Mexican Anchor Babies

poco dago

Wow. If only your hypocrisy applied to Native Americans. Or do they just not count?

Jeebus=known trouble maker. nmainguy=known rabble rouser.

Forgive my freedom of free speech in my form of typing, you spoke of my ethnic heritage. My grandmother on my fathers'

side of our family was full blood American Indian, my Mothers' side was Scotish & German. My father decided to leave my

mother with five children to raise by herself so he could start another family with his hispanic mistress back in 1958. Due to

my father running away from his responsibilities I was not allowed to imbrace my grandmothers' heritage. Therefore I must

imbrace the heritage of PROUD TEXAN & PROUD AMERICAN.

My great x? Grandfather on my Mom's side arrived from Switzerland in the early 18th century before the US was established as a soverign nation. Since then her side of the family has been so affected by other ethnicities and races that I might need to be called a Caucasian/Swiss/Italian/British/French/Cajun/Negro American. On the other hand, My Daddy's father jumped ship in Boston from Ireland with his little brother in the early era of the 20th century. After serving in WWI in defense of the U.S. as an illegal alien he returned home and married my French Canadian Mohawk Grandma.

BTW, I have to renew my passport. Should I list myself as a CSIBFCNICM American or just a Heinz 57 kind of guy?

My point here is that so many of us are indeed Heinz 57's. But we are first and formost citizens of the United States. Not America. Not Canada. Not France. Not Mexico. Not Texas. (though I've aways been pumped being a Texan B) )

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was raised by a loving mother that indured so much hardship to raise 5 children without any government aid. Our family was all we had back then, to see so many folks that just stand in line for everything to be handed out to them rather than, like my mother got one,two or at times three jobs to raise her children. Anger comes to mind surely, but 5 children never wanted for anything, because Mom gave us healthy doses of love, respect and gentle words of scriptured Faith. In your everyday observations do you see children showing their parents the respect they should, and better yet do you get shown the repect your parents taught you to always show others. racism racism racism that word gets used alot, why not RESPECT of our differences, after all we all were made in Gods image, he just had a more diversified selection of colors in his box of crayons to design us with.

I"m hispanic and agree with you PT. when i was younger, it was embarassing to be caught getting free lunch. my parents made sure that i either took myr lunch or had money to buy one. these days children EXPECT free lunch. for me it would be a matter of pride to provide for my family.

unforunately, the school districts make big bucks off programs like this and there really is no policing to determine whether someone is actually needy. therefore, the programs will only grow.

Jeebus=known trouble maker. nmainguy=known rabble rouser.

My great x? Grandfather on my Mom's side arrived from Switzerland in the early 18th century before the US was established as a soverign nation. Since then her side of the family has been so affected by other ethnicities and races that I might need to be called a Caucasian/Swiss/Italian/British/French/Cajun/Negro American. On the other hand, My Daddy's father jumped ship in Boston from Ireland with his little brother in the early era of the 20th century. After serving in WWI in defense of the U.S. as an illegal alien he returned home and married my French Canadian Mohawk Grandma.

BTW, I have to renew my passport. Should I list myself as a CSIBFCNICM American or just a Heinz 57 kind of guy?

My point here is that so many of us are indeed Heinz 57's. But we are first and formost citizens of the United States. Not America. Not Canada. Not France. Not Mexico. Not Texas. (though I've aways been pumped being a Texan B) )

Excellent point, main point not mentioned is that our imigrant ancesters felt it a matter of pride to learn the Main language of the United States while still retaining the roots of our heritage language. You know I have seen my hometown change drasticly in the past 10 years, and I am slow to change with it.

The silent army, was loud and clear last year with the marches on city halls all across America. History repeats it's self once more, civil rights right in our faces. gradule change I can adapt to, at my pace. I get angry with just about anybody who forces something to be, but if given time to get comfortable with it I am ok with change. I guess what i am saying is things are just changing to fast for me and I express my feelings incorrectly, my rants are spuratic poor judgement, due to an overload of emotions. Did I mention that I am old and cranky?

I hear back then, in the Pennsylvania area, German immigrants were particularly despised and, guess what, like every other ethnic group they too have become contributors to this country.

Classic. :lol:

Do you know of any ALL-German ONLY speaking towns or villages in Pennsylvania? No, because they assimilated into the fabric of what is the United States.

Mexicans don't seem to be doing that. They seem to be holding their ground that they don't have to change. That they don't have to adapt to the United States, but that the U.S. will adapt to them - and it seems that we are.

That's why so many American's are mad, myself included. I don't care that illegal immigrants (in Houston's case, primarily Mexicans) are here. All I care is that they try to assimilate and contribute on all fronts equally. This starts with citizenship, and learning the language primarily spoken by the nation they are choosing to come to - and not protesting this calling it, of all things, racism.

The reason I brought up the Native Americans before is because we are nearing a crossroad as a nation, that they were at once upon a time when European immigrants started arriving. The Native Americans tried to embrace the pilgrims but the pilgrims did nothing to adapt to the N.A.'s way of life. Eventually the Native Americans lost out, and eventually became an endangered nationality as they currently are today. I think we as English speaking U.S. citizens of all colors and former nationalities are fearful of the same thing happening to us - and with the same eventual result.

I think we, as U.S. citizens, are so fearful because we already see it happening everytime the government gives in a little more with Spanish only driver's licences tests, or employers merchant businesses that we must frequent (Wal-Mart as an example) start hiring Spanish only speaking employees. These are potential signs of things to come. Where one day, you might have to move to another region in the U.S. just to get service in English. Kind of live how the Native Americans had to keep heading west to find free land to graze on - until they were eventually fenced in.

I wonder if Houston has a hospital here such as Dallas[ Parkland Memorial] that gives free birthing and many newborn extras to illegals, no questions asked like " Are you a citizen"? This is such a joke---shame,shame,shame. American's should be so lucky to have all the priviledges that all these "wetbacks" have, that roachly sneak across our borders in the night. I wish "RAID" could come up with some good deterant. It kind of reminds me of the movie "aliens" where they lay their pods and then hatch out to dominate the population. Being a descendant of "LEGAL" immigrants from Italy and of all the others that came over back them days, it makes me furious to see all the blatant disregard of my countrys laws. I don't see any benefit from having all those Mexicans here regardless of what they profess. The same goes for Medicare,Medicaid. and drivers license without being an AMERICAN CITIZEN. I'm sorry to say,that I have really become a racist and bigot from all of the infractions imposed on our American people.

but what happened to Poco Dago?

this is the part that really gets me:

It kind of reminds me of the movie "aliens" where they lay their pods and then hatch out to dominate the population. :lol:

Archived