Governor Kinky Friedman

musicman

:huh: I have to decide: Kinky or Chris. I like the both of them. I think Kinky's "laid back" way of doing things would probably be best. On the other hand, Chris Bell's Democratic values are huge. I gotta lot of thinkin' to do to vote this year. But grandma is off my list and the incumbent is, well, a very &^(&^&^( for a governor.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez. it's a pity we can't do a poll to see where we stand and when our votes "change" as far as opinions go.

I'm on the fence with bell and Kinky. They both have good points, and perhaps kinky's style might be enough to shame everyone else into shame in doing things for the right reason.

To even insinuate Kinky is racist is absurd. If you knew him you would know that. It seems to me someone was getting scared Kinky was catching up in the polls and pulled something from years ago and presented it in a convoluted manner.

Kinky is Kinky and says what he thinks and feels. He speaks for himself.

IMO if Kinky made it to the state house it would not be politics as usual. I do not think his allegiance would be to the campaign contributors (see tpj.org) but to the people, the citizens of this state.

Let's not forget what our present Gov. called someone a little while back when he thought the mikes were off. Nothing else needs to be said.

To even insinuate Kinky is racist is absurd. If you knew him you would know that. It seems to me someone was getting scared Kinky was catching up in the polls and pulled something from years ago and presented it in a convoluted manner.

Kinky is Kinky and says what he thinks and feels. He speaks for himself.

IMO if Kinky made it to the state house it would not be politics as usual. I do not think his allegiance would be to the campaign contributors (see tpj.org) but to the people, the citizens of this state.

Let's not forget what our present Gov. called someone a little while back when he thought the mikes were off. Nothing else needs to be said.

I agree he's no racist. He actually participated in civil rights movements in Austin when restarants were still segregated. He may do and say things that people don't like, but he's not a racist.

I'm not surprised he's the only one who has put his foot in his mouth. You actually have to talk to people to make mistakes.

If I hear Grandma tell me she's gonna shake Austin up one more time, I will scream. She's had plenty of time to shake it up and instead focused on changing political parties so she could move up the line.

He said that child molesters should be locked in a room with a negro talking to him self. then he said that the word negro was a charming word.

This is a perfectly okay thing to say. He's saying what he really feels, and not holding back. It's not politically correct, but so what? People need to relax. I also feel the word "negro" is charming, however it is also condescending, which is why I don't ever use this word, unless I'm writing a history paper about the Civil War or something.

Trae, Kinky isn't racist. You are a bright kid, and I know if you read more about him, you'd find out that the things he says are un-PC, not racist. I'm not sure how you could draw that conclusion from his comments. He is just stereotyping, and he's making these comments to show the world that he's not just some politician who is full of b.s. He'd probably make a great governor and actually do something noticeable, but unfortunately many ignorant Texans are still stuck in the Democrat/Republican machine.

This is a perfectly okay thing to say. He's saying what he really feels, and not holding back. It's not politically correct, but so what? People need to relax. I also feel the word "negro" is charming, however it is also condescending, which is why I don't ever use this word, unless I'm writing a history paper about the Civil War or something.

Trae, Kinky isn't racist. You are a bright kid, and I know if you read more about him, you'd find out that the things he says are un-PC, not racist. I'm not sure how you could draw that conclusion from his comments. He is just stereotyping, and he's making these comments to show the world that he's not just some politician who is full of b.s. He'd probably make a great governor and actually do something noticeable, but unfortunately many ignorant Texans are still stuck in the Democrat/Republican machine.

And then again, many bright Texans don't want to be represented by a bumbling buffoon of a clown in a black cowboy hat and cigar or a serial divorcee "grandma". But that's just me... ;)

And then again, many bright Texans don't want to be represented by a bumbling buffoon of a clown in a black cowboy hat and cigar or a serial divorcee "grandma". But that's just me... ;)

That's how I feel about Perry, except he's got better hair.

Archived