New meteorologist at KTRK

lolita66

Casey%20Curry.jpg

Casey Curry, who joined WDAF-TV4 as the noon host and fill-in meteorologist about a year ago, has already departed the station for Houston ABC affiliate KTRK. She came to Fox 4 from Denver and spent her high school days in Leavenworth, KS.

She is a graduate of the University of Colorado and earned her certificate of broadcast meteorology from Mississippi State University. She will take credentials as a member of the National Weather Association and the American Meteorological Society to Houston.

Doug Brown was on this moring. You just have to get up with us early birds to see him.

Ch 13 has the best morning news, hands-down.

Most mornings I watch Ch 13 news. I always get a good laugh from Don Nelson.

I check ABC13's website, and they only have Tim Heller, Ed Brandon, Doug Brown, and David Tillman listed for weather.

Since when do we need 6 weather men, I think 3 is fine

1 for weekday mornings and lunch

1 for weekday afternoon and evenings

1 for weekends

That's it, where else do they have room for them, does it make sense to have them for one show only? :mellow:

Most mornings I watch Ch 13 news. I always get a good laugh from Don Nelson.

I check ABC13's website, and they only have Tim Heller, Ed Brandon, Doug Brown, and David Tillman listed for weather.

Travis Herzog weekend mornings.....and then the new girl mentioned here who i've not seen on-air yet.

I always get a good laugh from Don Nelson.

This morning he had a live interview with Leslie Nielsen! Could you ever imagine Ch 2 doing something fun?

Ch 11 thinks they are fun with the nappy baldhead Jonathan Walton.

And Ch 26 creeps me out with Jan Jeffcoat making fake face. The other are OK, but Jan needs to ease-up on the freak facial expression. You can only feign you like you partner so much.

THIS_AM2.jpgcustom.gb.podcast.jpg

What is it with people who are supposed to be outrageous or funny with the stupid pointing finger profile photos. :huh:

Both Jonathan Walton of KHOU and Glenn Beck of CNN HLN pose like that, they just look dumb, what the hell are you pointing at, are you pointing at me? <_< , becauase I am laughing right back at you for having a stupid picture on a national website. :lol:

And do you ever notices Jonathan Walton is all about Jonathan Walton.

Just watch him. You could play a drinking game everytime he says "me", "I" and "Jonathan Walton".

What a tool.

Yeah, he was a disappointment. So much energy. Such potential. So very dreadfully unfocused.

He used to live in those lofts right by the Sabine Street bridge, but moved out to Katy about a year later. The dude could have walked to work, but instead chooses to drive 45 minutes every morning to work because he was all freaked out about living in the big city. Dumb.

And do you ever notices Jonathan Walton is all about Jonathan Walton.

Just watch him. You could play a drinking game everytime he says "me", "I" and "Jonathan Walton".

What a tool.

I could not have described him better "myself". He is definately an A-class Douchebag. :blink:

Travis Herzog weekend mornings.....and then the new girl mentioned here who i've not seen on-air yet.

I couldn't remember Travis' name, and he wasn't listed on the website. Thanks!

This morning he had a live interview with Leslie Nielsen! Could you ever imagine Ch 2 doing something fun?

And Ch 26 creeps me out with Jan Jeffcoat making fake face. The other are OK, but Jan needs to ease-up on the freak facial expression. You can only feign you like you partner so much.

I saw part of the Leslie Nielsen interview -- no, I could never imagine that on channel 2.

Jonathon Walton is ok the first couple of times you see him, but that's enough for me.

I rarely watch Channel 26 in the morning, no real reason except that I just forget about them having morning news.

I'm a creature of habit -- I've watched Channel 13 in the morning for probably 15 years. Starts my day off wrong if I watch something else, LOL.

she looks pretty hot....we need more hot weatherladies!!! just like the spanish channels

Are you sure you're not my husband? LOL - he likes some of them on the Weather Channel. I don't think I'll tell him about the new one on ch 13!

maybe i am :ph34r: ....i actually prefer the ones on Spanish television

Oh yeah!

I was doing some channel flipping when I saw one of their weatherwomen and what she was wearing. My jaw dropped.

And that isn't to be taken lightly.

I used to think that about Jonathon Walton but he has definitely grown on me. I love the way he makes people cringe...it's hilarious! I think he is probably pointing at the camera to make fun of the Glenn Becks out there...

As for the new crop of meterologists (and anchorpeople in general), I think it's like Logan's Run, they hit 40 and the light in the palm of their hand turns red. That's when the station managers take them out back, and we never see them again... except for occassional charity benefits...

Is David Tillman Spencer Tillman's brother?

Guest Sebastian De La Ghetto

1. Casey Currey is ok, she looks a little homely.

2. I like channel 11, Deborah and Ron make me laugh

3. the new traffic girl on channel 2 in the mornings is an IDIOT, but a cute one, has anyone else seen her?

I used to think that about Jonathon Walton but he has definitely grown on me. I love the way he makes people cringe...it's hilarious! I think he is probably pointing at the camera to make fun of the Glenn Becks out there...

As for the new crop of meterologists (and anchorpeople in general), I think it's like Logan's Run, they hit 40 and the light in the palm of their hand turns red. That's when the station managers take them out back, and we never see them again... except for occassional charity benefits...

Is David Tillman Spencer Tillman's brother?

Is David Tillman Spencer Tillman's brother? No relation. David Tillman grew up in St. Louis and went to Jackson State University. He won a regional Emmy Award in Memphis for his coverage of a bad snowstorm there one winter. Spencer Tillman grew up in Tulsa, and went to the University of Oklahoma, where he was one of the best running backs that team ever had.

I could not have described him better "myself". He is definately an A-class Douchebag. :blink:

There's an Al Pacino line, "I don't know who you know, whose cousin you are, whose %^&* you're suckin'",,,,but what is up with a NEWS station keeping this tactless clown. I mean it's like the guy IS playing a joke on us and poking at us,,,,,because if he has half a wit he must know that he's tactless. This is the best gig he'll EVER have.

Nothing personal,,,i just catch his segments and think what poor harmless souls who get approached by a major Houston News Station, and then they gotta talk to this clown.

does not apply any longer, but i remember a few years ago the inside joke, as i never knew if people could tell, but EVRY weatherman in this town was gay.

It still applies, but it's far from universal. My gosh there are half a dozen TV stations with weather staffs for every day-part, morning, midday and night, and that's a lot of weather people. I believe Dan Meador of KHOU is the only one who is openly gay. There are at least several others who aren't as open about it as Meador. But the vast majority are straight -- I think -- but how would we know? Just one is public with it, but who knows how many are still in the closet?

Meador outed himself ten years ago at a gay and lesbian journalists conference in March of 1996, where he served on one of the panels. Here's what the Chronicle had to say about that.

Gay journalists discuss issues at area meeting

By T.J. MILLING

Staff

For a homosexual journalist, the old adage ""never assume anything" takes on added meaning.

Former Houston Post columnist Juan Palomo thought everyone knew his sexual preference. When he tried to ""come out" in a column, he found out he was wrong. When a Houston Press article came out about how his editors cut his sexual revelation out of his column, he found himself out of a job.

""I assumed . . . that everybody knew I was gay," Palomo said Saturday at the Fourth Annual Statewide Meeting of the National Gay and Lesbian Journalists Association. ""We can't assume everybody knows."

Palomo, who is now the religion reporter for the Austin American Statesman, joined a panel of journalists at the University of Houston Hilton to discuss the problems of coming out to sources, colleagues and the community. Dan Meador, a weathercaster for Channel 11, discussed the difficulties of being a gay on-air personality.

""Yes, I go out to bars," he said. ""Yes, I dance with men. Yes,

I sleep with men, but I don't take that to work with me. . . . I'm not going to say a cold front's coming in, and by the way, Steve and Marlene, I'm gay. . . . By the same token, I don't feel compelled to march in the Gay Pride Parade with a Channel 11 T-shirt on."

The workplace is a little less awkward for panelists Kay Longcope of the Texas Triangle and Eric Roland of Outsmart, both gay publications. Longcope said she was surprised by the mainstream heterosexual support she received recently when a Christian organization was campaigning to shut the Triangle down.

""People really are on our side more than we know," she said. ""Sometimes it takes a situation like this to show (it)."

That's how the Chronicle reported it. The next day, the local grapevine had it that Meador's boss at KHOU told him he just didn't enjoy picking up the morning paper and reading that one of his male employees sleeps with men. He said there are some things he just doesn't want to know about his employees, and that story covered just about all of them.

Meador says he was afraid he would lose his job, but he didn't. In fact everybody at the TV station was supportive, and he was never demoted or punished in any way I ever heard about.

And, just for the record, Meador has never been the numero uno weather-guy at KHOU -- the Chief Meteorologist. He's always done weekends and weekday fill-in.

Doug Brown was on this moring. You just have to get up with us early birds to see him.

Ch 13 has the best morning news, hands-down.

Agreed. It's one of the few teams where the banter and jokes don't seemed forced. Tom Koch is the best. There aren't many who can report serious news with the tone it requires and then joke with their co-horts naturally. He's the master.

Thank God about Byron Miranda. I could not stand him!

Dan Meador, OMG, I remember seeing him at JR's one Halloween night and he was wearing a Trekkie outfit. Reminded me of the William Shatner SNL skit... "My God people.......GET A LIFE!!!" :lol:

Bryon Miranda is apparently gone as of this week.

On another note, I thought a weather guy at channel 13 was pretty open about his homosexuality.

I thought it was assumed all weatherman are gay unless they say otherwise or have a haircut like Neil Frank.

Archived