Townhomes At 2020 McGowen St.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2018 at 3:48 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

I came across these randomly but they caught my eye and they're marketed as brownstones if I remember correctly. I looked on HAR and never found anything on them so maybe what you’re asking is the case. They look cheaply made in person. Although, I like the brick at the bottom.   

That's correct - looks like they've also eliminated the rooftop decks

Rendering-Final.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Low 400's? Waaaat, no way. If they sell those for 375 or more I've got some properties to sell to those nice people. 

That part of the ward tho is definitely moving fast. Once the bridges toward that area, going across 288, are back up linking the two sides I expect things to start to pick up over there. I friends who wanted to move "in-town" and this area, and right across to 45, is where all 4 of them are looking. But 400k? Heck no.

Ther

1 hour ago, X.R. said:

Low 400's? Waaaat, no way. If they sell those for 375 or more I've got some properties to sell to those nice people. 

New construction town home asking prices have crept up above 400k in my part of Third Ward too.   Although they're nicer than these.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Third Ward: Block of Townhomes at 2020 McGowen off market
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 1:23 PM, BeerNut said:

AzUxG4n.jpg

So they just attached wood slats to a metal fence...   Also it looks like someone snagged the downtown view off their banner.

Nice job snagging that Alfa Romeo Milano in your shot, that’s a very rare sight in 2020. I cannot remember the last time I saw one.

19 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

Nice job snagging that Alfa Romeo Milano in your shot, that’s a very rare sight in 2020. I cannot remember the last time I saw one.

As the former owner of a GTV6, it immediately caught my attention as well. I spotted a Milano driving around not too long ago, for the first time in years. You'd have to be committed to the marque to own one now - I'm not even sure there are any local go-to guys for service on older Alfas left. 

5 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

As the former owner of a GTV6, it immediately caught my attention as well. I spotted a Milano driving around not too long ago, for the first time in years. You'd have to be committed to the marque to own one now - I'm not even sure there are any local go-to guys for service on older Alfas left. 

I’m pretty much as low as you can go on the 1980s Italian car hierarchy (it’s technically a FIAT), but really love the looks of the old Alfas, especially the GTV6. I solved the “no one knows how to work on my old Italian crapbox” problem by getting the service manual for it and rolling up my sleeves. After replacing clutch, pulling the steering rack to have it rebuilt, and reworking the front suspension, I guess I’m technically an expert now. lol

23 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

I’m pretty much as low as you can go on the 1980s Italian car hierarchy (it’s technically a FIAT), but really love the looks of the old Alfas, especially the GTV6. I solved the “no one knows how to work on my old Italian crapbox” problem by getting the service manual for it and rolling up my sleeves. After replacing clutch, pulling the steering rack to have it rebuilt, and reworking the front suspension, I guess I’m technically an expert now. lol

Yeah, I think that is the path that has been taken by many owners of older Alfas and Fiats. There used to be a reasonably active local Alfa club that was very helpful when it came to DIYers seeking advice and expertise - not sure if they're still around as it's been quite a few years since I last checked. GTV6s are fantastic driver's cars when they're well-sorted and working properly. They used to be known as "the poor man's Ferrari", but what was often left unsaid was that ownership of one was not infrequently a proximate cause of becoming a poor man. 

• The title was changed to Townhomes Taken Off The Market - 2020 McGowen St.
  • The title was changed to Townhomes At 2020 McGowen St.

Archived