Best Breakfast Tacos

There was (is?) a truck behind the vendor tables in back of Canino's at the Farmer's Market on Airline that made some pretty good egg, bacon and potato breakfast tacos.

Is the place on 34th Los Nopalitos?

Edited by Heights2Bastrop

Agree with the Villa Arcos tacos. The tortillas TOTALLY make the tacos. Best breakfast tacos I've ever eaten in Houston.

...and I love my Whataburger, but not their taquitos. Those are just a bad idea. Gotta go with the BOB (Breakfast on a Bun)...or in my poorer days, the Egg Sandwich (when I couldn't afford the extra 20 cents for the bacon :( )

Although it's long gone, the best breakfast tacos ever, on the entire planet, where those at the Ponderosa Cafe in Alpine. Until it closed down, I never made a trip through the Big Bend area without stopping at the Ponderosa before I left. I once had breakfast next to Harry Dean Stanton there...I was surprised he was up before noon! Nowadays, Alicia's Burrito Place makes a pretty damn good substitute.

There is a place on W 34th St. near Mangum. It has been there for ages and I can never remember the name. We call it "the taco place". Best breakfast tacos anywhere...even better than mine.

Now that I'm at home and have my trusty phone book:

Fiesta Taco 713-686-6927

Taqueria Alacran. Across from the Hazmat fire station on Harrisburg, close to the Navigation/Broadway split. Home made - on the spot - CORN tortillas (a rareity). I drive from Clear Lake all the way there on weekend mornings...just for those there breakfast tacos.

a taco place in chinatown...forgot what it is called...they are made while you watch........oh yeah, but nothing compares to my mom's tacos! :)

Yea, alamo tacos right where canal starts. They make em like laredo, with beans on the tortilla if you want. For me its a tie between them and Laredo.

i like the GIANT breakfast tacos at pappas on i45N. you can get 'em with combinations including smokey sausage, slightly sweet beans, real cheese, potatoes, and crispy thick bacon. yummy.

some locations even have meal deals for about $3.50 for 2 tacos and a drink.

Honorable mention for me :)

I love Naomi's on Park Place near 45. And also Taqueria Del Sol on the Park Place/Broadway circle.

Yip. Del Sol Rocks. They also have an awesome "caldo de rez"

There is a local "chain" called cherry top, there is one on edgebrook, but the one I like is on College/Airport just 5 minutes away. They even have "carne guisada" in the morning. Beans on the tacos if you want, and of course, barbacoa.

Taqueria La Jaliesiense on Edgebrook has a pretty good breakfast plate for $1.99...including the beans, eggs with whatever you want, and 2 home-made flour tortillas...not bad for 2 bucks. They also have "migas", a tex-mex tradition. Just down the road is the infomous Arandas, and theyre breakfast is pretty good too. I think it too is about 2 bucks. Heck, you spend more money in gas just getting there.

Edited by 2112