Prince's Hamburgers Drive-In Restaurant No. 10 At 4509 South Main St.

roym

In case anyone is interested...

I spotted what are supposedly the tin greeters that came from Prince's Drive-In on South Main at a local antique shop. There was one male carhop sign and one female carhop sign approximately 6' tall.

They are at The Antique Gallery, 21127 Spring Town Drive. This is off of 2920 just west of 45. They are in a booth on the left side of the store along the back wall.

The asking price was $5,000 for the pair.

Unfortunately, I did not have my digital camera with me! :(

I spotted what are supposedly the tin greeters that came from Prince's Drive-In on South Main at a local antique shop. There was one male carhop sign and one female carhop sign approximately 6' tall.

They are at The Antique Gallery, 21127 Spring Town Drive. This is off of 2920 just west of 45. They are in a booth on the left side of the store along the back wall.

really neat i'm sure, but OUCH on the price!

I remember my Mom & Dad used to drop off there after work sometimes and pick up some burgers to go! Something about that sauce on the hamburgers that made them taste soooooooo goooooood!!!!

Then when we moved to Sharpstown we started going to the one on Hillcroft. The burgers tasted great (of course), but the atmosphere was not the same. No drive-in for one thing. No cool neon lights. No skating waitresses.

I'd love to see pics of those signs.

I remember my Mom & Dad used to drop off there after work sometimes and pick up some burgers to go! Something about that sauce on the hamburgers that made them taste soooooooo goooooood!!!!

Then when we moved to Sharpstown we started going to the one on Hillcroft. The burgers tasted great (of course), but the atmosphere was not the same. No drive-in for one thing. No cool neon lights. No skating waitresses.

I'd love to see pics of those signs.

I will try to get some pics. If someone else lives around there and could get some pics, that would be awesome! (that's why I posted the address) :D

• 11 months later...

Vertigo58, did you that Antique Gallery to see those Prince's signs that this person is talking about?

Vertigo58, did you that Antique Gallery to see those Prince's signs that this person is talking about?

What in tarnation?

Not sure what ya mean Haus. Like I mentioned in another thread, when they were tearing down the Prince's at Cullen & 45 I stopped ran over to the debris and grabbed one of those electronic plastic menus that you would order from. This was around 1989? Hamburgers price were like $1.25 each still. It's the only souvenir we have besides an actual food tray like the ones the carhops would attach to your car door. Not sure how we ended up with it? :blush: I would have killed to remove the billboards advertising the delicious munchies they were famous for. I imagine developers hurry up demolishing so that no one can enter the premises and sue if injured. Makes sense I guess. Where's my banana split!

Oh yes! I just remembered this particular Prince's sported a HUGE hamburger directly above the entrance. That is what I would have taken home and put on my roof. Sesame seeds and all.

Mods you could merge this with other Prince's topic!

• The title was changed to Prince's Hamburgers Drive-In Restaurant No. 10 At 4509 South Main St.

Archived