La Fendee Resturant At 1402 Westheimer Rd.

ToolMan

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. I've been walking by the past couple of weeks and thought it was just undergoing a remodel. There's an alcohol permit with an applicant of a Thai restaurant.

I'm not sure there is a Thai food demand with Nidda a block away. Perhaps they will be staying open late with the bar traffic nearby.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ToolMan said:

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. I've been walking by the past couple of weeks and thought it was just undergoing a remodel. There's an alcohol permit with an applicant of a Thai restaurant.

I'm not sure there is a Thai food demand with Nidda a block away. Perhaps they will be staying open late with the bar traffic nearby.

More details: https://houstonfoodfinder.com/news/longstanding-montrose-eatery-closes-to-make-way-for-thai-restaurant/

Edited by clutchcity94
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ToolMan said:

I'm not sure there was sufficient mediterranean food demand with Niko's, Aladdin, Al Quick, and heck, places like Layal and Mary'z aren't far away.

I visited La Fendee for the first time last year despite living in the neighborhood for a long time and it was sadly very underwhelming. The stale baklava almost made me cry. Knew then the restaurant wasn't made for this world much longer.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to La Fendee Resturant At 1402 Westheimer St.
  • The title was changed to La Fendee Resturant At 1402 Westheimer Rd.
On 2/15/2024 at 9:58 PM, ToolMan said:

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. I've been walking by the past couple of weeks and thought it was just undergoing a remodel.

I think La Fendee closed sometime in late 2023. I noticed the business was marked permanently closed on Google Maps sometime in November. Then a few days later it was marked reopened. A few days after that, the listing was marked temporarily closed. It was like this for almost a month: one day it's marked open, the next it's listed as temporarily closed. Around January, La Fendee was listed as permanently closed for good.  

There's an alcohol permit with an applicant of a Thai restaurant.

On 2/16/2024 at 8:26 AM, clutchcity94 said:

The restaurant taking over La Fendee's former home at 1402 Westheimer is Thai Tail, as reported in the Houston Food Finder article @clutchcity94 linked above.

According to Houston Food Finder, Thai Tail is the latest dining concept from the owners of Kin Dee and MaKiin restaurants in Houston.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

I've been walking by the past couple of weeks and thought it was just undergoing a remodel. There's an alcohol permit with an applicant of a Thai restaurant.

On 2/16/2024 at 8:26 AM, clutchcity94 said:

1 minute ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

The restaurant taking over La Fendee's former home at 1402 Westheimer is Thai Tail, as reported in the Houston Food Finder article @clutchcity94 linked above.

According to Houston Food Finder, Thai Tail is the latest dining concept from the owners of Kin Dee and MaKiin restaurants in Houston.

Either late Saturday or sometime on Sunday, an Instagram account for Thai Tail was created. 

The Instagram for ghost kitchen concept M Express Thai Kitchen (also from the same owners of Thai Tail) was renamed to Thai Tail Cafe over the weekend.

Thai Tail is the latest dining concept from the owners behind Kin Dee and MaKiin restaurants. It's located at 1402 Westheimer Rd.

https://www.instagram.com/thai.tail.cafe/