New Cityplace Towers

Let It be Known....Yes I am an Adult........I am 27 yrs old.....I'm not gay but i do think men are attractive :P Yes I do work for JOnes Day Law Firm in Uptown Dallas .Yes I do love Station 4.And.........(drumroll)........................I am Black!!!!!!!!!!!

so you're 27, not gay and call yourself boi? answers quite a few questions.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the definition of Muckraker anyway?........... :huh:

I think it refers to someone who enjoys stirring up trouble for the pure enjoyment of it. I could be wrong. There may be a more accurate word for what you do here Dallasboi, but I will be banned if I post it. ;) I'm sure there is an even worse word for what I do around here too.

Don't get me wrong, a little muckraking can be an entertaining thing. But, you've got to be prepared for the consequences and just a little responsible when you're doing it.

I never had a problem with you posting that rendering or being excited over it (I would have been too!), but to keep believing in it after we all know what we do - is going to get you in trouble. You say you can't wait to see the expression on my face when they build it? Well you should have seen the expression on my face when I discovered the source of the rendering. :blink: Unlike you or me, that sister has some serious muckracking issues. Just think of the time she put in those renderings in that post from 2005.

Don't let my quick defence of Houston fool you, I'm not particularly happy that I'll probably never get to see that cool tower with my own eyes even if they were going to build it Dallas.

Not to encourage you but, it is possible that the info that rosewood had could be based in fact in some bizarre way, and that a residential tower of the same size is going in that same spot. But I am convinced that is it NOT going to be the building in that rendering. But cheer up, it may even be cooler.

I think it refers to someone who enjoys stirring up trouble for the pure enjoyment of it. I could be wrong. There may be a more accurate word for what you do here Dallasboi, but I will be banned if I post it. ;) I'm sure there is an even worse word for what I do around here too.

Don't get me wrong, a little muckraking can be an entertaining thing. But, you've got to be prepared for the consequences and just a little responsible when you're doing it.

I never had a problem with you posting that rendering or being excited over it (I would have been too!), but to keep believing in it after we all know what we do - is going to get you in trouble. You say you can't wait to see the expression on my face when they build it? Well you should have seen the expression on my face when I discovered the source of the rendering. :blink: Unlike you or me, that sister has some serious muckracking issues. Just think of the time she put in those renderings in that post from 2005.

Don't let my quick defence of Houston fool you, I'm not particularly happy that I'll probably never get to see that cool tower with my own eyes even if they were going to build it Dallas.

Not to encourage you but, it is possible that the info that rosewood had could be based in fact in some bizarre way, and that a residential tower of the same size is going in that same spot. But I am convinced that is it NOT going to be the building in that rendering. But cheer up, it may even be cooler.

well actually theres a building already proposed for the Hank Haney site and it is very impressive....I don't know when they plan to break ground or if it will ever happen(for the sake of you guys ;) ).So I know that SOMETHING is getting built there.

Wait, musicman is gay?

Oh yeah, cool rendering.

you go away for an afternoon and look what you miss. while i am prone to laughter and tend to be lighthearted most of the time, i can conclusively say i'm not like that all the time.

andy-griffith.jpg

i feel like i've just been mayberried!

Knowing that they will find nothing but abuse here, they just keep coming back for more. I don't get it. Dallasboi might not be mature enough to understand, but since you already know the nature of Haif, and can predict the behavior, what's your excuse for coming to a forum you already know to be full of people who "never fail to take a swipe out of Dallas"? You know what you're in for before you post it. Makes no sense.

But, since you are inviting your fellow "dallas folks to tear apart the dumbasses on the HCC thread", we know why you really come here ND and it isn't because you're really interested in architecture. Like Dallasboi, you are a muckraker of the worst kind. Yes, I have posted an insensitive comment or two on Haif but I never start threads, or begin these debates, or invite my buddies to join me in "tearing dumbasses apart". Shame on you.

I admit, when I wrote my post, especially those last two lines, I let your post get to me too much, and I was pissed. But, it should be known that those last two lines were laced with sarcasm. As for the rest of the post, I stand by it, it's what I think goes on from time to time. Call me a muckraker or whatever the hell you want, but I still think I have a valid point. A lot of these comments go too far sometimes.

X, you seem to rip on dallas for a living on this subforum. That's why you got a warning not too long ago. Don't get me wrong, criticism from houston haifers is good, but for the love of god, just show us a little respect every once in a while. thats all I'm asking. Even though it's the internet, and none of us has to see anyone else's ugly face, it'll just help us take what you say more seriously instead of wanting to beat the crap out of you.

And for the record, I know that the HCC is more substantiated than this tower, and I think it would be f-ing awesome for downtown Houston. I admit that even though this is just a rendering and not an official announcement yet, it's still a sign of DT houston's further evolution and progress. And I know that's a great thing for the city and Texas overall.

I admit, when I wrote my post, especially those last two lines, I let your post get to me too much, and I was pissed. But, it should be known that those last two lines were laced with sarcasm. As for the rest of the post, I stand by it, it's what I think goes on from time to time. Call me a muckraker or whatever the hell you want, but I still think I have a valid point. A lot of these comments go too far sometimes.

X, you seem to rip on dallas for a living on this subforum. That's why you got a warning not too long ago. Don't get me wrong, criticism from houston haifers is good, but for the love of god, just show us a little respect every once in a while. thats all I'm asking. Even though it's the internet, and none of us has to see anyone else's ugly face, it'll just help us take what you say more seriously instead of wanting to beat the crap out of you.

And for the record, I know that the HCC is more substantiated than this tower, and I think it would be f-ing awesome for downtown Houston. I admit that even though this is just a rendering and not an official announcement yet, it's still a sign of DT houston's further evolution and progress. And I know that's a great thing for the city and Texas overall.

I guess the biggest difference between you and me is that I don't write my post with anger - or consume as much alcohol :)

Archived