what is there to do in this town?

jmancuso

ok, so i spend most of my life stuck in my apartment becuase 1) i am not into the bar/ club scene and 2) i dont go to church; so is there hope of having a life my not doing these two things? i have recently finished grad school so i have all this time again and need to do something with it.

where's a good place to meet people?

ok, so i spend most of my life stuck in my apartment becuase 1) i am not into the bar/ club scene and 2) i dont go to church; so is there hope of having a life my not doing these two things? i have recently finished grad school so i have all this time again and need to do something with it.

GET OUT OF YOUR APARTMENT.

The answer is as clear as the photo on your post. Galveston. Take a bicycle to explore the east end and cruise the seawall.

go to the gym...

go to the park...

do you like sports? you will meet sports people if you want to.

go to the museum...

go to galveston...

do you already have friends or do you need to make friends?

ride a bike...

ride the train...

what kind of answers are you looking for?

if you don't like clubs and bars, you could try restaurants, coffee shops, stores...

perhaps you could join some 'group' (toastmasters?) or you could volunteer in something you like...

you will have to go where people are... this is houston. people are everywhere.

good luck.

Edited by TAK

I have gone through this. most of my friends enjoy going to bars and nightclub which I don't like.

Anyhow. there are two more suggestion

1- playing pool

2- Kemah is a perfect place to go over the weekend.

If you want a little adventure, from Kemah head south on 146 to Bacliff and San Leon. In Bacliff you will find Noah's Ark and Clifton By The Sea. Very good, mom & pop restaurants on the water.

Gilhooley's is in San Leon. Not on the water but an interesting place. Go here for oysters and boudin and ask about other places to go.

You will find several ice house type bars. Many are on the water.

Continuing south on 146 will bring you to the Galveston causeway bridge.

Let me know if you need guides. There's three of us who know the area a little too well.

I had a friend who joined a group of singles that do outdoor activities. She really enjoyed it. It wasn't a singles group, more of a group for people who are single. She met a lot of people and had a lot of fun (until her job moved her). I think she still keeps in touch with many of them. You can google something like "outdoor houston single" and find it, I'm sure!

My husband and I met a lot of fun, different people at SSQQ, the dance studio. We took a bunch of random dance classes. It was great and we met a ton of people!