Flag Burning And Gay Marriage Vs.

nmainguy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care about marriage. I think the government should just stay out of that racket.

Exactly. I do care about marriage but I still think the government should have stayed out of it and let it be the spiritual or religous ceremony that it has always been then no one would be discriminated against. If the government never tagged along all of these benefits and rights that go along with marriage that everyone should have, gay, straight, male or female, then we wouldn't have this mess. Then it wouldn't be exactly marriage that the gay and lesbian community would be fighting for but the rights and benefits. This is why as a Christian, I am against this whole ban.

It's almost sad how homosexuals are treated even in this day and age by the goverment. (Let alone the public, which I must say, Has improved lightyears beyond what anyone would image 40 years ago). I guess they don't get we're people too?

Probibly not... I think they're just swinging for the conservative votes, which seems to be in the grasp of both political parties. (Unfortunitley). So who do we have to speak for us? :ph34r:

Would it kill someone to just ask them, "Are they not people too?" do we not deserve what everyone else does? Isn't there suppose to be seperation of church and state? When do they cross the line? When do their bias opinions, religious beliefs, or moral values become a standard for the rest of the country? Do their honest to god subconcious moral tell them, we're not americans too?

What is the homosexual population? Is it still the "One in Ten" theory? I guess no one will ever know for sure, because sexual orientation is a broad thing.

But when did the extreme religious views of some old men all of a sudden become the "final law" for all of us? And I mean us, as in anyone who is not a Middle Aged, Christian, Conservative, or all of the above?

If Homosexuals are not viewed as normal people, how far are they off from thinking the same about anyone else who is not like them? :unsure:

Since when do other Human Beings not have the same rights as others? Gosh, I couldn't count the seconds I lived in fear, to the point of shaking with tremors, of something so simple as coming out of the closet. (which is a bit simpler nowadays).

Is it not the right of everyone, to not live in fear? :(

- - - - - - - - --

I apologize for throwing in my own opinion (which may seem hypocritical) and for this coming off as a "rant", or a "vent". But don't you ever wonder the same questions?

When you have gays like Congressman David Dreier in the house leadership and Ken Mehlman, head of the RNC throwing in their lot with the far right fringe of the Republican party that are the ones that stir this issue up every election cycle-the first question that comes to mind is do they have so little self respect that they stand back and allow Bush and his "religious" thugs to demonize them so?

It's a sad state of affairs, my friend.

If it makes you feel any better, according to an article in the NYT, we may be off the hook:

How Hispanics Became the New Gays

The stars are in alignment for a new national orgy of rancor because Americans are angry. The government has failed to alleviate gas prices, the economic anxieties of globalization or turmoil in Iraq. Two-thirds of Americans believe their country is on the wrong track. The historical response to that plight is a witch hunt for scapegoats on whom we can project our rage and impotence. Gay people, though traditionally handy for that role, aren't the surefire scapegoats they once were; support for a constitutional marriage amendment, ABC News found, fell to 42 percent just before the Senate vote. Hence the rise of a juicier target: Hispanics. They are the new gays, the foremost political pi

When you have gays like Congressman David Dreier in the house leadership and Ken Mehlman, head of the RNC throwing in their lot with the far right fringe of the Republican party that are the ones that stir this issue up every election cycle-the first question that comes to mind is do they have so little self respect that they stand back and allow Bush and his "religious" thugs to demonize them so?

It's a sad state of affairs, my friend.

It's not a sad state of affairs, it's just politics as usual. Not to worry though, I know that you will have a Democratic Pres. next time, and he or she can push that Bill right on through ! I personally would not mind at all, I want to be Nmain's flowergirl at HIS wedding ! :blush:

It's not a sad state of affairs, it's just politics as usual. Not to worry though, I know that you will have a Democratic Pres. next time, and he or she can push that Bill right on through ! I personally would not mind at all, I want to be Nmain's flowergirl at HIS wedding ! :blush:

The dresses will be strapless and backless-you OK with that look?

:lol:

TJ in a backless/strapless dress. Good Lord I think I just turned straight! :D

Hey pal, I could pull it off. I would have ot get to the gym a couple of weeks before though. I need an ample "heads up" on the date ?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't forget to get that back waxed! :lol:

WTH ! Because I am a Republican heterosexual, I automatically have a hairy back ? Geez, talk about your stereotyping, and you guys are supposed to be the "open minded" ones ? Thanks for nothin'. With friends like you guys, who needs enemas ? :angry2:^_^

WTH ! Because I am a Republican heterosexual, I automatically have a hairy back ? Geez, talk about your stereotyping, and you guys are supposed to be the "open minded" ones ? Thanks for nothin'. With friends like you guys, who needs enemas ? :angry2:^_^

Wow. Only took you 13 days to reply. If I wasn't so open minded I would think you Repubs were slow as well as having hairy backs. :D

Wow. Only took you 13 days to reply. If I wasn't so open minded I would think you Repubs were slow as well as having hairy backs. :D

I will have you know, that my back is NOT that bad. Here, judge for yourself.

Nascar%20fan.jpg

• The title was changed to Flag Burning And Gay Marriage Vs.

Archived