Alexan Upper Kirby: Multifamily At 2300 Richmond Ave.

The advertisements in the magazines for it (if it is the project I'm thinking of) shows a view of Downtown from around Minute Made Park.

Must be a dream, because those locations are pretty far from Greenway, and I doubt you can see Minute Maid Park from the 5th story of that complex.

• Like 1

Montrose,

You are talking about a different project that was built out a few years ago (the Alexan Lofts). Alexan is just the "brand name" for Trammell Crow's higher end apartments. Thus, you'll see names like

Alexan Lofts (east side of US 59)

Alexan Upper Kirby

Alexan Greenway

Alexan Piney Point...

• Like 1

its trammell crows deal and spelled alexan ;)

btw - they have about 10 houston deals in the pipe-line :blink:

Thanks, my mistake, I was driving by and only got a quick glance at the posted sign.

Do they have a website?

Edited by Ethanra
  • Like 1

Is it Alexan or Alexian? If so, is this it?

alexanrm7.png

http://www.ediarchitecture.com/multifamily/alexankirby.html

It's amusing to me that the artist's rendering stretches JUST far enough to catch the Audi sign on the left. I wonder if they will really sell more apartments because readers notice that there's a high-end auto dealer nearby -- so it MUST be an upscale neighborhood!

:D

It's amusing to me that the artist's rendering stretches JUST far enough to catch the Audi sign on the left. I wonder if they will really sell more apartments because readers notice that there's a high-end auto dealer nearby -- so it MUST be an upscale neighborhood!

:D

Looks like yet another Alexan project going up in Houston on the site of the old Surrey House hotel near Main and Kirby. Its too early to tell how its going to look, but anything is an improvement over the hotel that was there before.

http://www.alexanmainstreet.com/

Looks like yet another Alexan project going up in Houston on the site of the old Surrey House hotel near Main and Kirby. Its too early to tell how its going to look, but anything is an improvement over the hotel that was there before.

http://www.alexanmainstreet.com/

thats the old surrey house and grants palm court inn. crow closed about 6 months ago and paid $35 psf for +/- 4 acres.

• 7 months later...

I noticed yesterday when I went to Pappadeaux (2410 Richmond) that the midrise apartment construction next door was almost complete (they were working on a brick facade). I was wondering if anybody knew anything about this complex? Is it just apartments or will there be retail? It seems like a nice location, especially if the Richmond line is built as well as West Ave. It looked like a parking garage on the lower levels, with 5 stories of apartments on top, so it was actually fairly tall.

Edited by Jax

It isn't set back very far. It's hard to estimate but it seems closer to the road than the average building on Richmond.

As of Sunday, they had started working on the brick facade.

Edited by Jax

• The title was changed to Alexan Upper Kirby: Multifamily At 2300 Richmond Ave.