what is "Jumbles"? donuts, kolaches?

what is "Jumbles"?. there's a new one next to Denny's and Westheimer near Westheimer and Dairy Ashford. Is it worth going in?

It looks packed in the parking lot when I go to Denny's next door. It took place "Krispy Kreme" donut shop when Krispy Kreme went out of business there.

The Houston franchisee for Krispy Kreme was sued or did sue KK. As a result the franchise was lost and he has since turned all Houston KKs into Jumbles. The donuts are much worse than KK and from what I've seen, most of the Jumbles locations look empty and deserted even though they are open. It's really odd.

I have had their glazed and their chocolate topped during two different trips.

Both times they tasted like a stale semi-sweet fluffy dinner roll.

I don't think I will give them a third chance, too many other better donuts out there. especially since i really don't eat donuts alot. i just wanted to check out the new place and see what the difference was.

the only thing i do sorta like about them, is there retro-looking logo.

http://www.jumblesdoughfactory.com/

header.gif

You know I was a converted Krispy Kreme guy when it was here. Then they left and the other day someone brought in some Shipley's which I hadn't had in years. To be honest, I missed it. I still like Krispy Kreme, but Shipley's still leaves us with something pretty damn good.

And yes, we are talking about donuts.

Are they selling Stop N Go powdered donuts or something? I don't see how a donut could get much worse than Krispy Kremes...

I have heard of Jumbles being advertised on the radio. Is is the same owners of the KK franchise. I liked KK allright, but I have always been a Shipley's man. I want one right now.

Although I don't eat donuts very often, a couple of weeks ago I was really craving a Krispy Kreme or two. I guess it's a good thing for my diet that they are no longer around, although it in a few weeks I'll be working a week in Alabama and there's one just down the street from my client there. I might just have to go get my fix then.

As for Jumbles, I've heard nothing good about it. I predict they'll be gone by year-end. IMO the local franchisee really screwed up on this one. At some point someone will buy a Krispy Kreme franchise for the Houston market and they'll be back.

I think of that little puzzle in the comics section. Shouldn't they advertise that they sell

N O S T U D or

F E F C O E ? :D

:D

i think of austin powers: the fembots came out and smoke started coming out of their jumblies

zwjguw.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I walked by the downtown one it looks like it was closed at around noon. So i would give you my opinion on them but it looks like it's too late

The Shipley's in the downtown tunnels is open now - good location and seems to be doing well.

I have tried Jumbles once or twice and it is not nearly as good as Shipleys or Krispy Kreme. I was with my friends out in Missouri City and the former Krispy Kreme now Jumbles looks like it has already gone out of business.

I have tried Jumbles once or twice and it is not nearly as good as Shipleys or Krispy Kreme. I was with my friends out in Missouri City and the former Krispy Kreme now Jumbles looks like it has already gone out of business.

That's the weird thing, it looks like it's out of business but it really isn't. Though with so little detail given to presentation, I'm sure it won't last much longer.

they have those in the gas station by my house in college station. on the donut box all they did was replace the plastic sign that says KK with jumbles. its too bad they are nasty.

im just glad we got shipleys..they have been around forever and their food is still good.

I never even got to try a doughnut from Jumbles. What a bunch of fools. They had the Krispy Kreme franchise. How do you blow that.

Mr. Shipley is laughing right now.

*I have no idea who Mr. Shipley is or if he is alive. God Bless him though.

And Shipley's lurks beneath in 1001 McKinney tunnel.

They should make a statement that they are 100% Houston and move street level.

Kinda like when Lanier sweet-talked CO to Smith St.

I might be wrong, but I think Jumbles is dead. All locations closed. What a complete waste. How long were they open - 6 months tops. They might have been better served keeping a few locations and getting rid of the rest. Most of the stores and real estate is just too darn costly for a donut shoppe.

Does Houston still have Donkin Donuts? Be they will now expand in the area since there is only Shipley's and Southern Maid.

They used to have a much stronger presence here. There was one at Westhiemer and Hillcroft and another on Sheppard. There is still one on Bellaire in Bellaire and another on Wayside. Those are the only two I know of. I am sure there were more in the past, but this market never worked too well for them. I am not sure if it was Shipley's or what, but other chains left too. Krispy Kreme was strong, but the franchisee was apparently an idiot.

Archived