Ours Inside and Out

My humans have been working on this place forever! Can't a cat get some sleep in her own house???

Jane.jpg

Front with 4 YO paint job. [NEVER paint your house yellow if you live on a busy street :( ]

House003.jpg

Back with 2 YO addition

PA130004.jpg

Original bath with original re-finished claw-foot. I set every piece of tile! :)

House002.jpg

orgbath.jpg

Our new kitchen!

Kitchen.jpg

Lil2.jpg

Our new bathroom!

House005.jpg

House004.jpg

Thanks for looking...gotta go!

Lil1.jpg

I came in for a bite and reminded my human to show you a couple of other things.

House008.jpg

My human's new closet. Why do humans need so many clothes? Especially the gay ones???

closet.jpg

This is original. I had to dismantle it, strip it add new hardware and a few pieces of glass.

House010.jpg

Our new back fence on Crack Alley

House012.jpg

Our next project???

House011.jpg

One more of the kitchen

House014.jpg

georgeous!!!! are you in the Heights? why don't you like the yellow?

what is that glass thingy in the bathroom at the corner of the tub?

Thanks wendy. WEe are in Sunset Heights. The yellow shows up all the N. Main pollution. The glass apothocary is from when Kaplans went out of buisness. I think I paid 2 bucks for it.

So, what is ol' Garfield weighn' in at ? 22lbs. 25lbs. ? I love the house. Nice bungalow.

Thanks TJ...and JANE is a shaply 18lbs thank you very much! :P

Thanks TJ...and JANE is a shaply 18lbs thank you very much! :P

18 lbs,she is DAINTY ! :lol: I am gonna post pics of my "Mousers" for ya later. Would you mind me postin' some pics of our new digs on here ? We've done quite alot so far. Wait, i forgot i have a thread started already.

That kitchen rocks, NMG. Care to share the dimensions? I'm starting to get some ideas. :P

The whole room is about 17.5' x 13.5'. The original kitchen was about 6' x 13.5' but there was nothing in it except a sink hanging off the wall. We took the wall out about where the vent hood is now and just kind of turned it into one big eating kitchen.

kitchen1.jpg

We did all the demo and construction ourselves [even hung that MOTHER of a vent hood!] but hired out the cabinets and floor.

18 lbs,she is DAINTY ! :lol: I am gonna post pics of my "Mousers" for ya later. Would you mind me postin' some pics of our new digs on here ? We've done quite alot so far. Wait, i forgot i have a thread started already.

Absolutly post! I'd love to see your new place. Don't forget the puss.!

B)

That's some nice tile work in the bathroom did you do it your self?

Thanks. I did the tile in the original bath but I hired out the new shower-that is a boat-load of tile!

NewShower.jpg

Gotta say, I'm very impressed. You have great artistic sensibilities.

Nmain, the place is a work of art. I really like the exterior color scheme and the addition looks perfect. The original bath is also great. Very inspiring.

Those roof shingles are quite old. Amazing they've lasted so long.

Nmain, the place is a work of art. I really like the exterior color scheme and the addition looks perfect. The original bath is also great. Very inspiring.

Those roof shingles are quite old. Amazing they've lasted so long.

Thanks. The shingles on the original are slate-when they ripped off some in the back you could tell it was the original roof. We had to settle for asphalt for the addition but I wanted the color to match as close as possible. I finally found a guy on Hempstead that had almost the same color so I lucked out.

Very nice. I think this is what most people envision when they look to doing a remodel in Sunset Heights, but few are able to realize it so successfully.

Nice work.

Thanks! :)

NMG-

Your house is an absolute gem; I envy your sense of color & style! Is this your first house? BTW, what is the object that's been circled in the photo below?

Thanks. It's not my first but I think it may be my favorite. The object is one of my sculptures:

House001-1.jpg

House004-1.jpg

Nmain, where did you get the clapboards for the addition? I've tried to find them locally but can't. My house has clapboard underneath cedar shingles which I believe were put on circa 1910-1920 as the claps only have one coat of white paint on them.

I am considering returning the house to its original appearance, but I also think the reason that they covered them in the first place was due to there being no sheathing behind the siding and the cold would probably infiltrate the interior through the shiplap and wallpaper. The big difference between that and modern homes is the layer of tarpaper or building wrap, which my house is lacking. I suppose I could insulate the walls and cure that effect.

Nmain, where did you get the clapboards for the addition? I've tried to find them locally but can't. My house has clapboard underneath cedar shingles which I believe were put on circa 1910-1920 as the claps only have one coat of white paint on them.

I am considering returning the house to its original appearance, but I also think the reason that they covered them in the first place was due to there being no sheathing behind the siding and the cold would probably infiltrate the interior through the shiplap and wallpaper. The big difference between that and modern homes is the layer of tarpaper or building wrap, which my house is lacking. I suppose I could insulate the walls and cure that effect.

Believe it or not-Home Depot. It is not exactly the same teardrop but I designed the addition so none of the new walls would end butt the existing.

great redo! I particularly like the disco ball in the bathroom. does the package include colored lights and lasers? :D

Thanks. You were sort of my inspiration to post because your bath reminded me of mine. BTW, my partner seriously asked if he could put a red light in one of the overhead cans. I told him only if he could get Donna Summer to perform in the shower or if I were to drop dead. :P

great job all around. Especially like the bathroom tile job. Creative, subtle, and nicely-executed. Sort of art-deco-meets-Miami-Vice.

Thanks. Miami-Vice, huh? That's a new one. ^_^

Archived