Borat sparks ANOTHER lawsuit!

DJ V Lawrence

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2006111...6324724000.html

Borat is the #1 movie in America for the 2nd week in a row. If U haven't seen it, you've got to. Definately a crack-me-up, and an eye-opener.

To those who have seen it, remember the scene with the college dudes in the RV dissing women and different races? Well, for speaking their minds on the movie, they are sueing Borat (Sasha Baron Cohen). How a group of college frat boys haven't heard of Borat prior to 2005 is beyond me; he's a character on HBO, an international star, and an American cult classic. But nonetheless, they claim that because they were drunk, they would have never have said what they said. But...they DID say what they said, and they said it because that's how they truly felt.

Should these guys just drop this lawsuit that they're meant to lose and stop creating more negative publicity on themselves?

(Kazahstan also tried to sue Borat, but the country lost. But at least their reason for the suit made more sense...)

In the movie, they were just anonymous drunk frat boys, known only by a small group of people, relatively speaking. Now, their names will be broadcast and their faces identified for everyone to know them. Unless, of course, this was their goal all along, to get their 15 minutes of "fame". Exit K-Fed, enter them...

Now Borat is getting sued by the Driving Instructor in the movie also. Apparently Sasha Cohen lied to everyone about this Mockumentary, and now he is catching free advertising for "greatest documentary filmaking for all Khasistan, much thank yous and kisses for wonderful monies for lovely film movings."

Now Borat is getting sued by the Driving Instructor in the movie also. Apparently Sasha Cohen lied to everyone about this Mockumentary, and now he is catching free advertising for "greatest documentary filmaking for all Khasistan, much thank yous and kisses for wonderful monies for lovely film movings."

Here's what get's me. No one FORCED them to say what they said in the movie (or the tv show). Borat, Ali G, and Bruno are characters who's intentions are to bring out the TRUE minds of the people around them. If you're not prejudice, you're not. But if you ARE prejudice, at least you (and America) will know it's the truth.

The man who plays Borat in real life is Jewish, by the way. Borat's character has always weeded out those who were prejudice against the Jewish community and those who were actually good-hearted. Any of y'all see the episode where he was singing "Throw the Jew Down the Well"? The crazy part was that people were actually SINGING ALONG to it! They would probably never have sung anything prejudice like that unless a character like Borat was able to get the prejudice out of them. Here's that clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGrmN3MsJPQ

And this is Bruno, the Gay Austrian Reporter, getting the TRUE minds out of people...in Alabama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSJTCc2akUQ

And this clip from England tv documents Sasha Baron Cohen before Ali G, and how he evolved into a success today (shvitzen!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5KXFL0SWWA...ted&search=

1 - I must be one of 5 people left who has very little idea what a Borat is. I finally asked the other day and got a description... as my friends know, I'm very lame when it comes to being up on entertainment.

2 - These frat boys are just making it worse for themselves.

3 - if this movie is getting laughs off of real people, and their real situations, but the movie people didn't get permission to make it public or compensate them, I would imagine they have a LOT of lawsuits on their hands. This movie is making lots of money. people in it will want some of that (as I think they have a certain right to, you'd pay actors right?). the movie people MUST have had them sign off on something! they couldn't have been that neglectful.

3 - if this movie is getting laughs off of real people, and their real situations, but the movie people didn't get permission to make it public or compensate them, I would imagine they have a LOT of lawsuits on their hands. This movie is making lots of money. people in it will want some of that (as I think they have a certain right to, you'd pay actors right?). the movie people MUST have had them sign off on something! they couldn't have been that neglectful.

They would have to have had signed a release form, or if they did not, they would have censored out their faces with a blur or something.

That's very true; a lot of people could sue on that basis if there were no sign-off. I won't ruin the movie, but the famous actress mentioned in the movie must have scripted that part with Borat, but the rest wasn't. Borat usually tends to exploit the lawsuits with new video dissing whoever's doing it. And he's yet to lose a suit, too :lol:

But why are the people who are saying what they said in the movie not taking any responsibility for what they said or did? That's how they REALLY would react if Borat were a real person. If I saw myself on that film being as racist or prejudice as some of those people were, I'd ask myself "did I really say that?" Yea, I'd be embarrassed as hell, but I wouldn't blame Borat for my own ignorance...

From what I've read, everyone who appeared on camera did sign a release, but because it was written in such gobbledy-gook legalese, no one really took the time to read through it first. Because they signed off on it, they're not likely to get a dime out of "Borat", who according to Time Magazine, has already signed another deal worth $42.5 million to play a gay Austrian fashion guru. Gotta love it!

Andy Rooney let Ali G aka Borat have it, after asking several stupid questions, Rooney had had enough, and ended the interview. Ali G aka Borat, was stunned by Andy because his usual method of stupid interviewing had backfired and Andy was just to smart for him, and saw through the whole scheme. Ali G even asks Rooney if it was "because I am Black ?" :lol: Rooney asks Ali G, "who's Black ?", and Ali G says, "I am." Rooney gives him a "Phbttttt :P!!! , Yeah right !" and walks off. It is hilarious.

Andy Rooney let Ali G aka Borat have it, after asking several stupid questions, Rooney had had enough, and ended the interview. Ali G aka Borat, was stunned by Andy because his usual method of stupid interviewing had backfired and Andy was just to smart for him, and saw through the whole scheme. Ali G even asks Rooney if it was "because I am Black ?" :lol: Rooney asks Ali G, "who's Black ?", and Ali G says, "I am." Rooney gives him a "Phbttttt :P!!! , Yeah right !" and walks off. It is hilarious.

aww, mr. rooney

and don't forget mr. buchanan:

everyone signed releases from what i read. i'm down with him duping the people in the States, but this is wrong if its completely true:

Romanian village sues

here's an article on the frat boys and others here that are upset:

yahoo article

the actress mentioned is actually credited, so that part was probably scripted. but i agree the rest of these people are making it worst for themselves. glad they are coming out, proves that it wasn't scripted. i would have kept my mouth shut and told everyone i was in on it if i said something as stupid as what they people did.

everyone signed releases from what i read. i'm down with him duping the people in the States, but this is wrong if its completely true:

Romanian village sues

I knew Cohen was banned from Kazakhstan, but wow, I really thought that whole village was full of paid actors. I never imagined that an entire village was duped into that scene. Is that genious, or malice?

There is yet another suit in the works. This one is a classless action lawsuit by sophomores from across the nation claiming Cohen stole their comedy style. Named as a co-defendant in the suit is Will Farrell, another actor claimed to have stolen the sophomoric humor style.

From what I've read, everyone who appeared on camera did sign a release, but because it was written in such gobbledy-gook legalese, no one really took the time to read through it first. Because they signed off on it, they're not likely to get a dime out of "Borat", who according to Time Magazine, has already signed another deal worth $42.5 million to play a gay Austrian fashion guru. Gotta love it!

Lightning rarely strikes twice, good luck to him.

Lightning rarely strikes twice, good luck to him.

Well, it's struck three times with all three characters :D Bruno's the only one to have yet made a movie, but I guess that's about to change. He's probably filmed everything for Bruno before Borat was released.

He's already made an Ali G film, but it was 100% Hollywood. It'd be cool if he made an Ali G film the way he made Borat, but everyone knows who Sasha is now in America because of the tv shows, movies, and the political figures he's already interviewed

His three characters have already interviewed some of the following:

Alan Keyes

Newt Gingrich

Donald Trump

Jenna Jamerson

Pat Buchanon

Sam Donaldson

Ralph Nader

Daryl Gates (former LAPD police chief)

Buzz Aldridge (former astronaut)

James Baker (former Secretary of State)

...among many others. I can't see how he would be able to do any new material in America after the Bruno film is released, yo.

• 4 months later...

The Borat character is hillarious! I like the way he gets the true feelings of people to come out.

Did anyone notice in the movie how everyone in NYC pretty much put up a very angry and hostile front while people in other parts of the nation just said that it is not appropriate to kiss them or talk about people in such a dirogatory way?

Even that old cowboy that ran the rodeo (the one that hates all Muslims and wants to execute all homosexuals in America) just told Borat in a nice tone of voice that as a man it was not right for him to kiss another man in the US.

The most funny part of the whole movie was the naked fight that end up in the elevator and then at the conference in the lower floor of the hotel.

Does anyone know if Pamela Anderson sued him or filed criminal charges for assualt?

The Pam Anderson thing looked staged to me casue a ton of people would have jumped him after he put that bag over her head.

Archived