Arnaldo Richards' Picos Restaurant At 3601 Kirby Dr.

Pico's off Richmond and Kirby.  Has very good stuffed poblano peppers with rice and beans for $12.99.  They are huge good for two people.  Watch out for their margaritas they are so good that is where your bill is a killer!

Years ago, when Pico's original location on Bellaire was still relatively new, my then-GF and I went there one afternoon for a late lunch and happy hour. They were well-known for serving margaritas in gigantic "fishbowl" glasses. Several hours later, we were presented with our bill, which was just over $100. Only $20 of that was for food. 

That's our problem whenever we eat Mexican food. Our bar bill always exceeds our food bill. The problem is it's hard to find a good house margarita these days so we usually go for the more expensive one's that actually contain alcohol. 

Years ago, when Pico's original location on Bellaire was still relatively new, my then-GF and I went there one afternoon for a late lunch and happy hour. They were well-known for serving margaritas in gigantic "fishbowl" glasses. Several hours later, we were presented with our bill, which was just over $100. Only $20 of that was for food. 

Archived