Isiah Carey's Blog is gone

Pumapayam

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful about clicking on it, since it's gone and is just a "place-holder" now it brings up a bunch of pop-ups. It's really gone, it's not even archived on that link. It's says something like "FreeWebHostingDomain" or something like that.

Oh...what a loss. It was always just a bunch of pictures of mostly black people at parties.

no no. . . look closely, some white people are sprinkled in there too. :lol:

Not sure what happened, but it's here now:

http://carey2.blogspot.com/

Thank you, I wonder what caused the change, and look at this!

scan0002.jpg

Translation, I am using my "somewhat" famous name to plug my crappy painting.

We all know what "contemporary" means, just splashes of color and irregular shapes that a 2 year old or a trained elephant can do, yet these joker's think that it is worth $1000's of dollars. . .yeah right. <_<

I can do "abstract art" too! :rolleyes:

Well, I am on the HAIF record on this, too.

I am proud to say I led the charge against the Chron.com blogs. If you remember earlier this summer, their site design was all about blogging. It almost took over their "real news." Trendoids to say the least.

Chron.com blogs were front and center on the top navigation bar.

After many friendly exchanges with the editorial board, you'll notice they redesigned the site a couple of months ago.

Was it becuase of me? Maybe...but at least they are looking a bit more like a real paper again.

Of course, the blogs are still there but at least not front and center.

But blogs are not news. Call me old school, but newspapers are for news, not gossip. Exactly where do you draw the line?

from carey's blog:

It's always interesting to read what people have to say when you're down. During the time I lost The Insite's web address I received lots of support from fellow bloggers like BlogHouston, Michael Berry and Mike McGuff...And then there are the not so kind folk out there like the following posts about the Insite. They basically applauded my short time demise. So read the following comments from the site HoustonArchitecture where the individuals were more than willing to let their true colors show once they believed the Insite was dead. The comments are below. Tell me what you think about it.

"Oh...what a loss. It was always just a bunch of pictures of mostly black people at parties."

jm1fd

Bank of America Center

"Journalists having a blog is bush league, anyway. Blogs are for the masses, not news people."

MidtownCoog

KLDE Tower

The Link: http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...ic=8831&hl=

so this is what we're known for? faaantastic

if i didn't know better, the tone of your comment(s) would seem to imply some things about your preferences regarding cultural differences.....

I think you should read the forum thoroughly and then post that kind of accusations when you your finish. :P

But other than that welcome to the forum

Somebody give me a good reason a newsman needs a blog?

And where is jm1fd?

I'm right here.

if i didn't know better, the tone of your comment(s) would seem to imply some things about your preferences regarding cultural differences.....

I don't have any preferences toward cultural differences. There are differences, and that's the way it is. Big deal.

I'd say my statement was a pretty accurate description of the blog, and I think others would agree. Does that mean I'm racist, or what I'm describing is?

Where you an audience member ranting and raving at Michael Richard's at the comedy club last month. Where is Al Sharpton, Quannel X, Jesse Jackson when you need them?

I love how the use of the term black is somehow racist. It is disgusting how quickly someone will throw out the race card.

It is disgusting how quickly ppl pulled the race card nowadays when no racism is involved.

It is equally disgusting how quickly someone will throw the 'he pulled the race card' line when none is pulled,

Even more disgusting is how quickly someone will use the 'he pulled the race card' line as a shield for actual racism.

from carey's blog:

so this is what we're known for? faaantastic

Yes, unfortunately that is what this site is becoming known for and it's really sad because this was not always the case. I, along with other members have noticed the rise of the small but vocal group, who apparently are ignorant to their own issues, and apparently Isiah Carey of Fox 26 has found out why this site is becoming known for more than architecture and Houston issues.

As a long time member who was one of the first, it's sad to see the reputation of this site tarnished. But it is indeed starting to be tarnished and the word has started to spread. :(

I love how the use of the term black is somehow racist. It is disgusting how quickly someone will throw out the race card.

While I was driving home on the West Loop on yesterday, this white idiot pulled in front of me forcing me to slam on my brakes.

IMO, just like there was no point in me mentioning the race of that idiot, I found no point in race entering this thread.

Yes, unfortunately that is what this site is becoming known for and it's really sad because this was not always the case. I, along with other members have noticed the rise of the small but vocal group, who apparently are ignorant to their own issues, and apparently so has Isiah Carey of Fox 26.

As a long time member who was one of the first, it's sad to see the reputation of this site tarnished. But it is indeed starting to be tarnished and the word has started to spread. :(

Funny thing about reputation. It doesn't really matter. Look at Rush Limbaugh's reputation...it's shot all to hell. Doesn't mean that he's getting yanked from the air or that politicians on both sides of the aisle don't take him seriously. In a very real sense, he maintains relevance.

The more important aspect is publicity. So thanks, Isiah. You just helped to finance our recent server upgrades. Can we get a blurb on tonight's news? ;)

As a long time member who was one of the first, it's sad to see the reputation of this site tarnished. But it is indeed starting to be tarnished and the word has started to spread.

Don't be such a drama queen. One freaking thread on Carey's blog.

And in case you don't understand, this site is competion to Carey's blog.

LOL! He quoted you & Coog on his site. You should go check it out.

Isiah: "Blogs are for girls & emo's!" Quote that!

LOL

I just read that, I am honored the google and Isiah picked it up and so fast too.

I laughed when I saw the quotes, especially since he included the rankings of the people on the site too.

:lol:

Don't be such a drama queen. One freaking thread on Carey's blog.

And in case you don't understand, this site is competion to Carey's blog.

The growing reputation of this site did not begin with Isiah Carey's blog. It precedes his post a few days ago. Isiah Carey apparently has just realized it himself. More people visit the site than possibly you realize and all do not post or are even registered.

If you think his post is the cause of people hearing about the idiocy of many of the posters here, you are giving his blog more credit than it deserves for it.

The growing reputation of this site did not begin with Isiah Carey's blog.

Okay, spell it out, what reputation are you refering too, are we dumb, ignorant, racist, all of the above. . .what?

It precedes his post a few days ago. Isiah Carey apparently has just realized it himself. More people visit the site than possibly you realize and all do not post or are even registered.

He posted it on the same day, you lost me here. The blog entry and this thread started December 1st.

I don't believe honest reporters should have a personal Blog.

I say that as a long time reporter who places a very high value on my credibility, which should be every reporter's most precious asset. If the people I report to cannot trust me to tell them the truth at all times, and believe "absolutely" that what I am telling them about any given story is the truth, then I am of no use to them or to my employer.

My personal opinions have no place in any story I cover and that's why I work hard to report the news as it happened. Any opinions expressed in my story are those of the newsmaker -- not me.

That's why I think reporters who set up personal blogs to disseminate their opinions are doing irreparable harm to their crediblity. Yes, reporters have the right to have opinions, but I don't think they're helping the cause of honest journalism when they express their opinions in public.

Because I know Carey's opinions on various issues, how can I trust him to present balanced and unbiased report on one of those issues on TV? That's the tight rope reporters have to walk, and if they can't walk it they should get out of reporting and set themselves up as commentators.

As for Isiah Carey, I only went to his blog a few times, but I think his employer told him to shut it down because so much of his employer's "in house" dirty laundry was showing up there. If Carey was working for me and revealing private "in house" stuff to the public I wouldn't like it either.

I really don't know why the blog is gone. That's just my opinion.

Because I know Carey's opinions on various issues, how can I trust him to present balanced and unbiased report on one of those issues on TV?

then you might choose not not trust him - but at least you know

i'd rather know about them than not while watching a report (well, not that i watch tv news...but the same goes for print and radio).

I really don't know why the blog is gone. That's just my opinion.

Actually it is still around, this link is here. This was posted earlier in the thread, you might have missed it.

He wrote about our post here.

On a side note, this is not something I wanted to read before lunch. . .yuck.

Archived