundant if they don't choose wisely. So far I think they are being a little more original, except for Bistro and Flemings.

This is the answer:

Two million people can access the site within 20 minutes

280,000 cars per day travel on Interstate 10 and 175,000 cars per day on Beltway 8

77024 is the wealthiest zip code in Texas and fourth in the nation

Memorial has the highest per capita and household income in Houston

Located at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Beltway 8, the demographic center of the Houston area

Edited by SpringShadows

You forgot to mention the lovely view of the loading dock at the post office across the street. At least it's convenient if you have something to mail.

Located at the intersection of Interstate 10 and Beltway 8, the demographic center of the Houston area

What is a "demographic center"? I can sort of understand the center of a demographic, but I can't get my head around Houston having a "demographic center".

Edited by memebag

What is a "demographic center"? I can sort of understand the center of a demographic, but I can't get my head around Houston having a "demographic center".

Heh. Presumably the population center of the demographic expected to shop there.

Heh. Presumably the population center of the demographic expected to shop there.

Yeah, whether intentional or not, this is the effective definition.

According to the latest population data from H-GAC, these were my findings where the Houston area's population centroid is concerned.

Driving by the area, I took my usual view of the Hospital under construction when I looked at the old Hotel (Renaissance hotel?) and saw that it at a "Four Points" logo on it now.

Is this thing already open and when did THAT happen? I always thought that building might be demo'ed or another use of it would be done.

Driving by the area, I took my usual view of the Hospital under construction when I looked at the old Hotel (Renaissance hotel?) and saw that it at a "Four Points" logo on it now.

Is this thing already open and when did THAT happen? I always thought that building might be demo'ed or another use of it would be done.

The logo for Four Points has been up for a few weeks. At one point in time, I remember reading about a possible demo. However, that changed last year. After Katrina, I know it was at capacity for an oil comany (I think oil).

From what I understand, they've been doing some mild renovation work over the past couple of weeks. I have no idea of the specifics, however,

Here is the article:

Link

As part of that effort, MetroNational had purchased the Radisson Suite Hotel Houston West at the southeast corner of Interstate 10 and Beltway 8. That property will now be converted into The Four Points by Sheraton Houston, Memorial City, a 170-room hotel that is expected to open this summer.