HAIFy Christmas is back.

editor

Good job!

Both Wal-Mart and Target have "Merry Christmas" commericals again.

It's about time. I think other religions are cool with "Christmas." I've never protested the "Festival of Lights", "Hannkah", "Ramadan" or whatever else there is.

It's the atheists, who spend more energy not believing, than religious people spend at church, who cause all this BS for all of us.

Good job!

Both Wal-Mart and Target have "Merry Christmas" commericals again.

It's about time. I think other religions are cool with "Christmas." I've never protested the "Festival of Lights", "Hannkah", "Ramadan" or whatever else there is.

It's the atheists, who spend more energy not believing, than religious people spend at church, who cause all this BS for all of us.

Of course other religons are cool with christmas.

I don't see ramadan, hannkah, festival of lights or 'whatever else there is' trying to get their own federal holiday.

These willowcreek folks should quit playing victim and feeling sorry for themselves when their religion is the only religion getting a federal public holiday.

I don't think it's fair to make this a Willow Creek thing. They aren't involved in any way except that the person who wrote the article asked them what they think. It's easy to pick out some Christian group you know nothing about and make them out to be the demon. It seems to be how a lot of people argue on the internet these days.

The issue is the city being so worried about offending people that they're not letting a movie about Christmas be advertised at a Christmas festival.

And make no mistake -- this is a Christmas festival, and has been since its inception.

Hooray! American Christianity is saved!

Lots of countries say "Merry Christmas." Not just Americans. Though sometimes it's also stated as "Happy Christmas."

Interesting that at a time when malls in communist China are putting up Christmas trees actual Christians in what used to be a free country feel like they have to censor themselves.

Lots of countries say "Merry Christmas." Not just Americans. Though sometimes it's also stated as "Happy Christmas."

Interesting that at a time when malls in communist China are putting up Christmas trees actual Christians in what used to be a free country feel like they have to censor themselves.

Alright! The "War On Christmas" thread is back! I've waited 11 months to relive the touching story of 270 million oppressed Americans yearning to hear a geriatric greeter at WalMart say "Merry Christmas" as they fight with their fellow oppressed Americans for that plasma TV.

Let the games begin! :lol:

I don't think 270 million people are getting plasma TVs this year. There just aren't that many available. And if there were, I don't think they'd all buy them at Wal-Mart since there are (remarkably) still places in America that are Wal-Mart free.

Oh, wait... you were being fatuous. So sorry. I didn't realize that you get joy from minimizing other people's concerns and being condescending.

How about you let us know something you care about so we can rip it to shreds, mmmm-kay? We could start with that butt-ugly dog you use as an avatar. Turnabout is fair play.

You do want to be fair, don't you?

The Christian holiday became so popular and widely celebrated that now "Christ" can't be included because "it might offend"? It sucks being kicked out of your own holiday (publicly anyhow) I do understand respecting other beliefs, but maybe in the future we can find a happy medium.

How about you let us know something you care about so we can rip it to shreds, mmmm-kay? We could start with that butt-ugly dog you use as an avatar. Turnabout is fair play.

can't we just look at this random dog and be ok? :(

309151633_009f1be91a.jpg

I don't think 270 million people are getting plasma TVs this year. There just aren't that many available. And if there were, I don't think they'd all buy them at Wal-Mart since there are (remarkably) still places in America that are Wal-Mart free.

Oh, wait... you were being fatuous. So sorry. I didn't realize that you get joy from minimizing other people's concerns and being condescending.

I think we all want to be fair. I'm sure that's why you PMed me about my sarcastic reply to another of plastic's absurd posts in addition to your admonishment in my reply to moonies suggestion I kill myself.

BTW, I've seen Red's dog in person and it is quite the attractive specimen. ;)

Red,

I know it's hard being a bitter old loner living in a craker box, but Christmas is Christmas. Deal with it.

And as far as it being a federal public holiday, it's not like the Jews, Muslims and Hindis have to work that day, either.

My company even gives us Boxing Day off, and you don't see me protesting Ottawa!

The only people with panties in a wad are the atheists!

PRINT IT - IN BOLD

Actually, the dog is the perfect example to use. I know that you no more think the dog is butt-ugly...or worse, would want to get rid of it...than anyone, including me or atheists, want to get rid of Christmas. Even if you did think the dog is butt-ugly, I would not care, for it is my dog, with special meaning to ME. This is similar to my amusement that a Christian holiday has become the most crass, materialistic display of the year. As I recall from last year, you ignore the materialism and crassness in favor of the songs and ornaments and the chilly weather. Why would you care that I see the other side of it (in fact, I cannot escape it).

The fact is, I don't mind Christmas at all. I just enjoy poking fun at those who look at everything as an attack on everything "they hold dear". If that is you, sorry about that.

I read today the newly elected head of the Christian coalition resigned because the powers that be said his advocacy of positive solutions to the problems of poverty and the degrading enviornment were too "liberal."

If having a peace sign made of pine branches; if helping innocent children with less; if securing a stable and sustainable environment and if refuting the imagined FOXNews/O'Reilley war on Christmas makes me a liberal pariah, then I will burn with the brightest light possible in lieu of freezing in the coldest hell imaginable.

Why would you care that I see the other side of it (in fact, I cannot escape it).

The fact is, I don't mind Christmas at all. I just enjoy poking fun at those who look at everything as an attack on everything "they hold dear". If that is you, sorry about that.

What other side? Everyone sees it. If a Jewish Individual told me "Happy Hanukkah", I'd return the favor... "Happy Hanukkah to you too!"

Or Cinco De Mayo.

No one should feel bad about celebrating holidays, unless its profane. I'm not Christian, but I still celebrate Christmas. My cousin is not religious, but he still got married in a church. I'm not Jewish, but I still hang this old star of david (my great grandmother gave me) in my window.

I don't think it's fair to make this a Willow Creek thing. They aren't involved in any way except that the person who wrote the article asked them what they think. It's easy to pick out some Christian group you know nothing about and make them out to be the demon. It seems to be how a lot of people argue on the internet these days.

The issue is the city being so worried about offending people that they're not letting a movie about Christmas be advertised at a Christmas festival.

And make no mistake -- this is a Christmas festival, and has been since its inception.

Actually its not just the willow creek folks I am singling out. It's anyone who bothers to whine about being too PC on christmas. Sure, overtly PC is stupid, but it is more stupid to whine about it, especially when christianity gets its own federal holiday, more recognition, and definitely a lot more face time than any other religion in this country; I think we can afford to be more generous and not whine about this.

Its like the kid who already has twice as many toys as the next kid but still whining because he can't have more.

Christmas has evolve into being about more than just Christ, it now includes santa claus, dancing snowmen, shopping galore, juicy turkeys and lots and lots of presents.

We no longer need a navtivity show to make it christmasy. Deal with it.

Christmas has evolve into being about more than just Christ, it now includes santa claus, dancing snowmen, shopping galore, juicy turkeys and lots and lots of presents.

...and this guy:OReally.jpg the official News Corp warrior for "Family Values", morality and Christmas!

We no longer need a navtivity show to make it christmasy. Deal with it.

The thing is, Christmas is just as much Christ as it is Rudolph to millions of us. I think that all faiths should be equally allowed to display publically. What I don't agree with is when whatever group decides that Easter is all about the bunny, egg hunts, and chocolate and I must take the "He's Risen" sign out of my yard, that just doesn't sit right with me. However, I do not support "religion" on government property. We are all Americans, from the most devout Christian to the atheist. There has to be a way to make everyone feel a little more comfortable when this issue arises. :blush:

Yes, it is very classy looking. And yes, I am glad you call it "Christmas" and not the silly generic "Holidays".

I think Americans must be the only people in the world that have managed to convince themselves that it is somehow offensive to use the word "Christmas." :wacko:

Yes, it is very classy looking. And yes, I am glad you call it "Christmas" and not the silly generic "Holidays".

I think Americans must be the only people in the world that have managed to convince themselves that it is somehow offensive to use the word "Christmas." :wacko:

In religiously oppressive Communist China they put up Christmas trees in the malls.

In the supposedly free United States we put up holiday trees in the malls.

I was in a state government office building last Tuesday that had five small Christmas trees in the rotunda. There was a sign on an easel proclaiming them to be "A celebration of holiday spirit." Hanging above the whole display was a banner about the size of a semi reading, "Celebrating Arab-American Heritage Month."

The two were not meant to be a single display, but because of the architecture of the building they ended up next to each other. One of the few times I wish I still had a camera phone.

• 2 weeks later...

This is now a bit old, but I agree, just accept Christmas as a great holiday and quit trying to focus on the religious aspect of it, Christmas does not exclude anyone just because it is a Christian holiday, because anyone can celebrate it. I am Mulsim and I have a real tree in my house decorated and everything, because I can. It is a fun and spirited holiday to enjoy!

This is now a bit old, but I agree, just accept Christmas as a great holiday and quit trying to focus on the religious aspect of it, Christmas does not exclude anyone just because it is a Christian holiday, because anyone can celebrate it.

Did the Rabbi threaten to sue HAIF?

HAIFYHanukkah-001.png

Just joking, happy Hanukkah, (or Chanukah) :lol:

Archived