• Last Reply

^_^ I own a silver satin 129.99 ps2

and i am happy to say that sony beats most in many categories

nintendo is good too,though

I intended to get a wii a month ago but instead got the ps2 because

wii's are almost always out of stock

the plus side to the cheapskake choice i made is the games are

a HELL of a lot cheaper than ps3/wii/xbox360 games ^_^

I wish I had the game-playing gene. I simply have no desire to play video games.

I had the desire to play video games before I knew what they were. In 1972 I had a vision of an electronic game system for two people that would play games that involved secret knowledge like Battleship and Stratego. I remember day-dreaming about it often during 2nd grade.

I love the Wii. Mario Kart FTW.

Apparently so. I can play around on a game or two on the computer and be completely and utterly bored in like 3 minutes.

You should get the Wii if you ever want to take a chance on console gaming for the VC and the easy use of the system in general. Wii is suited for new gamers or those that appreciate the classics. PS3 and Xbox 360 would overwhelm you with the controls and the investment would be higher.

You should get the Wii if you ever want to take a chance on console gaming for the VC and the easy use of the system in general. Wii is suited for new gamers or those that appreciate the classics. PS3 and Xbox 360 would overwhelm you with the controls and the investment would be higher.

Yeah ... IF I were to get one I would definitely lean more to the Wii.

PS3 and Xbox seem so ... violent. Not the consoles themselves, but the games. I am an adult and certainly not a prude when it comes to that kinda thing, but I just don't get all the games with killing, plummaging, war, graphic violence and the like. It is too much like REALITY.

I'd want to escape ... not mimic real life.

I've owned an xbox 360 for a year...I've never had issues with anything. If microsoft stamps there name on it everyone hate it/has negative views on it. :) (not directed at OP) My xbox plays movies i have stored on my Windows Home Server anytime i want. Imagine scrolling through your list of movies and watching them. I found it funny when Sony issued the FW update with the bug it was pulled but no one made a big fart about it. I don't use blueray nor do i ever plan on using it. I loved my PS2 but love my xbox 360 more :)

Puma you are semi correct. I bought a 360 and got used to it immediately. I bought a wii and had to spend over 140 bucks getting additional hardware.(Classic controllers, for 2, Charging station, guns...Memory card etc) Till this day i can't get used to the finger pointing right :) But i only bought it to play the older games.

Nope. Don't need one either. PS3 browsers don't even have flash.

I think you missed the point of his question.

I don't know the answer to the 360 question, but I know the Wii has one. If I got the keyboard attachment, and was not a heavy computer user, I could probably just surf the web from my living room - which is what I think it was designed for. I think it also allows for easy viewing (and possibly storage) of digital pictures as well.

All I play is Mario Kart though, so I have no clue.

(For anyone that cares, I finally got a 1 star rank over my gold steering wheel when WFC racing. Talk about a pain to earn!)

Nope. Don't need one either. PS3 browsers don't even have flash.

Having access to YouTube is pretty cool. I wish PS3 could play videos from abc.com and other sites. Who knows maybe in a future update.

(For anyone that cares, I finally got a 1 star rank over my gold steering wheel when WFC racing. Talk about a pain to earn!)

I have neither gold steering wheel nor stars. I just love racing. Send me your friend code and I'll race you.

What kinda browsers are these? Are we talking Firefox or IE? Or some other MacFrankenstein type hodgepodge like those that used to be on those Internet TV devices?

The Wii browser is based on Opera.

What kinda browsers are these? Are we talking Firefox or IE? Or some other MacFrankenstein type hodgepodge like those that used to be on those Internet TV devices?

The Sony one is proprietary, but pretty robust with the type of coding it will display and updates are pretty frequent. Nintendo uses Opera.

This is no ugly Web TV looking internet.

No browser at all for the 360. Just the standard interface. Not a selling point for me, as I already have experienced the mess that is WebTV, but not a bad idea for MSFT to put one in down the road as long as its done right. But for now, no. Navigating around webpages with just a controller is insane. I use a real computer with a real keyboard and a real mouse when I need to surf.

Which reminds me...I had a mouse for my PS1 and it totally rocked when I had to play games like Command and Conquer. Why haven't those caught on as a peripheral? There are many RTS games out there that would benefit from this.

No browser at all for the 360. Just the standard interface. Not a selling point for me, as I already have experienced the mess that is WebTV, but not a bad idea for MSFT to put one in down the road as long as its done right. But for now, no. Navigating around webpages with just a controller is insane. I use a real computer with a real keyboard and a real mouse when I need to surf.

Which reminds me...I had a mouse for my PS1 and it totally rocked when I had to play games like Command and Conquer. Why haven't those caught on as a peripheral? There are many RTS games out there that would benefit from this.

Amen. As much as I like my iPod touch, for any serious browsing I use my laptop. I cannot even imagine using a video game (but this is coming from a person that doesn't use any game consoles period).

Navigating around webpages with just a controller is insane.

That depends on your controller. The Wii-mote makes it easy.

I expect a ton of entertainment system remote controls to copy the Wii-mote in the near future. It's the best way to navigate on-screen menus.

I have neither gold steering wheel nor stars. I just love racing. Send me your friend code and I'll race you.

When I get home from work I'll post it. We need to get a HAIF racing league going! lol..

I too used a Playstation mouse for C&C!

And yes, navigating the web with a controller is an arthritic pain in the arse. But I imagine getting a keyboard attachment would alleviate most issues. The only hang up I see with console based browsers are the inability to download files that would be easier viewed with 3rd party software, that we've become accustomed to on our computers.

• 3 weeks later...

Older news, that got lost in the non-storm news news.

M$ is finally pricing their bare bones console $80 lower to $199 on September 7th.

Cheaper than the Wii at $249.

Supposedly this will follow a new price scheme across the brand with the:

Arcade $279 â–º $199

Pro (60 GB)$349 â–º $299

Elite $449 â–º $399

but the latter two are just rumors.

Also, this could just be yet another clearance sale to finally rid the line of an HDD-less console.

Okay, commence with the whining about changing the topics. . . now. :lol:

Elite $449 â–º $399

Brand new Xbox 360 Elite systems, includes (2) bundled games and (2) faceplates. . . for $299 from Dell of all companies right now.

The website notes it as an instant saving of $150, so no rebates, and these are new, not refurbished.

Nice deal if anyone wants them, likely they are offloading their supply all together, as the price is well below normal, and well below the rumored $50 price cut. Should not last long for the price compare to normal retail.

Update: SOLD OUT

Apparently this was a pricing snafu. Dell is doing a deal where they take $150 off select computers through August 8th. This was incorrectly applied to the 360 Elite. This has since been corrected. Those that ordered it at $299 had there orders honored.

• 2 weeks later...

Press Release

uncharted-ps3-bundle.jpg

And no more PlayStation 2 backward compatibilty anymore, after the exisiting 80 GB MGS bundle sells out.

Also the $399 80 GB version is trickling in stores now.

So many versions, its easy to get confused.

Someone will probably update this diagram from last year.

venn_copy.jpg

Xbox 360 price drops confirmed.

9u19c2.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

E3 is around the corner (June 2-4 2009).

So new/revised/or reduced priced hardware is just around the corner.

Hold off on new purchases or make sure you retain a receipt for a 30 day return.

First one up is a slimmed down/ 120GB Playstation 3 photo making rounds, supposedly taken at the Chinese factory.

ps3slim051409.jpg

Logical price drop would be $299, down $100.

• 1 month later...
I am predicting a $100 price drop, as they have been gettin their arses handed to them by the competition.

Looks like it's rumored to have gone into production. Starts shipping in July.

Plus, it MAY bring the return of PlayStation 2 software based emulation again, that went missing back when the 40GB version was introduced in 2007.

Interesting how the poll is stacking up with PlayStation 3 neck and neck with the Wii, and the 360 trailing behind.

• 1 month later...

Archived