44 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you support/own?

• Microsoft - Xbox 360/Xbox
    • Sony - PlayStation 3/PlayStation 2/PlayStation Portable
    • Nintendo - Wii/Gamecube/DS

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still better looking than an Xbox. Those things have always been ugly to me. Too bad it's the only platform I've seen a Hello Kitty game on, so it's the only one the wife would allow in the house.

Then should might love to attach this Giz version of the Hello iPhone Kitty on her wallpaper.

504x_kitten.jpg

Also a $50/$100 price drop this weekend on the Pro/Elite models this weekend, and Target is throwing in an extra controll with the Pro.

So as it stands, Xbox 360 with be $199, $249, and $299, with the middle model being phased out.

xboxprice0825.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, with the lastest update here is where they stand price wise.

Original SKU Prices 2006:

Wii - $249

Xbox 360 - $299/$399/$479

PlayStation 3 - $499/$599

Current SKU Prices 2009:

Wii - $199

Xbox 360 - $199/$299/$399

PlayStation 3 - $299/$349

I still think the PlayStation is the best value (note that value is not the same thing as "cheap") because it includes a free Blu-Ray player. But the games I play most often are emulating this:

800px-Atari2600a.JPG

And when I use something not emulated, I'm using this:

Psp1.png

I wasn't in the market for a handheld game machine until I saw all the girls on the Tokyo subway playing Lumines and I was hooked. After all, if you can't trust Japanese schoolgirls, who can you trust?

Alpha_3_Sakura.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Interesting nuggets coming from the CES keynote last night. Project Natal for the Xbox will be release late next year, as previously suspected. The videos for this seem fascinating. Also another interesting addition is the 360 will be able to be used as a television set top box to receive U-Verse services from AT+T. I assume we'll see that during their annual Fall Xbox Live update.

• 3 months later...

I'm late to this party.

Currently, I'm playing the hell out of my ps3, I didn't plan on having one (well, not until gran turismo 5 comes out at least), and then my fiancee bought me one for my bday, and it has been the best gift ever so far. playing games in hd is brilliant, as is being able to pop in a bluray and watch a movie.

going through history though, I loved my atari 2600, and my NES when I was a kid, I loved my SNES when I was a young teen, and I loved my PS2 as a young adult.

I don't think of myself as an avid console gamer, but I always scraped the money from random jobs to get them when I was a kid (and rented games at Randalls), and looking at my living room tv, I have 3 consoles hooked up. I guess I should just face the reality, I am a console whore.

Looking forward to the new rock band offerings this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived