The Houstonian Hotel & Condominiums At 111 N. Post Oak Ln.

SpaceCity

They're going insane with these highrise condos. They'll flood the market with them, and in a few years, when occupancy is like, 50%, they'll lower the prices. I plan on taking full advantage.

I heard the one at Sage and 59, that was built 6 or 7 years ago, charges a $1200 monthly maintainence fee. That's another house payment.. and their occupancy is at around 60% right now (I wonder why?).

A flooded high-rise condo market may result in lower asking prices for such condos, but I don't think a flooded market translates into lower monthly maintainence fees. The latter is usually tied to square footage amounts, not to sales prices. So even if you get a high-rise condo on the cheap, the maintainence fee will likely still be commensurate with the view.

I thought that 500.00 was to much for fees for places like the Manhattan and the Metropolis condos. 1200. is tottaly out of the question. :o:o

Couple of things: First, I totally agree on maintenance fees. These places that are designed and marketed to be "full" service condominiums are pushing maintenance fees through the roof. A developer can use services as marketing tools and, should they prove to be more expensive than advertised, the HOA is stuck picking up the additional cost.

Having said that, buildings like Manhattan and Metropolis are both limited service buildings. This keeps costs down. It all boils down to preference, but most buyers would prefer more limited service and lower fees in IMO.

Second, I believe that Redstone's decision (with all due respect) to shelve the project was anything but "simple". They have invested millions into the project which are now gone without hope of being recouped. Pursuing a condo deal is very costly. A decision to abandon (read: Orion) means that someone or group has taken a serious hit. If Redstone wanted to sell the property, they could've.

Something more is at work here. I have heard (and it is unconfirmed) that the partners are in potential litigation which has tied up the land and prevented a sale. That is choice real estate and a buyer would have been easy to find. Especially when the alternative is writing off millions.

• 4 years later...

http://www.chron.com...n/6724217.html#

The Chronicle put together a group to assess the course at the Houstonian Golf & Country Club, site of this week's LPGA Tour Championship, and the review scores were off the charts.

Even with a wide range of spectacular area courses that would be excellent hosts for tournament golf, the LPGA could not have landed in a better spot than the Houstonian.

A Rees Jones-designed course that is difficult without being tricky, the Houstonian will play at about 6,700 yards this week. The wide-open design makes it an almost ideal venue course for viewing tournament play. The way the ropes are set up, the gallery will be in virtual high-five range of the players.

LPGA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP

When: Thursday through Sunday.

Where: The Houstonian Golf & Country Club, Richmond.

• The title was changed to The Houstonian Hotel, Condos, and Future Expansion
  • 8 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Houstonian Hotel, Condos, And Future Expansion
  • The title was changed to The Houstonian Hotel, Condominiums, And Future Expansion
  • The title was changed to The Houstonian Hotel & Condominiums At 111 N. Post Oak Ln.

Archived