Houston Art Car Parade

torvald

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get to go, but my daughter drew me a picture of the chicken car:

chickenartcar.jpg

On the left is the cockroach car, on the right is a car that looked like a genie's lamp. At the bottom are her feet and her mom's feet. The text is from the preamble to the US constitution.

Very likely.

Another factor might be the tragic death of Tom Jones, director of the Art Car Museum. He was struck and killed by a drunken driver early Sunday morning, only a few hours after the parade.

chickenartcar.jpg

On the left is the cockroach car, on the right is a car that looked like a genie's lamp. At the bottom are her feet and her mom's feet. The text is from the preamble to the US constitution.

I actually like this picture alot. My daughter is a pretty good artist too, for being 6yrs. old. Meme, I like her sentence up above the pics even better.

Poor Mr. Jones, I heard that some were saying it was because of that first accident he had is why he couldn't get out of the way fast enough. Apparently Mr. Jones has some important business to take care of for the man upstairs in order for this to happen to him again. God's speed Tom !!!

chickenartcar.jpg

That's very sweet. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one. I'll try and get it to you this weekend after I'm back in Atlanta. With the move last week, and work travel, life has been crazier than usual. But I do have one of the singing fish car performing at the Art Car Festival in Discovery Green after the event was over. You can see it in my SmugMug gallery here: http://stevensullivan.smugmug.com/gallery/...296961997_tJ947

In fact, you can probably save it from the gallery if you want. Hover your mouse over the video (it's the first in the gallery) and on the pop-up menu on the right side of it you should see a link to save the movie.

• 11 months later...

Some of these shots are a little off because of the people in the foreground. Totally getting in a better spot (i.e. getting there a lot earlier) but here we go:

acfest028.jpg

acfest033.jpg

acfest036.jpg

acfest038.jpg

acfest041.jpg

acfest058.jpg

acfest063.jpg

Hey, that art car looks just like a cop.

acfest066.jpg

acfest072.jpg

acfest081.jpg

acfest083.jpg

acfest084.jpg

acfest085.jpg

acfest086.jpg

acfest087.jpg

acfest088.jpg

acfest089.jpg

acfest090.jpg

acfest091.jpg