New Cityplace Towers

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have to stay on topic regarding the brand new citiplace towers then this thread is officially dead. Unless, someone wants to change the title of this thread to April fool jokes.

We should respect our buddies to the north, this is the area for DFWers to post their dreams and fantasies based on unreliable sources. And for Houston guys to do a little research and call them on it.

That enough from me, I'm sure Dallasboi feels bad enough today. I'd be crying if I really thought that tower was coming to Houston only to find out the next day that it was all BS.

Man you guys are freakin harsh!!! Dallasboi just posted a picture of a really cool rendering of a building that may or may not be built. Then everybody rips into him!! What did he do wrong? Heck a few weeks back somebody posted in the Going Up Section of all things the renderings of the Houston City Centre building, but has anybody heard any concrete word on whether that thing is going to be built? No. Everybody posts renderings, this is an architecture forum regardless if the rendering is turned into reality and is built or not. Sheesh.

If we have to stay on topic regarding the brand new citiplace towers then this thread is officially dead. Unless, someone wants to change the title of this thread to April fool jokes.

We should respect our buddies to the north, this is the area for DFWers to post their dreams and fantasies based on unreliable sources. And for Houston guys to do a little research and call them on it.

That enough from me, I'm sure Dallasboi feels bad enough today. I'd be crying if I really thought that tower was coming to Houston only to find out the next day that it was all BS.

Only time will tell.....Im sure thats what you are hoping will happen,which is fine.....but YOUR reaction to them breaking ground (in the future).....will be priceless!!!! :P (its just optimism with confidence).Please don't release all of the bow and arrows at once :ph34r:

Man you guys are freakin harsh!!! Dallasboi just posted a picture of a really cool rendering of a building that may or may not be built. Then everybody rips into him!! What did he do wrong? Heck a few weeks back somebody posted in the Going Up Section of all things the renderings of the Houston City Centre building, but has anybody heard any concrete word on whether that thing is going to be built? No. Everybody posts renderings, this is an architecture forum regardless if the rendering is turned into reality and is built or not. Sheesh.

Yeah!!!!!!! :unsure:

i think Red's post is a good summary "Oh, that's rosewood. He (or she. I'm not sure it was ever determined.) went on a 6 day rampage on HAIF a year and a half ago. He/she was completely full of it, and made several posts that were outright fabrications. A dallasmetropolis mod came on HAIF and exposed him/her. Here is the thread where it happened.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...ic=3825&hl=

You will note that the fake post concerned new construction in Dallas, just like the subject of this thread. While the building is very attractive, it is unlikely that it is to be built in Dallas, given the originator of the thread.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you Dallasboi.

The rosewood person has proven to be a fraud both here and on dallasmetropolis. I think many people here have attempted to explain it repeatedly to dallasboi who responds with "Yeah!!!!!!! ", "Only time will tell.....Im sure thats what you are hoping will happen,which is fine.....but YOUR reaction to them breaking ground (in the future).....will be priceless!!!! "....... etc is really revealing. I don't believe anyone has been freakin harsh, but are just trying to emphasize that the poster has fabricated stories in the past which Dallasboi has completely ignored.

i think Red's post is a good summary "Oh, that's rosewood. He (or she. I'm not sure it was ever determined.) went on a 6 day rampage on HAIF a year and a half ago. He/she was completely full of it, and made several posts that were outright fabrications. A dallasmetropolis mod came on HAIF and exposed him/her. Here is the thread where it happened.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...ic=3825&hl=

You will note that the fake post concerned new construction in Dallas, just like the subject of this thread. While the building is very attractive, it is unlikely that it is to be built in Dallas, given the originator of the thread.

Sorry to be the one to break it to you Dallasboi.

The rosewood person has proven to be a fraud both here and on dallasmetropolis. I think many people here have attempted to explain it repeatedly to dallasboi who responds with "Yeah!!!!!!! ", "Only time will tell.....Im sure thats what you are hoping will happen,which is fine.....but YOUR reaction to them breaking ground (in the future).....will be priceless!!!! "....... etc is really revealing. I don't believe anyone has been freakin harsh, but are just trying to emphasize that the poster has fabricated stories in the past which Dallasboi has completely ignored.

I figured since the thread was restarted by a moderator, I didn't have to question the credibility of the information......And since Rosewood initially started the thread....I figured that Ctroymathis(mod) did the research on the project and then he reposted, comfirming it's validity......So if you guys call it wishful thinking then so be it.................But if they ever break ground,you will never hear the end of it from me.........just warning you guys. ;)

I figured since the thread was restarted by a moderator, I didn't have to question the credibility of the information......And since Rosewood initially started the thread....I figured that Ctroymathis(mod) did the research on the project and then he reposted, comfirming it's validity......So if you guys call it wishful thinking then so be it.................But if they ever break ground,you will never hear the end of it from me.........just warning you guys. ;)

Nice attitude there, boi. Are you likewise prepared for regular reminders that it is NOT being built? ;-)

Hey, Dallasboi, you may be right. Maybe rosewood actually was able to score a digital photograph of a rendering of a hush-hush project during a conversation at a party in LA.

In the meantime, while we wait for this building to come true, do you mind if we all just call you Rosewood?

Dallatude at its finest!

Hey, Dallasboi, you may be right. Maybe rosewood actually was able to score a digital photograph of a rendering of a hush-hush project during a conversation at a party in LA.

In the meantime, while we wait for this building to come true, do you mind if we all just call you Rosewood?

LOLOLOLOLOL :lol: Heck no!!!!!!!!....Dallasboi it is.

Nice attitude there, boi. Are you likewise prepared for regular reminders that it is NOT being built? ;-)

Sure....Rules are rules............. :rolleyes:

Dallatude at its finest!

Oh Please!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

LOLOLOLOLOL :lol: Heck no!!!!!!!!....Dallasboi it is.

Sure....Rules are rules............. :rolleyes:

Oh Please!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Remember....You guys(houstonians)Basically buried the Houston Pavillions Project thinking it wouldn't happen............and when it FINALLY broke ground, you guys all had orgasms!!!!!!!!!! :P

Now............back to my wishful thinking B)

Remember....You guys(houstonians)Basically buried the Houston Pavillions Project thinking it wouldn't happen............and when it FINALLY broke ground, you guys all had orgasms!!!!!!!!!! :P

Now............back to my wishful thinking B)

may i ask your age?

I've already inquired about his age in another thread. He never gave a response, but I'm thinking 14 or 15.

LOL you're nicer than i am

the project was delayed but on paper. that's different than the project you referenced.

Only time will tell.....Im sure thats what you are hoping will happen,which is fine.....but YOUR reaction to them breaking ground (in the future).....will be priceless!!!! :P

Not as priceless as today was. :lol:

I guessing he's about 14. When I was a child I used to believe in a man with a white beard and a red suit that delivered xmas presents. But at least I never believed in a psychotic drag queen with photoshop skills that delivered skyscrapers. :lol:

Grow up Dallasboi. And try to sharpen your research skills before you start anymore pointless (yet somewhat entertaining) threads. Unless you enjoy being the butt of a lot of jokes - which evidently you must since you keep coming back for more.

Not as priceless as today was. :lol:

I guessing he's about 14. When I was a child I used to believe in a man with a white beard and a red suit that delivered xmas presents. But at least I never believed in a psychotic drag queen with photoshop skills that delivered skyscrapers. :lol:

Grow up Dallasboi. And try to sharpen your research skills before you start anymore pointless (yet somewhat entertaining) threads. Unless you enjoy being the butt of a lot of jokes - which evidently you must since you keep coming back for more.

if he is an adult, i don't understand why he/she would use boi?!?!?

In the gay community, it is not uncommon to see profiles of grown men with the word "boi" included.

Example:

uptownboi = Actual age: 35

It is just like seeing someone that is easily passes for 30 with an Abercrombie t shirt on. If you are over 25, ditch it.

Disclaimer

**Not sure of dallasboi's sexual persuasion**

Man, I love it when these threads veer wildly off topic, like a bus on an icy mountain road. :lol:

BTW, Dallasboi mentioned in another thread that he worked for a law firm in Uptown. Could have been to cover up his age....or he could be exactly what B214 said.

Only the Boi (and perhaps, Rosewood) knows.

In the gay community, it is not uncommon to see profiles of grown men with the word "boi" included.

Example:

uptownboi = Actual age: 35

It is just like seeing someone that is easily passes for 30 with an Abercrombie t shirt on. If you are over 25, ditch it.

Disclaimer

**Not sure of dallasboi's sexual persuasion**

Man, I love it when these threads veer wildly off topic, like a bus on an icy mountain road. :lol:

BTW, Dallasboi mentioned in another thread that he worked for a law firm in Uptown. Could have been to cover up his age....or he could be exactly what B214 said.

Only the Boi (and perhaps, Rosewood) knows.

Totally off topic but perhaps deserving of a topic were I so inclined. As a 54 YO man I tend to agree with music. We are grown ups. I've never tagged him as music-boi nor he has tagged me as nmain-boi. We're just gay men...too old to be labeled boi [boy] by any standard. The only labels I desire are just to be good guys with diverse views. Maybe you could just call us "diverse bois?" B)

Regardless of the tower's chance of ever getting built (admittedly, slim to none anytime soon), and regardless of whatever dallasboi's true age might be, I think it was extremely naive of him to expect anything but trash talk and bad mouthing from haif. Houstonians on here never fail to take a swipe at Dallas, Dallasites, or their character. By creating a new thread overflowing with unfounded enthusiasm here on haif for these unannounced towers, dallasboi served up a hanging curveball right over the heart of the plate (a la the Rangers pitching staff) for the Houston crowd here to cream there pants over.

Now, to all the dallas folks out there, let's go tear apart the dumbasses on the Houston City Centre thread jumping outta their jocks for some ridiculous fantasty that has no shot in hell of getting built - in true haif spirit, of course.

Don't let the insecurity of my fellow Houstonians offend. I for one think the proposed towers are really very attractive and would look great in that location. I'd love for Houston to get something like that developed. Fat chance...

ND......puh-leeeze!

You know good and well that this is not an anti-Dallas thread. Rather, it turned into an anti-troll thread on Rosewood. A little good natured ribbing of Dallasboi, who loves to dish it as well, is just part of the fun. As for comparisons to City Centre, go read the thread. There is healthy skepticism there as well. However, unlike this photoshop job by Rosewood, City Centre at least could be found on a website. The skepticism arises from knowledge of the unbelievable legal problems surrounding the site. In contrast, not one person, Dallas or otherwise, can find anything that suggests Rosewood's post was anything other than trolling. Dallasmetropolis' own posters confirm it. BTW, are YOU vouching for Rosewood's credibility?

Now, if you don't mind, give the Mother Superior lecture a rest. I already spent 8 years in Catholic confinement, and I don't need it from a Notre Dame supporter on an architecture forum. It is exactly this inability to find humor in anything that causes Houstonians to pile on Dallasites in the first place.

Let It be Known....Yes I am an Adult........I am 27 yrs old.....I'm not gay but i do think men are attractive :P Yes I do work for JOnes Day Law Firm in Uptown Dallas .Yes I do love Station 4.And.........(drumroll)........................I am Black!!!!!!!!!!!

Now are you guys satisfied.....Do you want pictures? I will post one if it will help. :D

Let It be Known....Yes I am an Adult........I am 27 yrs old.....I'm not gay but i do think men are attractive :P Yes I do work for JOnes Day Law Firm in Uptown Dallas .Yes I do love Station 4.And.........(drumroll)........................I am Black!!!!!!!!!!!

Now are you guys satisfied.....Do you want pictures? I will post one if it will help. :D

And he sometimes dresses in drag, and goes by the pseudonym of "Rosewood".

:lol:

J/K Boi. You know we love your posts around here. :P

Houstonians on here never fail to take a swipe at Dallas, Dallasites, or their character.

Now, to all the dallas folks out there, let's go tear apart the dumbasses on the Houston City Centre thread jumping outta their jocks for some ridiculous fantasty that has no shot in hell of getting built - in true haif spirit, of course.

Knowing that they will find nothing but abuse here, they just keep coming back for more. I don't get it. Dallasboi might not be mature enough to understand, but since you already know the nature of Haif, and can predict the behavior, what's your excuse for coming to a forum you already know to be full of people who "never fail to take a swipe out of Dallas"? You know what you're in for before you post it. Makes no sense.

But, since you are inviting your fellow "dallas folks to tear apart the dumbasses on the HCC thread", we know why you really come here ND and it isn't because you're really interested in architecture. Like Dallasboi, you are a muckraker of the worst kind. Yes, I have posted an insensitive comment or two on Haif but I never start threads, or begin these debates, or invite my buddies to join me in "tearing dumbasses apart". Shame on you.

You might notice that no one took swipes at the actual building in the rendering - only the source, the lack of credibility, the gullibility, and the irresponsibility of someone who starts new threads without bothering to do even the slightest bit of research or confirmation.

What do you guys think will happen the next time Dallasboi starts a new thread. I bet I can guess.

As far a HCC. It may amount to nothing, but at least it is based in reality. There at least is a legitimate source of the photo. The rendering came from an actual architecture firm's website. But with no annoucement, I have my excitement under control, and wouldn't be posting that rendering on architecture forums based out of other cities.

Knowing that they will find nothing but abuse here, they just keep coming back for more. I don't get it. Dallasboi might not be mature enough to understand, but since you already know the nature of Haif, and can predict the behavior, what's your excuse for coming to a forum you already know to be full of people who "never fail to take a swipe out of Dallas"? You know what you're in for before you post it. Makes no sense.

But, since you are inviting your fellow "dallas folks to tear apart the dumbasses on the HCC thread", we know why you really come here ND and it isn't because you're really interested in architecture. Like Dallasboi, you are a muckraker of the worst kind. Yes, I have posted an insensitive comment or two on Haif but I never start threads, or begin these debates, or invite my buddies to join me in "tearing dumbasses apart". Shame on you.

You might notice that no one took swipes at the actual building in the rendering - only the source, the lack of credibility, the gullibility, and the irresponsibility of someone who starts new threads without bothering to do even the slightest bit of research or confirmation.

What do you guys think will happen the next time Dallasboi starts a new thread. I bet I can guess.

As far a HCC. It may amount to nothing, but at least it is based in reality. There at least is a legitimate source of the photo. The rendering came from an actual architecture firm's website. But with no annoucement, I have my excitement under control, and wouldn't be posting that rendering on architecture forums based out of other cities.

What is the definition of Muckraker anyway?........... :huh:

Archived