Ours Inside and Out

Thanks. You were sort of my inspiration to post because your bath reminded me of mine. BTW, my partner seriously asked if he could put a red light in one of the overhead cans. I told him only if he could get Donna Summer to perform in the shower or if I were to drop dead. :P

Someone is working hard for the money otherwise it would be the last dance. ok i'll just stop there! :lol:

NMG-

Your house is an absolute gem; I envy your sense of color & style! Is this your first house? BTW, what is the object that's been circled in the photo below?

House011.jpg

pineda, I think the red circle may be one of many which a local artist painted on walls all around town - is that correct, NMG? This project was done about 10 years ago, I think.

(Great house, btw!)

edit: silly me! I didn't notice that the sculpture had been circled...thought it might be part of the piece. :blush:

Regardless, am I right about the red circle, NMG?

danax:

I've been able to find the old, rolled siding at grogan's on yale that matches my old siding exactly...great for patch jobs..

Thanks. I've never been there and will definitely check it out.

Speaking of clapboard siding, I'm thinking nmain's house is early 20s since the brick veneer style took off around that time, although perhaps Sunset Heights and BrookeSmith continued with the clapboards due to their being more working class than their nearby neighbors being built at the same time like Norhill and Woodland Heights.

pineda, I think the red circle may be one of many which a local artist painted on walls all around town - is that correct, NMG? This project was done about 10 years ago, I think.

(Great house, btw!)

edit: silly me! I didn't notice that the sculpture had been circled...thought it might be part of the piece. :blush:

Regardless, am I right about the red circle, NMG?

The scultpture is by me.

The red dot is by the "reddot boys", two of my best friends. They gave it to us as a house warming present. There is one on the back of the Magnolia Building and one on the side of Corazon at Waugh and Fairview.http://www.rickcarpenterstudios.com/reddot.html explains the concept.

Speaking of clapboard siding, I'm thinking nmain's house is early 20s since the brick veneer style took off around that time, although perhaps Sunset Heights and BrookeSmith continued with the clapboards due to their being more working class than their nearby neighbors being built at the same time like Norhill and Woodland Heights.

Built in 1920 according to tax records.

Archived