Rush Limbaugh coming to KTRH 740 AM

houstonmacbro

Rush Limbaugh is joining the ranks of right-wingers on KTRH 740 AM. Not sure how much longer I am going to be an active listener of that channel 'cause about the ONLY shows I am a listener of are:

Coast to Coast AM, The Wall Street Journal, Ed Schultz and, Dave Ramsey

Here's the new lineup:

BEGINNING MON., DEC. 18

Midnight Coast to Coast - George Noory

4 a.m. Wall Street Journal This Morning

5 a.m. KTRH Morning News - Lana Hughes and J.P. Pritchard

(Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" at 5:50 and "News and Comment" at 7:50)

9 a.m. Troubleshooter Tom Martino

10:45 a.m. Paul Harvey

11 a.m. RUSH LIMBAUGH

2 p.m. Chris Baker

6 p.m. Joe Pags

8 p.m. Ed Schultz

10 p.m. Dave Ramsey

http://www.ktrh.com/pages/sked.html

what a bunch of hooey!

I'll stick with Michael Savage.

Please. MS is the biggest whining crybaby on the radio. And when he's not whining his show is an infomercial for his books. I wouldn't listen to him at all but I'm a talk show junkie when I'm in the car and the competing shows in his time slot are pretty lame also.

Arrrrrgh......Ed Shultz is cut back to two hours. I noticed Sam Malone dissapeared off of the schedule. No loss there.

well, i guess sam can get some quality time with his kid. hopefully his ratings at 96.5 will keep him on the air.

as far as talk shows go, most of the hosts take themselves too seriously. i like to listen to glen beck every morning.

so much for houston having a true news station now.

Rush Limbaugh is joining the ranks of right-wingers on KTRH 740 AM. Not sure how much longer I am going to be an active listener of that channel 'cause about the ONLY shows I am a listener of are:

Coast to Coast AM, The Wall Street Journal, Ed Schultz and, Dave Ramsey

Here's the new lineup:

BEGINNING MON., DEC. 18

Midnight Coast to Coast - George Noory

4 a.m. Wall Street Journal This Morning

5 a.m. KTRH Morning News - Lana Hughes and J.P. Pritchard

(Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" at 5:50 and "News and Comment" at 7:50)

9 a.m. Troubleshooter Tom Martino

10:45 a.m. Paul Harvey

11 a.m. RUSH LIMBAUGH

2 p.m. Chris Baker

6 p.m. Joe Pags

8 p.m. Ed Schultz

10 p.m. Dave Ramsey

http://www.ktrh.com/pages/sked.html

Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

Quit whinin, get with the times and get satellite radio already.

I honestly can't stand Michael Savage. Gads. Just cannot listen to him anymore. What a freak!

I like Rush, but as with all radio personalities (including Savage, if you consider him to have a personality), they are entertainers first. I am not sure why they are moving him to 740, but wow, they got rid of Pat Gray too, I wonder if it's a conspiracy? :lol:

I honestly can't stand Michael Savage. Gads. Just cannot listen to him anymore. What a freak!

He's a freak, but he right on a number of things.

#1 The feminization and wussification of boys in the school system.

#2 Bending over backwards for the Muslims.

#3 Caving into illegal aliens.

Parrot, 740 and 950 are both owned by the same company. They are probably just shifting to gain some advertising dollars for 740am. You still got Hannity and Savage, and Levin, that Levin is a friggin' crazyass, that voice gets irritating, but i love it when he slams callers, just soooo rude it's funny. "Get off the phone, you big JERK !"

Parrot, 740 and 950 are both owned by the same company. They are probably just shifting to gain some advertising dollars for 740am. You still got Hannity and Savage, and Levin, that Levin is a friggin' crazyass, that voice gets irritating, but i love it when he slams callers, just soooo rude it's funny. "Get off the phone, you big JERK !"

That voice! Like nails on a chalk board.

You're right, he does have a point. I do agree with his opinions on Muslims in this country (esp with what is going on in the UK currently) I guess I just don't like his delivery.

I wonder why they would move Rush down the dial, unless it is to boost ratings ?

Rush finely gets a promotion.

950 KPRC : 3000 - 5000 watts

740 KTRH : 50,000 watts :o

Edited by Marty

But we're the ones getting the raw end of the deal for having to hear his blabbering.

Excuse me? Does your radio not have an Off/On switch? Does it not tune to other radio stations? Is someone putting a gun to your head and forcing you to listen to Limbaugh? Nobody listens to anyone's "blabbering" unless they want to.

Edited by FilioScotia

Excuse me? Does your radio not have an Off/On switch? Does it not tune to other radio stations? Is someone putting a gun to your head and forcing you to listen to Limbaugh? Nobody listens to anyone's "blabbering" unless they want to.

Thank You Filio, I was about to comment on the same thing. Macbro, you can always turn it to Air America and listen to Al "Lie to you" Franken.

I agree 100% except for one thing. I do not think the guy's a freak at all. I think he deeply cares for the country he once knew, and it pisses him off that the above is happening. Quite frankly, it pisses me off to. Another thing about Savage that I like is the fact that he doesn't kiss the butt of the Bush camp.

Edited by Gary

I agree. We'll leave the irrational babbling to you!

Here: you be the factless, blabbering Limbaugh and I'll be...me?

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...8085&st=100

QUOTE(FilioScotia @ Monday, October 30th, 2006 @ 7:06pm)

Where is it written that someone in a wheelchair gets a pass on personal behavior?

No where.

Does their disability give them immunity to being held responsible for what they say?

No.

I say if a person in a wheelchair deserves to be slapped, then he or she should be slapped and the devil take the hindmost.

Right on!!!

In the matter of Michael J. Fox, this broohaha over Rush Limbaugh's alleged "mocking" of his disability is now being used as an excuse to ignore the point Limbaugh was making -- which was that everything -- EVERYTHING -- Fox said in that campaign spot was a lie. A LIE. Nothing he said was true.

EVERYTHING? Could you break that down for us word for word?

Nobody is talking about that.

Actually it seems everyone is talking about it.

Doesn't the truth matter anymore?

It matters to some.

Stem Cell Research is legal in every state.

Of course it is.

There are no prohibitions on it anywhere.

I'm can't speak to that. I could see it being illegal in a theocracy like Iran.

EMBRYONIC Stem Cell research is the only form of this research that the federal government will not fund.

Actually the US is funding limited lines at this time.

Nothing prevents states or privately funded research centers that don't get federal money from doing it on their own with their own money.

Not yet...at least until Missouri decides to or not.

California is doing it.

Yes they are.

None of this harangue makes any sense because not one -- NOT ONE -- reputable research center in this country has found any sign that embryonic stem cells can be used for anything.

Other than for research its self. Without scientific research you'd have no penicillin. Without scientific research AZT would have been left in the bottom of a freezer, leaving hopeless millions of AIDS sufferers. Are you proposing we abandon scientific research on a possible cure for diseases?

On the other hand, a number of research centers -- including Baylor College of Medicine right here in Houston -- have found a lot of promise in Adult Stem Cells, which by the way, can be obtained from adults

Yes, adult stem cell research has shown promise-just as embryonic stem cell research has.

-- not aborted fetuses.

Ah Ha! Now we see we're you're really going. Blastocysts-not aborted fetuses are the source for embryonic stem cells. The same blastocysts that are discarded daily without a whimper or whine from the anti-choice gang.

Why is the Democratic Party so married to the use of cells that can only come from aborted unborn babies?

They are not because blastocysts-not aborted fetuses are the source for embryonic stem cells. BTW, Orin

Hatch, Arlen Specter and many of their Republican pals are in on this too.

They act like it will be the end of the world if they can't kill some babies to get what they want.

Now you're just being shrill.

And worse, why are people like MJ Fox so willing to take something as important as stem cell research and turn it into a political weapon?

He's not. He's on the same side of science most Dems, Reps and Indies are on.

That's the most despicable thing of all, and I think he deserves to be slapped down. Figuratively and literally.

Go for it.

Oh? Rush? Did I forget to thank you for our stunning defeat of the Republicans last November? Thanks! :rolleyes:

Oh? Rush? Did I forget to thank you for our stunning defeat of the Republicans last November? Thanks! :rolleyes:

It is good to know that all we Republicans have to do in 2 years is make sure Rush doesn't comment about any "actors" during the heat of the election and we will be back in the driver's seat. Thanks for the 411 nmain. Glad to see where the Democrats "values" are so strong......."Don't pick on Hollywood, you bunch of big meanie Republicans !" ;):lol:

It is good to know that all we Republicans have to do in 2 years is make sure Rush doesn't comment about any "actors" during the heat of the election and we will be back in the driver's seat. Thanks for the 411 nmain. Glad to see where the Democrats "values" are so strong......."Don't pick on Hollywood, you bunch of big meanie Republicans !" ;):lol:

:lol: That's OK. All we need is for the far-right wing of the Republican party like Rush, Coulter and Filio to keep making absurd, unsubstantiated pronouncements and continue to make fun of a disabled actor who's efforts were supported by the left and right on election day. I'll take those values over a serial divorcee, "family values" :lol: child predator enabeling drug addict any day. :D