METRORail Purple Line

Houstonian in Iraq

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the videos.  I'm a little confused the East Line Downtown goes westbound on Capitol and Purple Line goes eastbound on Rusk?  So from Downtown if you want to take the East Line you take the Purple Line and transfer at the BBVA Stadium?  The bad thing is cars will share the track that is not good! 

They'll both use the same track downtown, I imagine it will be noted at the station whether it's purple or green train that is coming to the station. kind of like when a bus stop shares with other buses. the signage says the bus numbers that will stop there, and the bus number is prominent on the bus. In places where they have sophisticated systems announcing the rail, they will have LED boards that show the next N number of trains to arrive at that station/stop, which line they belong to, and approximately how long before they arrive. As soon as a train comes/goes that one bumps off the list and the list gets updated.

It looks like it will be a white stripe downtown, not even armadillos like in other places - which makes sense, what with turning traffic, parking garage entrances/exits, etc.  

Other cities manage it without massive carnage; shoot, once upon a time, so did we...

mandell1.jpg

But people drive nutty in Houston these days. Like they own the road and everyone else is in their way.

It's not a 'these days' kind of thing, people have been driving like they own the roads in Houston since the city was founded over 200 years ago.

To be fair though, I mean, technically we all own the road, so why not drive like you own it?

• 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to METRORail Purple Line

Archived