Happy Veteran's Day!

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

To the veterans here that read this forum i would like to personally say thanks! We are very blessed here to live our lives in our great country with the day to day drama of things that would seem totally unimportant to countless millions around the world. That blessing is due large in part to you that have stood tall and protected our freedoms and our way of life, which has enabled us to relax and concentrate on things that are unimportant to others that are not American. THANK YOU!

To those of you that currently serve, i have a GREAT THANKS TO YOU!!!! You have volunteered to stand tall and to stand proud and defend our great nation filled with great people. Our country isnt perfect, but theres always room for positive change here and thats perfect for me!!! Many thanks to you future veterans and please keep up the GREAT work in keeping us safe and allowing us sleep easier at night through your service. I most appreciate you just as i appreciated those that were before you!!!!!!!!!

Yeah dude!! MAD rizpekt to those who served b4 I did, and those who are currently serving! Ironically, if I didn't serve in the Army, I would have never gone to Korea, become a dj, meet my future wife, GREAT lifelong friends, and seen that side of the world, so thanx America for making my dreams of love and spinning come true!

And SPECIAL thanx to HAIF for giving me a forum where I could see what was going on at home while I was across the globe. It really came essential during that Hurricane Katrina/Rita time period, since everything else seemed so chaotic. Also, thanx to ALL the posters here who expressed their opinions here for the past couple years, and the people who posted pictures online of Houston's new buildings. I first ran into this site after a google search on Houston's new buildings, and what's changed at home since I left in June 2001.

There's no place like H-Town, and I'll never take this city for granted :) 2500 cool-points to all HAIF members! Happy Veteran's Day, yo!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, { Houstonian in Iraq, DJ V Lawrence } ;)

No prob :D. Agree with DJ, would of never met my wife(had my son) and met all the great friends and had all the very unique experiences and even been away from home long enough to miss Houston to do a search to find all yall cool HAIFers. Never regretted joining the Army

Sorry for th late response. I was netless for a while in the UK(kept on getting an "error prohibited..."message when I did try to pull up the site)Trying to catch up on a months worth of forum stuff(missed y'all) In town for a couple of days enroute to AZ for some training

• The title was changed to Happy Veteran's Day!