France is going to Hell in a bucket

It must be a tough time to be a travel agent specializing in France.

More riots today. At least a million people this time. And like last time, it's not confined to Paris -- it's nationwide. Airlines shut down. The Eiffel Tower shut down. The whole country seems like it's collapsing upon itself.

Here's a nice little op/ed piece from today:

Mob rule as usual in France

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

BY CLAIRE BERLINSKI THE WASHINGTON POST

Commuters leave a train at the Gare Saint Lazare train station in Paris this morning as unions for national trains operator SNCF urged rank-and-file workers to walk off the job.

PARIS - Needing help recently to move several cartons of books from my apartment to a storage room, I hired two movers and a van from the want ads. Students were in the streets protesting the Contrat de Premier Embauche

France (and Germany) need to be "Thatcherized".

We once had an eCommerce development team in Grenoble. To call them lazy would be a compliment.

We wanted them off the project, but that was not an option. We would have had to replace their headcount with new headcount if that were to be done.

And the workforce commisson negotiations to get that done were an excercise in Eurpoean managerialism.

They don't teach you stuff like that in school, that's for sure.

grenoble1.jpg

Grenoble

Food. Architecture. History. Women. Music. Mostly in that order.

Sure......Women who don't shave their pits. BLEH ! You can have 'em.

Food, C'mon brotha', take the word of a Fatman, their food ain't that great........thanks for the french fries though France.

French music ?.......I can only take so much of the mini acordian and violin.

The Louvre.....WE should go and pilfer, I mean help France vacate it before those little lazy hethen do-nothing teenagers get a clue and decide to storm the place and destroy the artwork.

I hate to think that they are gonna ask us to bail them out, yet again. I hope we won't even consider it. Maybe we would have been better off if we had let Germany just keep France back in the 40's.

There's a banner in France that reads "We Shall Never Surrender"????????? There....is a banner....in France...that reads "We Shall Never Surrender"?

Editor, that alone could be a tourist attraction, yes? :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA!!.....that was too funny DJ V

Heres to many more years of france never surrendering to ANYTHING .... EVER!!

but seriously ... i hadnt even heard of this yet, the only rioting ive heard of is in CA about immigration...hopefully both will be worked out

France needs to start a new city and define it as a free trade zone in terms of labor as well as capital. That way the immigrants can move there and get the upward mobility they deserve, and in the meantime the people of the older cities are left alone with their old ways of doing things.

Uh...yes.

Not even close. I'm not sure if you're willfully missing the point because you're being a troll or what, but suffice it to say that Houston is a city with tons of upward mobility, and cities like Paris are not. France should build their own version of Houston to drive their economy, but keep Paris as a historical artifact and populate it with artists and bohemians.

Explain upward mobility in detail. If it involves repetitive hand-outs to the same parties, I'm pretty sure its welfare.

I typed "upward mobility" into Google and found these two articles on the first page. They probably explain it better than I could:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0127/p21s01-coop.html

http://economist.com/world/na/displayStory...tory_id=3518560

France needs to start a new city and define it as a free trade zone in terms of labor as well as capital. That way the immigrants can move there and get the upward mobility they deserve, and in the meantime the people of the older cities are left alone with their old ways of doing things.

They could build it at that massive illegal immigrant camp they have in Calais. It's where all the illegals trying to sneak into England (and some hope to go on to the U.S.) end up because they can't get across the water. Every few days they find a bunch of them trying to hop the Chunnel train. Sometimes they make it. Most of the time they die. Last I heard it was up to something like 20,000 people just waiting for their chance to get across the water.

Archived