Ivy District: Mixed-Use Development In Pearland

clearman

A street grid? Two thumbs up

Yep, I just don't know what layout is wrong.. The rendering of the hotel, or the footprints of the buildings in the street grid.. The hotel doesn't match anything on the grid (the hotel appears to be a triangle, or at least have a 60* corner on at least one side.

I kind of hope the street grid is wrong because that would sure make for a lot of boxes and parking garages. (Is it necessary to have 7 parking garages in a development your touting as "urban"?) the building that may or may not be the funky asymmetrical building seems to be the only interesting design of the site. Hopefully they get more creative than the project being majority parking garages wrapped in a bunch of the same apartment buildings, and putting all the retail focused on the street to the far left with "shops" in the name.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those are just the strangest renderings.  Colored geometric shapes that I suppose suggest crystals more than real buildings, like World's Fair pavilions.  It will be interesting to see how the actual project develops. 

As an aside, I always enjoy checking out the cars in architectural renderings.  Usually they are heavy on the Audis and Porsches, so I give these guys points for the convertible antique whatever in the realistic-looking drawing.  

The convertible car depicted is a good copy of a Muntz Jet which was produced up until around 1954 or so.

post-3141-0-06361800-1409361621.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This was narrowly aprroved by the Pearland city council. The ones who opposed did so because the project contains multifamily units. derp.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pearland/news/pearland-city-council-narrowly-approves-ivy-district-zone-change-application/article_3b67f412-0e53-5209-bead-6a7d91781014.html

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://impactnews.com/houston-metro/pearland-friendswood/multiuse-district-to-further-develop-lower-kirby/

Phase 1 of construction—which includes public space along Clear Creek, a 150-room hotel with a 15,000-square-foot conference center, offices, retail and 575 residential units—is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2015. The approximately 15 acres of recreational space alongside Clear Creek will be completed before the first building is occupied and will include amenities, such as trails, picnic areas and pavilions. The remaining residential and retail space will be part of Phase 2.
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...