For the married folks here

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Wondering how many of the posters here are married or are in longterm committed relationships. Not sure but it seems that many here have a partner in life or are working towards a life partner relationship. My lovely wife and i have been married 25 years and counting. The lady deserves some sort of medal for putting up with my stubborn, bullheaded ass all these years :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Still single here, with no serious prospects on the horizon. But the eventual goal is a long-term, committed partner. They're just not always easy to find!

Congrats on the 25 years of marriage. In this day, that is a big accomplishment.

Congrats on the 25 years of marriage. In this day, that is a big accomplishment.

Thank you very much and im disappointed i cannot give you the same congradulations :( There is someone for everyone, keep your eyes open and when you find that someone, share with us!!!!!

Edited by Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Just celebrated our 5th anniversary.I heard that the 5th anniversary was "wood", so bought her our second house. :blink: She and I have been together for awhile, it'll be 10 years in February.

I hope you gave her some free "wood" as well, TJ! :o:lol:

My partner have been happy together for [mumble] years ^_^

I hope you gave her some free "wood" as well, TJ! :o:lol:

My partner have been happy together for [mumble] years ^_^

Dont be a jackass! Tell us! Its not everyday 2 people find the loves of thier lives!!!!!

Just celebrated our 5th anniversary.I heard that the 5th anniversary was "wood", so bought her our second house. :blink: She and I have been together for awhile, it'll be 10 years in February.

10 yrs together? You are an old married couple before you even said your vows :lol::lol::lol:

Dont be a jackass! Tell us! Its not everyday 2 people find the loves of thier lives!!!!!

10 yrs together? You are an old married couple before you even said your vows :lol::lol::lol:

Don't remind me Moonman. The beauty part is that we really were meant to find each other. I absolutely knew this woman would give me STRONG, beautiful, healthy children. I got my wish. I just forgot to throw in the "I'd like to have at least one boy" part. :lol: J/K I could care less, I got exactly want I wanted, actually a little more than I wanted, I just feel very blessed.

I am with Moonman though nmain, how many years, translate it to dog years if you want, and I'll do the math. :wacko::lol:

From the pics of one of your cars that you posted, you have some nice toys!!! I would never be allowed to have those kind of toys without a major fight with the wife :lol::lol:

My first was a stick in the mud Dallas socialite that like to hangout at the clubs I use play, then got all prim and proper in a few years, so I sent her back to mom and dad on Lawther drive in Big D. And then I lucked up and landed an exotic Lebanese sweetheart that loves old Chevy's and Bobby Blue Bland so I kept her. Seriously, her dad is a Chuck Berry freak, and I just hipped her to the blues, but she was a willing slave-girl cause Daddy raised her on real rock and roll. I spoiled her with the cars though. She drives an old 'Vette as a daily, in fair weather. I build hot rods as therapy, it's cheaper than a shrink.

She drives an old 'Vette as a daily, in fair weather. I build hot rods as therapy, it's cheaper than a shrink.

I am an absolute car fanatic!!! Ever since i was a little boy i have been facinated by automobiles. Too bad my wife isnt as good as yours, she would never let me have those sort of nice toys :(

Well you ought to come out to one of the car shows, I hang out with a group called Niftee50ees! They put on or organize shows almost every weekend in Houston. 10/28 is the Niftee50ees Monster Show at the Kroger on Spring Cypress and Champions Forest. Halloween is always a hoot, no pun intended. Just good clean fun, family stuff, kids everywhere, little ones and grown ones. And some of the finest Hot Rods Southeast Texas has to offer. I think the North Houston Krewzers is going to have one that day too up on Stubner Airline.

Keep an eye on http://niftee50ees.com/ they have a few more shows planned for the year. The summer is a real blast.

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

Well you ought to come out to one of the car shows, I hang out with a group called Niftee50ees! They put on or organize shows almost every weekend in Houston. 10/28 is the Niftee50ees Monster Show at the Kroger on Spring Cypress and Champions Forest. Halloween is always a hoot, no pun intended. Just good clean fun, family stuff, kids everywhere, little ones and grown ones. And some of the finest Hot Rods Southeast Texas has to offer. I think the North Houston Krewzers is going to have one that day too up on Stubner Airline.

Keep an eye on http://niftee50ees.com/ they have a few more shows planned for the year. The summer is a real blast.

Thanks, i will keep this in mind and it is even in my hood :lol::lol::lol: Will have to fire up the gas guzzler and check it out!

I build hot rods as therapy, it's cheaper than a shrink.

Truer words have not been spoken.

BAM ! The wife claims to absolutely hate riding in this car, I catch her diggin'the ride though. She'll be smilin', and I'll say "what?" , she throws out, "I see everyone givin' you the thumbs up when you drive by. You think you are sooooo cool in this car, don't you ?" I promptly tell her, "That's why you married me, isn't it?"

14744dsc00747.jpg

sev, is gonna hammer me on this.

Edited by TJones

Truer words have not been spoken.

BAM ! The wife claims to absolutely hate riding in this car, I catch her diggin'the ride though. She'll be smilin', and I'll say "what?" , she throws out, "I see everyone givin' you the thumbs up when you drive by. You think you are sooooo cool in this car, don't you ?" I promptly tell her, "That's why you married me, isn't it?"

14744dsc00747.jpg

That car of yours is a timeless classic. It will never get old! True American Muscle and i love it!!!

I sure have and i love it!!!!! i am most jealous! If i owned that car i would surely be banished to the couch :lol::lol::lol:

Well, I may just be banished to the couch here soon, I am about to dump some more moolah into the Cutty. 455 bored.30 over, new 400 hydro-turbo, the works, and some new rubber all around to handle the pavement. Should be done right before Xmas, then Mark and I are gonna talk about havin' some fun. :lol:

Well, I may just be banished to the couch here soon, I am about to dump some more moolah into the Cutty. 455 bored.30 over, new 400 hydro-turbo, the works, and some new rubber all around to handle the pavement. Should be done right before Xmas, then Mark and I are gonna talk about havin' some fun. :lol:

Im jealous again!!! You both have nice toys! Im still trying to get this lovely woman im married to from Africa to understand American boys and thier toys :lol::lol::lol: She doesnt understand that these types of toys are good therapy for the American male soul!! :lol::lol:

The latest project '35 chevy

9980165385449.jpg

Long way to go. I am streching and boxing the frame couse I bought a monster to make this thing roll,

9990216320319.jpg

1,650 cubic inch Curtiss Conqueror V12 out of a 1935 Duesenberg SJP Speedster. I have had two people say it'll never fly, so that means I have to make it go. It weighs only 174 pounds more than a 502 but has almost twice the torque. I have one old guy out in Calif. that is foaming at the mouth for this power plant but I beat him to it and that's the way it goes. I found a guy that was trying to put it in a damn tractor pulling truck and couldn't ever make it work. NO PARTS. Everything is hand made. I've got four pieces programmed in the CNC now I am cutting out. That's why all the lag time I keep running back and forth between the CNC and the laptop.

This piece of iron should tote the mail with close to 2000 hp 1750 to be exact and 2175 ft/lbs of TQ. I want to see those Off-Road Outlaw boys from Conroe with those chipped up Powerstrokes deal with this baby! Quadzilla This!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mark F. Barnes

The latest project '35 chevy

9980165385449.jpg

Long way to go. I am streching and boxing the frame couse I bought a monster to make this thing roll,

9990216320319.jpg

1,650 cubic inch Curtiss Conqueror V12 out of a 1935 Duesenberg SJP Speedster. I have had two people say it'll never fly, so that means I have to make it go. It weighs only 174 pounds more than a 502 but has almost twice the torque. I have one old guy out in Calif. that is foaming at the mouth for this power plant but I beat him to it and that's the way it goes. I found a guy that was trying to put it in a damn tractor pulling truck and couldn't ever make it work. NO PARTS. Everything is hand made. I've got four pieces programmed in the CNC now I am cutting out. That's why all the lag time I keep running back and forth between the CNC and the laptop.

This piece of iron should tote the mail with close to 2000 hp 1750 to be exact and 2175 ft/lbs of TQ. I want to see those Off-Road Outlaw boys from Conroe with those chipped up Powerstrokes deal with this baby! Quadzilla This!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap! What's with that motor? It looks alot like the Rolls Royce that flew my grandpa's P51, which if i remember correctly, was about the same size and horsepower.

That freakin thing is scary.