New Cell carrier comming to town

Oh good. With all of the consolidation in the cell phone industry, I've noticed a lot of empty spaces in strip shopping centers around town. This should fill them right up.

Now, if we could only get a few more dry cleaners around here....

from the plan descriptions, it seems like a decent deal for those that only want cellualr and no landline (unlimited "local" calls).

outside of that, you have to use your "flexbucket" :unsure:

Now, if we could only get a few more dry cleaners around here....

If you can't. . . find a Pilgrims. . .in ten minutes. . .you're lost! [end of trip down nostalgia lane, we now return you to our regularly scheduled program]

• 3 weeks later...

Houston is the largest city in the U.S. with Cricket service. The only other kind of big cities are Denver, Charlotte, San Antonio, and Pittsburgh.

Speaking of Houston, Have any of you seen the new Dr. Pepper Commercial? The one with the map of the USA and they have every major city on the map but Houston. Dallas is the, even Rancho Cucamunga, California. I wonder why they left Houston out of it?

I wonder why they left Houston out of it?

Because it isn't Atlanta.

The best coverage & lowest rates mean nothing without the phones to match. All Cricket has are some junky looking Kyocera's & the RAZR.

Finding the right cell phone company is impossible because none will ever have the trifecta - lowest rates, best coverage, coolest phones.

The best coverage & lowest rates mean nothing without the phones to match. All Cricket has are some junky looking Kyocera's & the RAZR.

Finding the right cell phone company is impossible because none will ever have the trifecta - lowest rates, best coverage, coolest phones.

...yeah, until i come out with my own cell provider appropriately named "Triple Threat". It will have a network to rival those verizon guys, the coolest handmade phones around, and the best part its FREE!

Most of these "private label" cell phone companies are actually reselling Sprint service. Vigrin Mobile and Boost Moble are two. This could be another. There's a couple dozen of these outfits out there.

Me? I'll stick with my quad-band GSM goodness. If I can't use it around the world and change phone companies as easily as sticking a new chip in my phone, then I'm not interested.

Me? I'll stick with my quad-band GSM goodness. If I can't use it around the world and change phone companies as easily as sticking a new chip in my phone, then I'm not interested.

Me 3. I just picked up a SLVR L7 quad band. I wanted the Nokia 8801 but its only triband and wouldnt work in a lot of countries including the UAE :(

SLVR next to a RAZR

pic3.jpg

760.jpg

Don't know if anyone saw the "LAUNCH" on the news, they actually had a Cattle Drive downtown just down form MinuteMaid park, and the Longhorns pooped all over the place. Brilliant marketing ,

"Our plans are just like everyone else's, really $h!tty !" :lol:

We had Cricket when I was in Charlotte. All that I remember is that their plans were pretty crappy. Their "local calling area" was the most limited that I had ever seen. People couldn't be in the next county and make a "local call" in some cases (as a reference, most, if not all of Charlotte's home county, Mecklenburg, can fit inside the Houston city limits). I seem to remember that they were only really useful if you weren't ever going to make long-distance calls. Maybe they've changed by now.

They even bought the naming rights to the old arena in Charlotte (Independence Arena) and named it Cricket Arena.

My thoughts when I heard Cricket was coming here? Whoopdy-do...

Isn't the 8801 the T-Mobile locked version of the 8800?

The 8801 uses the 850Mhz band instead of the 900Mhz. So its the tri-band american brother of the tri-band european 8800. I don't think its locked to tmobile as I know of a couple other carriers using it.

My SLVR is unlocked seeing as they lock them to cingular and I'm with tmobile.

Archived