Houston International Promenade - 2300 Polk St.

• The title was changed to Houston International Promenade - 2300 Polk St.
  • 5 weeks later...

Getting closer. This is a great project, but I would love to see more of the promenade (and that last mixed-traffic bit of Bastrop between Bell and Leeland) activated. The part between McKinney and Polk would be a great place for low-rent stalls (think European Christmas market, or even the Navigation esplanade), the east side of the Leeland-Bell stretch of Bastrop deserves a new build, and the building at the corner of Bell and Hutchins would be worth transforming, I think.

Iirc, there is already something planned for the awkwardly trapezoidal lot between this and Emancipation.

20240407_081615.jpg

20240407_081959.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 004n063 said:

Getting closer. This is a great project, but I would love to see more of the promenade (and that last mixed-traffic bit of Bastrop between Bell and Leeland) activated. The part between McKinney and Polk would be a great place for low-rent stalls (think European Christmas market, or even the Navigation esplanade), the east side of the Leeland-Bell stretch of Bastrop deserves a new build, and the building at the corner of Bell and Hutchins would be worth transforming, I think.

Iirc, there is already something planned for the awkwardly trapezoidal lot between this and Emancipation.

20240407_081615.jpg

20240407_081959.jpg

I believe the old MT trading building has some work happening. There’s a dumpster outside and saw some workers there last week. Still shown as for lease … so who knows?

• Like 2