59 Diner Going Where Macaroni Grill Used To Be

Parrothead

I noticed yesterday the 59 Diner sign (formerly at Chimney Rock/I-10) has moved to its new digs at the old Macaroni Grill. They are redoing the outside. Should be interesting--I read a lot of negative remarks regarding service on B4Ueat prior to the closing. I love the original location! Yum!

I never had any complaints about 59 Diner. Hours are key, though, especially in the diner business. But since that 24 hour Starbucks at Westheimer and Post Oak can be full to the rafters at 3am, maybe 59 has a good chance.

I haven't been to 59 diner since High School about 9yrs ago. Hope they do well in their new location.

I never had any complaints about 59 Diner. Hours are key, though, especially in the diner business. But since that 24 hour Starbucks at Westheimer and Post Oak can be full to the rafters at 3am, maybe 59 has a good chance.

Definately, I often wish there were more 24hr places in Houston. The only ones I can think of that I may frequent are the starbucks mentioned above, Spanish Flower in the Heights, House of Pies on Westheimer, and Kats' on Westheimer.

I'm often up at odd hours can anyone suggest any other 24hr places. Don't mean to highjack the thread :blush:

I noticed yesterday the 59 Diner sign (formerly at Chimney Rock/I-10) has moved to its new digs at the old Macaroni Grill. They are redoing the outside. Should be interesting--I read a lot of negative remarks regarding service on B4Ueat prior to the closing. I love the original location! Yum!

Which Macaronni Grill are you referring too. I seem to think there is one on 1-10. I am just not sure where on I-10. 59 Diner is awesome. I can't get the mrs to eat there much, but I sure do love the diner food.

I always enjoyed the original as well. Especially their chili cheese frys. Yum.

I think Houston needs a good 24 hr Chinese food joint. I wouldn't mind being a partner to one for the pun fun alone.

• The title was changed to 59 Diner Going Where Macaroni Grill Used To Be

Archived