YMCA Upper Kirby At 3015 Richmond Ave.

YMCA in the Upper Kirby?

I assume it won't turn seedy.

EVERYBODY DANCE!

"YOUNG MAN!...."

I think you'd be surprised at the Y's these days. I rate them higher than most gyms around town, especially Ballys. My wife and I are members at the 34th St. location and our only complaint is that it's a little too small, but it's Taj Mahal compared to the Ballys on N Shepherd.

• Like 1

so this will be on the south side of richmond on the west corner of wakeforest? what is there now - i can't recall (although it doesn't strike me as something too large). all i know is that levy park is a little bit behind it.

Edited by sevfiv
  • Like 1

I think you'd be surprised at the Y's these days. I rate them higher than most gyms around town, especially Ballys. My wife and I are members at the 34th St. location and our only complaint is that it's a little too small, but it's Taj Mahal compared to the Ballys on N Shepherd.

i'm a member at 24 hour fitness and i tend to like the size of the sports and super sports. some are better than others, but i realize that in clubs like these you often need the space to accomodate the throngs of people at certain times.

there are times when i go, there is no one and it feels like i am working out in a warehouse, but there are other times that there are hundreds of people and you need the space and machines.

guess it's a double-edged sword.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to YMCA Upper Kirby
  • The title was changed to YMCA Upper Kirby At 3015 Richmond Ave.