Aggies win

ProHouston

In their first trip to the NCAA tournament in 19 years the Aggies have made it past the first round with a solid win over Big East champion Syracuse.

This team looks real good and has come a long way in 2 years. With a top rated recruiting class coming in, and the Big 12 coach of the year the last 2 years, the Aggies can look forward to much success on the hardwood.

Here's to another powerhouse in the great state of Texas.

In their first trip to the NCAA tournament in 19 years the Aggies have made it past the first round with a solid win over Big East champion Syracuse.

This team looks real good and has come a long way in 2 years. With a top rated recruiting class coming in, and the Big 12 coach of the year the last 2 years, the Aggies can look forward to much success on the hardwood.

Here's to another powerhouse in the great state of Texas.

I LOVE upsets, especially when it's a Texas team pulling it off. Rizpektadek!

Wowza. Miracles do happen. Congrats. I still don't think A&M deserved a bid.

I have been trading emails this week with Mr. Harris at the Chron.

He tells me you "build a program with weak scheduling" like A&M basketball did this year.

I see that A&M football and Coach Fraud are following suit with this philosphy next year:

OOC:

Citadel

Loisianna Lafayette

Army

La. Tech

Billy Gillespie makes no apologies for his scheduling. He said many times last year that it was more important to reverse the culture of losing than to increase RPI. The results have showed over the las 12 games. I think the schedule will reflect the new confidence going forward next year. It will also show in recruiting.

Football is another story entirely. <_<

im glad the aggies won and all for the sake of texas/big 12...but i wouldnt go to saying they are a powerhouse by any means

Neither would we...which probably explains why none of us did.

BTW, I wouldn't go calling Texas one, either. I'm still wondering which Texas will show up...the one that played Duke and Tennessee, or the one that played Texas Tech.

The Big 12 is looking as weak as folks said it was all year.

0-3 in the NIT

Those losses came to a Miami team that was ONE game over .500, Hofstra, and Old Dominion. Hell, Big 12 crybaby (Colorado), certainly proved the NCAA selection process correct with their 18 point home loss to the MONARCHS!

Also, nice job by Big 12 champ Kansas to lose to the 6th best team from the Missouri Valley and for Oklahoma to bow out to the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee!

Luckily, Texas was able to hold of the mighty QUAKERS of Penn in DALLAS thanks to the refs (14 point FT differential in the game). Penn lost to Columbia, Princeton, and Fordham this year.

NOW, if the Aggies actually beat LSU today, I will be impressed. SU was overrated and without their best player. The Orange finish the year with TWELVE losses, including a 108-69 loss to DePaul on March 2nd!

The Big 12 is looking as weak as folks said it was all year.

0-3 in the NIT

Those losses came to a Miami team that was ONE game over .500, Hofstra, and Old Dominion. Hell, Big 12 crybaby (Colorado), certainly proved the NCAA selection process correct with their 18 point home loss to the MONARCHS!

Also, nice job by Big 12 champ Kansas to lose to the 6th best team from the Missouri Valley and for Oklahoma to bow out to the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee!

Luckily, Texas was able to hold of the mighty QUAKERS of Penn in DALLAS thanks to the refs (14 point FT differential in the game). Penn lost to Columbia, Princeton, and Fordham this year.

NOW, if the Aggies actually beat LSU today, I will be impressed. SU was overrated and without their best player. The Orange finish the year with TWELVE losses, including a 108-69 loss to DePaul on March 2nd!

Correct on all points.

Imagine. Salvaging the competitive reputation of the Big 12 falls on the shoulders of the Aggies.

Who'd a thunk it.

Gotta give the Aggies credit. They hung with LSU until the very end.

That said, the Big 12 is now 2-6 in the NCAA and NIT with only ONE team left playing.

Many said the mid-majors received too many at large bids to the NCAAs this year. I think what's playing out in both tourneys is that they didn't receive enough.

It's a shame teams like Missouri State, Hofstra, Houston, Creighton, and Old Dominion don't have a shot simply because the general perception is that the leagues they belong to only deserve 1/2 bids to the NCAA. It will be a travesty if the hands of the basketball tourney fall into the greedy hands of the BCS leagues.

The combined record of the Colonial, Missouri Valley, and Conference USA is 11-5 in both Tourneys with 7 of those wins coming against BCS teams.

The combined record of the Big 12 and Big Ten is 7-11 with just 2 of those wins coming against BCS teams.

• The title was changed to Aggies win

Archived