Hakeem Buys Mansion Along Clear Lake

musicman

I Spoke last night at Our Pasadena City Council meeting about, Pasadena's lack of preservation ordinaces, and Council woman Dana Philibert also spoke of the need. As I stated since Pasadena has annexed this historic landmark into Our city the need to Preserve the West Mansion is Our Responsibility.Dana stated also that she had forwarded request of city officials that might deal with possible ordinances for preservation in Pasadena.I also spoke about my pet project saving the tall lady of Pasadena Our Skyscraper the 1st Pasadena State Bank Building. I want to protect what little architecture we have left, we are what we protect from our founding fathers and their families. Preserve the Past Protect the Future.

Hats off to you for placing the photo as your avatar. If I'm not mistaken it is a Frank Lloyd Wright building? It looks like his signature style. I knew a doctor that told me he had to vacate as it was to be demolished? What! More madness? That beautiful structure never seems to go out of style. I always wanted to walk inside out of plain curiosity especially if it is a F.L. Wright bldg.

1001EastSouthmore-001.jpg1001EastSouthmore-002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, everyone! I was surfing the internet for information on the James West Mansion and I found this site. I really want to save this beautiful building, and I'm happy to see that so many others feel the same way. Perhaps a group of us could work together as investors to buy the home.

If you have any ideas on how to save this mansion, please reply to me here or contact me privately at SavetheJWMansion at gmail dot com .

Don't count on this home being saved even if a developer claims to want to. Tilman Fertitta did the same thing when he bought the Sealy home in Galveston on Seawall and 53rd St. He used it for a short time as part of Landry's, kind of like a baquet room. He then said it was in the way, tore it down and proceeded to build that ugly "Rain Forest Cafe". What a trade-off.

His old childhood neighbors in the adjoining Westwood subdivision tried to fight him on this but money and influence always talks loudest.

On a semi-related interseting note: There is a framed picture of the Jim West "River Oaks" home in the BCM Medical Towers lobby floor. It shows several period cars form the 30's parked in front. neat stuff!

Hats off to you for placing the photo as your avatar. If I'm not mistaken it is a Frank Lloyd Wright building? It looks like his signature style. I knew a doctor that told me he had to vacate as it was to be demolished? What! More madness? That beautiful structure never seems to go out of style. I always wanted to walk inside out of plain curiosity especially if it is a F.L. Wright bldg.

it is a MacKie and Kamrath (FLW influenced)

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...?showtopic=2928

On a semi-related interseting note: There is a framed picture of the Jim West "River Oaks" home in the BCM Medical Towers lobby floor. It shows several period cars form the 30's parked in front. neat stuff!

I think that may be the photo linked to in post #8 on this thread. (The split threads on the same subject are my fault - sorry.)

Hi, everyone! I was surfing the internet for information on the James West Mansion and I found this site. I really want to save this beautiful building, and I'm happy to see that so many others feel the same way. Perhaps a group of us could work together as investors to buy the home.

If you have any ideas on how to save this mansion, please reply to me here or contact me privately at SavetheJWMansion at gmail dot com .

anyone know what it sold for?

hcad lists the appraised value a little over $3 million

anyone know what it sold for? hcad lists the appraised value a little over $3 million

Now that you mention it, I don't think any of the news reports I saw mentioned the price. In her original article, Nancy Sarnoff said that the market value is "much higher" than the appraised value.

• The title was changed to Hakeem Buys Mansion Along Clear Lake

Archived