I Think I'm In Love

Hyden's Seafood Conroe

This fantastic seafood restaurant is located just up I-45 North, exit Hwy. 105, and it's a little ways up the road to your right. Hyden's is clean and tastefully decorated, and their hostess/wait staff treats you like family. We choose to dine in the area just past the bar where Lonnie Lett was singing C&W music and playing his guitar. He has a wonderful voice and I don't think he took a break the whole time we were there. Even though he was in the room with us, his speakers were turned up so loud that you couldn't carry on a normal conversation. The dress code is casual and everyone there seemed like neighbors. We had the BEST seafood I've had in a long time and I would highly recommend this place if you're in the Spring/Tomball/Magnolia/Woodlands/Conroe area. We ordered a dozen oysters on the half shell and these were the biggest I've seen in a long time. We also ordered two of the specials, a cold appetizer platter and a warm one. The iec-cold shrimp were huge, at least 18 ct., and the king crab claws also. My personal favorite was the ceviche made with cilantro, diced tomatoes, jalapenos and lots of lump crabmeat. Everything tasted extremely fresh, including the garlic and french bread. All in all, a great time was had by all, and I can't wait to go back again. BTW, I thought the prices were very reasonable considering the high quality. I hope you all get the chance to visit Hyden's soon! ENJOY! :D

• 2 months later...

Went to Hyden's again this past week. We all shared calamari, raw oysters and boiled shrimp and a very surprising rendition of one of my personal favorites: ceviche. This was probably my favorite way to ever have ceviche prepared. Usually it's in a tomato base, usually a bit on the tart side, which is okay, but I always thought the tomato base overwhelmed the dish. This way the tomatos are left in sections, along with big sections of avocado, sliced red onions and jalapenos and lots of big prawns and lump crab meat. It was busier than I remembered last time, which I was glad to see. This place is a real gem; I just wish it wasn't so far out in Conroe. I'd probably go there every week then! :D

hyden_logo2.jpg

Eat there once a week, 5 minutes from my house. Hydens moved the new location on Hwy 105 after the restaurant at Sadust Rayford was sold 2 years ago. It is not the same food !!!!! It's a lot better!!!!!Go to the new location in Conroe. It has a beatiful party room, lovely patio with live music Friday & Saturdays.

Here's a link to their Menu MENU LINK

hydens2.jpg

The desserts are to die for. The Death by Chocolate is the real deal.

The Best hands down and they have NO affiliation with Landry's whatsoever. The service is great. Great wine selection. JUST GO.

• The title was changed to I Think I'm In Love

Archived