Steve Irwin Dead

Trae

Ironic that he does dangerous acts all the time with dangerous animals, but he died by an animal that isn't known for it's aggressive behavior.

Watching him do his work was like watching living art. I wasn't really much of an animal watching dude 'til I first saw Crocodile Hunter. My goal after college is to do a job that I have as much a passion for as much as Irwin did with his.

It's amazing that he's only the 3rd person in Australia this year to have died from a stingray. I hope his environmental legacy lives on, and more's done to help the endangered species that he displayed to us.

It was always a coin toss for me. I couldn't figure out if Steve Irwin was the craziest man on the planet, or the bravest man. He was a joy to watch, and I know he entertained many children and adults alike with his zest for life. Never saw him without a smile, and I don't think his shows were "scripted" that way.

One wonderful thing he leaves behind is a legacy for his children to be forever proud of, Mr. Irwin has been at the forefront of Conservationism for Australia, and the foremost expert of Crocodiles the world over. He did alot of good with his life, and it is just so ironic, that he would meet his demise by what has been said to be a very docile creature, when he willing goes into harm's way everyday to entertain while trying to teach people something. Everyone who knows of Steve's antics I'm sure has thought at one time or another, "I wonder when I am gonna read about Steve Irwin getting eaten by a Croc, or losing an arm to a Croc ?" Steve has proved everyone wrong, just goes to show, when the Big Guy upstairs is ready for ya. It's time to go. God Bless Steve, God Bless ! -_-

Edited by TJones

It was always a coin toss for me. I couldn't figure out if Steve Irwin was the craziest man on the planet, or the bravest man. He was a joy to watch, and I know he entertained many children and adults alike with his zest for life. Never saw him without a smile, and I don't think his shows were "scripted" that way.

One wonderful thing he leaves behind is a legacy for his children to be forever proud of, Mr. Irwin has been at the forefront of Conservationism for Australia, and the foremost expert of Crocodiles the world over. He did alot of good with his life, and it is just so ironic, that he would meet his demise by what has been said to be a very docile creature, when he willing goes into harm's way everyday to entertain while trying to teach people something. Everyone who knows of Steve's antics I'm sure has thought at one time or another, "I wonder when I am gonna read about Steve Irwin getting eaten by a Croc, or losing an arm to a Croc ?" Steve has proved everyone wrong, just goes to show, when the Big Guy upstairs is ready for ya. It's time to go. God Bless Steve, God Bless ! -_-

His smiles was not scripted :D and his manager John Stainon said he pulled out the barb out of his chest before losing consciousness. -_-

Edited by Marty

I heard it on the news at 5AM yesterday and could not believe what I was hearing! I thought for sure he'd go via crocodile at some point, but not a stingray hiding in the sand!

Sad for his wife and kids, no doubt. Raises questions about risks and family, doesn't it?

Hmmmmm............interesting, maybe the same will happen to you for naming yourself "Pumapayam ?" A big cat and a potatoe ?

There is a potatoe called payam?

I never knew.

But you have to admit, I know he loves his work, but to find out your dad named you after the family dog and his favorite croc, that is just nutso!

What ever happened to naming kids after grandma and grandpa and stuff.

And Puma refers to my love of the shoes, not the animal.

Being named after a SHOE, oh, well that makes it much better ! <_<:lol:

Now TJones, you do understand there is a difference between a "login name" and a name you go by in the real world. <_<

For example, I am sure all the HAIF members that wanted to be called Peter, Michael, and Mary would love to have that name, but are they going to have that available, not likely. <_<

And even then, most people like to use a login name as an opportunity to be unique, similar to RedScare, or KatyDidIt, or BayouCityGirl. -_- Me I like Puma clothing. If someone wants to be called MustangGuy, because he like Fords, so be it.

Don't be ignorant. :huh:

Bindi Sue is a dumb name, I doubt you'd ever name your little own girl (if you have one or plan on one) that too. I'd rather be named after a famous person, a close relative, or a religious figure, than a crocodile from a local zoo!

I hope she changes it to just Sue when she knows better.

On another note, people in general need to leave wildlife alone, going back to Sigfred and Roy. It is just one thing after another. And now Wikipedia is all crazy in the Stingray Article

Edited by Pumapayam

Puma, as far as people who perfrom with WILD animals are concerned, if you play with fire, you are eventually gonna get burned. Simple as that.

Not to split hairs over names, but I am sure Bindi Sue had deep meaning to Steve. I am sure Bindi means something in "aboriginal slang". Sue, his dog, was a very very special dog,like a child to him and was killed by a snake or poachers on Steve's land I can't remember which. The dog was almost as famous as Steve in Australia.

I think Puma clothing actually sucks, sucked in the 80's, sucks now. It's like wearing Pony brand shoes, it's just not MY style, but I wouldn't bag on ya because YOU like to wear it. Now, go ahead and bag on Gweneth, for naming her kids weird names while your at it and leave a deadman alone.

Edited by TJones

Crocodile Hunter came on yesterday, and I could barely watch it. I have been watching this guy since I was 10 (my dad along side with me). Feels like Mickey Mouse just died :(.

And something else that is disturbing, his whole death was caught on tape because the cameras were rolling.

Edited by Trae

CROCODILE HUNTER DEATH TO BE BROADCAST?

LATEST: The footage of late Australian naturalist STEVE IRWIN being killed by a stingray could be shown on TV. Charismatic Irwin, dubbed the Crocodile Hunter after his internationally acclaimed TV show, died yesterday (04SEP06) while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Irwin was filming for a new documentary when he lost his life, and his cameraman shot the moment when the stingray's barbed tail stabbed the legendary conservationist through the heart. The tapes are currently being held by Queensland police - but Irwin's family are determined to respect his last wishes and allow the harrowing footage to be broadcast. Irwin once insisted, "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. "Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me." An insider tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "This is exactly what Steve would have wanted. He knew the dangers and was totally up for the cameras to get everything."

Source

Wow!

I guess Animal Planet may break into the Top of the Neilsons with that show.

I am shocked.

I clearly would have thought it would have made its rounds on the internet before television.

Maybe it will be pay-per-view. :lol:

you really are quite sick. you know this was a person right? someone's father, husband, friend. yes, he was a celebrity and larger than life and more than a little crazy (which is why he was a celebrity).

it may have been his wish, but i have no desire to watch a snuff film.

its so sad!

you really are quite sick. you know this was a person right? someone's father, husband, friend. yes, he was a celebrity and larger than life and more than a little crazy (which is why he was a celebrity).

it may have been his wish, but i have no desire to watch a snuff film.

its so sad!

Oh Wendy, you know I am mortified about his death too, (not being sarcastic), but you have to admit, he has the most unforgettable death.

And the only reason he has gotten the attention he has is because he is a celebrity, the way he died, and the fact that he died so young.

Anyways, I also heard on CNN Headline News that the video will now be cremated with the body and NO ONE will ever get to see it anymore.

One would think someone of his intellegence would not let something like this happen.

oh well.

Aren't you aware that his cause of death has been deemed a freak accident? Stingray rarely attack humans, and if they do, it's from when a human accidentally steps on one in shallow water, and as a result, the barb would strike the foot or ankle.

Irwin was struck by the wrong stingray at the wrong part of the body. The fact that he lived to be 44 years old while getting so close to so many wild, untamed animals shows that he knew how to respect them. Maybe God just decided that this was his time