Uh Oh, this doesnt seem to be politically correct

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm, I don't know. Let's ask TheNiche. Hey, Niche, if I know TWICE as much as you, is it fair that I get paid more than you, or would it be racist to pay me based on my superior knowledge?

Excuse me for taking so long to respond. I wasn't really following this thread further than the first post and was just browsing through for the hot spots when I spotted my handle.

The question is kind of open-ended and depends on the context. If you know twice as much as me in a job that requires very little specific knowledge, then compensation would tend to be about equal. For instance, if we're both seeking employment as janitorial staff, then that you have a J.D. and I do not is completely irrelevant.

It really depends on the usefulness of the knowledge. With respect to bilingual abilities, I'd expect that some jobs would pay a significant premium while others would not. In my job, it doesn't matter one way or the other. But if I were a 911 operator...

So having the extra knowledge won't hurt, but it may or may not help. In either case, race has (or should have) nothing to do with it. I'm sure that there are exceptions, though.

In regards to Mister Moonman, I just read that statement, or "assault" on nmain, all I have to say is shame on you bro'. I thought you were better than that ? I have my differences with lots of people on this board, but I never wished anyone to outright DIE, because of their beliefs. Isn't one of the things you pledged when you served in the military was that you yourself would DIE defending nmain's beliefs ? Nmain, you are just as guilty by always provoking and calling him a "drunk", now I myself would much rather be a "drunk" rather than an "alcoholic", because "alcoholics" always have to go to those Damned meetings. You always call him names when he tries to express "his patriotism" and that may have been the last straw and you see the end result.

Moonman, I don't think he is chasing YOU around the board, get over yourself, everyone on here knows that he chases ME around the board. I really think you should apologize to him, it was what I feel almost totally out of character for you. Can't all us "drunks" and "queens" just get along ? It's the holidays for cryin' out loud.

No more verbal assaults until January 1st.

This sounds like a very bad LIFETIME film, contradictions with each new sentence :):):)

Truth is i would have never been so horrible to it if it had not been chasing me around thread after thread with personal attack after attack. Read any number of them and the truth will be told. Point was made in my response and theres no need to go further it appears. Im not in the habit of breaking bread with stalkers no matter who they are.

As i said before, for those that dont think english is the language of the land, fine. Lets begin speaking the tongues of all immigrants to this nation. If that happens you will see this country splinter and crack as never before! I believe the ones that are most out spoken in support of killing the belief of english is our national language, are themselves at a great disadvantage. The common language of english in this land is one of the binding forces that all call rally around, no matter what stupid political party you belong to or which race you claim! This whole thing is centered around the spanish language, but remember there are millions of other LEGAL immigrants that speak other languages than spanish. The LEGAL persons of any language other than english have to learn english as part of the process of becoming citizens. I myself dont know spanish and to my knowlege, my boys and wife dont know it either. The languages spoken in our home other than english, are not pushed on the American public and guess what? Those languages actually have something to do with world events, whether it is economic, social or military or others that have a major role in WORLD peace. We are not out pushing them on an American public that speaks english! Something to think about.....

Truth is i would have never been so horrible to it if it had not been chasing me around thread after thread with personal attack after attack. Read any number of them and the truth will be told. Point was made in my response and theres no need to go further it appears. Im not in the habit of breaking bread with stalkers no matter who they are.

As i said before, for those that dont think english is the language of the land, fine.

My reason for correcting you was to prevent the myth of english as the official language from being perpetuated. Instead of trying to defend your statement you choose to launch a vicious, personal attack that included a suggestion that I kill myself.

I don't chase or follow anyone around. I read and respond to all kinds of posts and posters. I don't expect an apoplogy-I don't think you have it in you. But if you think an occasional insult warrents the hateful attack you launched against me, you need a lesson in proportionality at the very least.

It's not like language was something that was unknown to the founding fathers, so if they were unconcerned with making english the official language than so am I, and more to the point the Supreme Court will probably feel the same way.

I'd like to clarify one thing on this thread, that is the interchangable use of racism and xenophobia being used here. They are not the same. While it may not be too much of a stretch to make a claim that most racists are probably xenophobes, the opposite is not true. While I am not opposed to an amnesty program or seriously upping the number of allowed immigrants from south of our border, I'm not going to label people against those views as racist, nor am I going to use the word xenophobic as a pejorative. Anyone who knows Europe and Europeans in general know that as liberal as most of them are, many of them are quite the xenophobe.

Archived