Neighborhood Crime

mrfootball

Maybe stiffer punishments for crimes of moral repugnance. For example, since these girls, and the doofuses (sp?) from last week went on shopping sprees with their looted money, that would show that their crimes we repugnant in nature. For losers like that, I'd vote to make it legal to chop off a hand, or maybe a public branding. Once you've chopped off a few hands, or branded a few peoples faces, the rest of the morons out there might not be so inclined to commit stupid acts of violence. As for second time offenders, shoot them.

So, if these youngsters had perhaps invested the proceeds in a nice no-load mutual fund to help finance their college expenses, you and Autuer would have felt better about it? Do you have the same moral repugnance for hate crimes?

Mr. football...3 words...WTF?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, if these youngsters had perhaps invested the proceeds in a nice no-load mutual fund to help finance their college expenses, you and Autuer would have felt better about it?
No, because they still assaulted the man. If the goal was to rob him, then just rob him. Why beat him up as well? That's just depraved. The only justification of the seven teenagers beating him up is maybe if he had first provoked them with racial slurs. Even then, that's a paper thin justification for an unjustifiable act.
Do you have the same moral repugnance for hate crimes?
Yes. I have no tolerence for any crime of hate, no matter what the basis of the hate is or who the hate is directed towards. I feel the same about hate & violent crime.
Mr. football...3 words...WTF?
I agree. Mr. Football, you need to expound your statement. Did you mean infer that we need more gun control laws, or simply a law making everyone own a hand-gun? If it's the latter, then wouldn't that mean that two of the seven teenagers in the Sugar Land robbery would have by law been required to own a firearm? If so, don't you think they would have used said guns in the robbery, possibly leading to the death of the homeowner?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

All true,

In those teenagers eyes they see it as the Robin Hood syndrome, taking from the rich and giving to the poor (themselves). An eye for an eye. Oh beautiful SW Houston. blink.gif not.

They're defiantly not poor i know them personally im from the same area and im not this "thug" this "lowlife" im in the United States Navy serving my country doing somthing with my self. so before you judge maybe you should get your information together first. Maybe if you came to Alief you would see that not everypart is "ghetto" or "hood". Every place you go has its good and bad parts.

Archived