For the married folks here

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

Sorry folks I have severely hi jacked this thread, we need to start a gearhead thread.

Yes, we could start a gear head thread, but I'm enjoying living my old days out through you and TJ. In fact, You guy's have got me seriously thinking on starting a search for my coveted 53 Buick. I had one in almost mint condition 5 years ago, and like an idiot, I sold it. :wacko:

Hey you know your stuff. The Curtiss was actually a knockoff of the Rolls. It was originally built for the XP-934. However the Duesenberg Brothers modified all sorts of stuff to run at Bonnieville. According to Eddie Cord, who is a certified Duesenberg nut, he told me this motor could be one of those. There are no serial numbers for that era to be proof positive but I got it for $9500 and I have already been offered 25 large and have turned it down. I want some real torque.

Hey you know your stuff. The Curtiss was actually a knockoff of the Rolls. It was originally built for the XP-934. However the Duesenberg Brothers modified all sorts of stuff to run at Bonnieville. According to Eddie Cord, who is a certified Duesenberg nut, he told me this motor could be one of those. There are no serial numbers for that era to be proof positive but I got it for $9500 and I have already been offered 25 large and have turned it down. I want some real torque.

I thought it looked familiar.

Yes, we could start a gear head thread, but I'm enjoying living my old days out through you and TJ. In fact, You guy's have got me seriously thinking on starting a search for my coveted 53 Buick. I had one in almost mint condition 5 years ago, and like an idiot, I sold it. :wacko:

That's funney. My brother likes to refer to my hobby as 1960's B.C. (Before Children) his wife has no passion. What kinda 53 buick you need Gary? Roadmaster? Let me know if you get serious, I have a network of GM nuts nationwide. All it takes is money and wanto.

Here's something else to make you slobber on yourself. My office wall decor

PICT0001.jpg

You now you always get a skeptic, wants to slip around in the shadows and troll

Well troll here you go

10-23-06_1545.jpg

And yes it is a Fender John Cruz Custom Shop SRV Replica and yes I know they only made a 100 of them this one is #078, want a pic of that too? AndI know what they cost because I paid for this one so sit on this and spin.

Had to use my cell to take the picture because the wife has the digital and I didn't want to wait to tell you to FO.

Mark, this is the picture I wanted to take when I saw you had that SRV guitar ! That is friggin' sweet pal.

4h23x9d.jpg:P:lol::lol::lol:

I think you will have to put some more ladders on that frame to keep it from twisting itself apart.

Edited by TJones

You now you always get a skeptic, wants to slip around in the shadows and troll

Well troll here you go

10-23-06_1545.jpg

And yes it is a Fender John Cruz Custom Shop SRV Replica and yes I know they only made a 100 of them this one is #078, want a pic of that too? AndI know what they cost because I paid for this one so sit on this and spin.

Had to use my cell to take the picture because the wife has the digital and I didn't want to wait to tell you to FO.

Man that thing looks authentic, and of all people I know in the music business (famous and not so famous), not one of them has that guitar.

Back when I first started doing shows in Houston and Louisiana (81 or 82), I had a friend tell me about this wicked guitar player from Austin. At the time I thought, "yeah, another blues guy,once you've heard one you've heard em all". A couple of days later he mentioned that he bought two tickets, and one was for me, he said he'd make a believer out of me. Anyway we went to the show (believe it was at Fitzgeralds) and by the third song I was a different man. Stevie stood on his guitar, choked his guitar, slammed his guitar and of course played the blues like nobody ever had or ever will. I also remember that it was the first time I had ever seen anyone playing rhythm and lead at the same time. Oh, and the dude played with telephone cables for strings and bent them like they we're nines. He was amazing.

And the moral to my story is.... It was the same guitar as you have pictured. I'm not sure where they have the old Strat, but I think it should be laying in the Smithsonian.

What's your home address again? :P

Edited by Gary

Yeah I had to pull in a marker at Charlie's in Dallas to get on the VIP list to get one.

How you like my Bow-tie Front Radius springs I made, figured you'd catch that. Oh by the time I get through bracing this baby it will hold a top fueler. I have a ton of stuff to do yet I have some before and afters of stuff I've already done. This is actually a 31 frame from a 5 door and I am stretching a coupe for it. I'm more worried about rear differential than anything. This baby is going to twist off hard.

I need to start a new thread before I get the gong show hook.

Gary,

Number One is at Jimmie's house on Lake Travis. But I agree it is worthy of the Smithsonian. I played with a cat for a while, Randy Rodriguez, that is a vocalist that could do a Stevie cover better than anyone I ever heard. It was freaking me out. I eventually hooked him up with Casey James Group who had been doing Stevie covers less the vocals for several years and they now go by VOODOO BLUE.

VooDoo Blue Webite

VBjamminsmall.jpg

That is Randy in the far left (stage right) and that's Casey James doing his thing. These guys are as close to Stevie's sound as there is. Listen to their covers they are great.

It was only a matter of time before this thread turned from wives to cars :lol: ROTFL!!

Sorry Parrothead. Its all the fault of Mark F Barnes!!!! Hes like that bad kid on the block that leads all other kids astray. I have such a weakness for cars :D:D:D

On the wife thing, my wife is wonderful and i love her very much. She has given me 2 beautiful boys and has put up with and adapted to my career moves. She put her career on hold because of my military time. We moved a total of 6 times with the military and she never complained once. She again delayed her career to stay home with our boys when they were born and never once complained. She played a VERY active role in the lives of our boys when they were younger and put her personal things aside for them and me and never once complained. I can go on and on with examples but i think you get the point ;) I have been most fortunate to find someone to be with me and put up with me all these years--even though she wont let me have toys like Mark has :( I hope others here have the same great fortune with thier mate. :D:D

And this is the look you get when she doesn't want me to chase her with the camera phone! This is the if you do it you will be sleeping in the shop tonight look! Good thing I have a lot to do out there!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, shes tough. She sends you to the shop. When i get banished its just to the couch in the bedroom :lol::lol:

You better behave brother, its getting cold out :lol::lol::lol:

Climate controlled, XM radio and Direct TV on a 36" LCD with Bose 321 surround, please Briar Bear don't throw me in dat Briar patch!

Whats your address? I need to get banished to there!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That Bose system must have set you back a bit, yes? The only thing missing from that room is a mini fridge!!!

Whats your address? I need to get banished to there!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That Bose system must have set you back a bit, yes? The only thing missing from that room is a mini fridge!!!

No got a full size whirlpool side by side with ice in the door......can't have a shop without cold beverages!

The 321 is not that bad. It was the original I had in the house before I upgraded to the Lifestyles 48. I think the 321 was about eight hundred. Now the 48 set me back almost 4 grand though, but it goes so well with the HD Theater. They know me by first name at "Tweeter's" toy store. My son calls it "Tweaker's"!

This is the I'm sorry look!

ashamed-puppy.jpg

Got this in an email thought it was cute....pretty damn pitiful he is.......

No got a full size whirlpool side by side with ice in the door......can't have a shop without cold beverages!

The 321 is not that bad. It was the original I had in the house before I upgraded to the Lifestyles 48. I think the 321 was about eight hundred. Now the 48 set me back almost 4 grand though, but it goes so well with the HD Theater. They know me by first name at "Tweeter's" toy store. My son calls it "Tweaker's"!

This is the I'm sorry look!

ashamed-puppy.jpg

Got this in an email thought it was cute....pretty damn pitiful he is.......

I love it! The HD theater is most nice!!!!!!! Does your son share your passion for cars? The typical car loving American male like the rest of us ;);)

Holy crap! What's with that motor? It looks alot like the Rolls Royce that flew my grandpa's P51, which if i remember correctly, was about the same size and horsepower.

That freakin thing is scary.

Wow. Help me understand though -- in aircraft configuration, why on earth would it need that much torque? I had no idea the P51s had that kind of horsepower. That's cool. That thing looks like a monster.

Somewhat back on topic -- Gary, what are your musical influences? I'm assuming you play original stuff, right?

Wow. Help me understand though -- in aircraft configuration, why on earth would it need that much torque? I had no idea the P51s had that kind of horsepower. That's cool. That thing looks like a monster.

Somewhat back on topic -- Gary, what are your musical influences? I'm assuming you play original stuff, right?

Careful Dal...Parrothead is watching. Shes probably on the phone with all of our wives now complaining about all this car talk. Shes going to get us banished to the couch :lol::lol::lol::lol: