811 Main: Office Skyscraper At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

When I call i'll ask about weather and viewing areas

Called Cherry, he said 7am Sunday, rain or shine. That they will have a 1 block perimeter, but that he didnt know off hand if the parking garage at San Jacinto would be offlimits or not but that it probably would.

Called Cherry, he said 7am Sunday, rain or shine. That they will have a 1 block perimeter, but that he didnt know off hand if the parking garage at San Jacinto would be offlimits or not but that it probably would.

Ha - thanks.

I'll copy this over to the Montagu thread

Your view was better than mine. :angry: I was on the other side watching down Fannin. I think it was Fannin. I won't post my video, because it's the same, but that was awesome. I can finally scratch that off my list of things to see.

I think I might have been where you were, and if so, we were looking east down Rusk. I didn't know that view in the video would actually be there.

I think I might have been where you were, and if so, we were looking east down Rusk. I didn't know that view in the video would actually be there.

I was at Fannin and Capital looking southwest down Fannin. It was a decent view, and I was only kidding. I'll try and post my video when I get home.

I just parked and got out, without much thought of where to watch. It was kind early and I was pretty much still asleep.

I just installed Google Earth on my new MacBook, and I noticed that Google Earth now has a 3D model of MainPlace in the skyline by default! This is great for giving us an idea of how it's going to look in a few years.

Here's a screenshot.

gallery_3613_3_33729.jpg

If only there was a 3D model for One Park Place...

Edited by Jax

I just installed Google Earth on my new MacBook, and I noticed that Google Earth now has a 3D model of MainPlace in the skyline by default! This is great for giving us an idea of how it's going to look in a few years.

Here's a screenshot.

gallery_3613_3_33729.jpg

If only there was a 3D model for One Park Place...

that looks neat. But the view of the skyline seems a bit out of place, but I just can't put my finger on it.

As I passed the construction site, I noticed that there is/was some structures UNDER mainstreet. was the building part of the tunnel system at one point?

I pulled Google Earth up on my computer and though it is neat, it doesn't make as big of an impact on the skyline as I would have thought...especially from the N. Side and the West side. Even from the south side it looks modest compared to the others. Anybody else think that? Also, how come Google Earth does not 3D the Heritage Plaza anymore? It was, at one point, one of the colored in buildings. Now, it doesn't even pop from the ground. Any thoughts?

Edited by wxman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FYI - MainPlace is breaking ground on Monday March 3rd, two months ahead of schedule. Cap beam excavation will start the first week, with first drilling operations the following week. The site will ramp up to 3 drilling rigs by late March.

FYI - MainPlace is breaking ground on Monday March 3rd, two months ahead of schedule. Cap beam excavation will start the first week, with first drilling operations the following week. The site will ramp up to 3 drilling rigs by late March.

That is awesome. I think this is 3 buildings scheduled to break ground DT in the first week of March!