River Oaks Profiled In National Geographic

Guest danax

Yet another stereotypical portrayal. No harm done though. Any city worth talking about has got to have a collection of semi-negative/humorous stereotypes.

MY GOD !!! Has National Geographic run out of exotic far away places to right about ? How come Ms. Wyatt didn't have the customary Giant Plate in her lip and 15 gold neck stretcher rings on ? I feel Jipped !

The average person may not know Lynn Wyatt, but anyone who is anyone in the world knows La Lynn. She has given alot spotlight to Houston over the past 3 decades, she always says in the most classiest smokiest Texas accent that she is from Houston. She has brought the most celebrities and royalty to Houston over the years. Not only is Lynn and international icon,she has a rare trait and skill of charming every celebrity and luminary she comes in contact with. Houston isnt such a dumb redneck city to all the international jet set, the press and royals of the world thanx to Lynn. She appeared in the 3 magazines this month, Dominick Dunne did an article on her and hubby Oscar in Vanity Fair, and Vogue mentioned her probable upcoming book Thirty Years on the Riviera, Princes, Popstars, Paupers and Parties.

Houston socialites especially Lynn Wyatt and Becca Cason Thrash are at the top of just about everything when it comes to society, fashion,fine arts. parties and international spotlight.

That spotlight gives Houston some added class in the world because they associate Lynn and Becca, as well as Allison Sarofim in New York to Houston.

MY GOD !!! Has National Geographic run out of exotic far away places to right about ? How come Ms. Wyatt didn't have the customary Giant Plate in her lip and 15 gold neck stretcher rings on ? I feel Jipped !

hehe, that would be the montrose zip code... This is the segment they started doing at the end of each magazine. They pick a zip code and then go and do a couple of pages on it.

Interesting to hear the hype on Houston society. From way down here I don't often hear about all that, I guess I have to start drinking my lone stars in more classy establishments! :P

The average person may not know Lynn Wyatt, but anyone who is anyone in the world knows La Lynn. She has given alot spotlight to Houston over the past 3 decades, she always says in the most classiest smokiest Texas accent that she is from Houston.

Could I be sued, if I posted a high school picture of Lynn Sakowitz Wyatt? On second thought, would anyone even care to see it?

Although Lynn as a Sakowitz would certainly be entitled to extreme amounts of bling, as a Wyatt she has even more access to bling...thanks to her husband's cozy relationship with Saddam H.

WASHINGTON -- Legendary Houston oilman Oscar Wyatt and two others have been accused of paying millions of dollars in illegal kickbacks to Saddam Hussein's regime.

Wyatt was arrested at his home in Houston this morning and appeared before a U.S. Magistrate Judge. He is scheduled to be arraigned next week in New York.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/topstory2/3407592.html

I'm sure it had nothing more to do than securing as much bling as the anorexic Lynn could haul around on her starved body.

social-3.jpg

Now THAT'S who I want representing MY city!

B)

Lynn Wyatt anorexic? ,hardly, she is known to be a verocious eater! Her father says he didnt know what was more expensive clothing her or feeding her. She is a very active women she was one of the first people to have a personal trainer. Lynn is a third degree black belt in Taekwondo and hired one of the most famous teachers in Pilates to her house for 2 weeks of extensive pilates lessons. Lynn Wyatt is the same today as she was in high school. When Lynn went to her 50th class reunion at San Jacinto high; she stayed for the day festivities, but kindly turned down the night festivities, because she had to entertain Donald Trump and his former wife Ivana to dinner at her house. Lynn's former friends said that Lynn hasn't changed one bit since high school. Lynn wears easily on people and is always having a good time.

Lynn has been known for years as the teflon socialite, because everything her husband Oscar has been indicted for or done has never rubbed off on her. These people or more than just common millionaires, they border being billionaires. Oscar's Coastal Corp, went from nothing to over 12 billion over the years. People in society are swarming around this power couple at parties as if nothing has or will happen.

Lynn looks like a much prettier Lauren Becall, hah they even know each other.

People in society are swarming around this power couple at parties as if nothing has or will happen.

Ryan,

Wipe the slobber off your mouth.

I rememember when people could'nt cram their noses far enough up the Lay's asses.

Oscar Wyatt will probably have his trial like any other thug and Lil' Lynn will just have to suffer through some how.

B)

The Lays and the Wyatts: now THERE'S some great reps for Houston!!!

These couples are very different, one is extremely more powerful than the other. As far as the indicment is concerned it has nothing on the ongoing history making clamity of Enron.

So it's all about "degrees of indictment"?

LynnSak-1952.jpg

1952 School Photo

Wish Lynn a Happy 71st birthday on July 16.

Holy Rhinestones, I thought that was Annette Funacello when I first saw that pic TBird. Lynn was pretty much a "Babe" back in the day, and from the looks of it, has held up pretty well. Amazing what a little Paint and caulk can do.

Count me among the fans of Lynn Wyatt. She ranks as one of America's all-time great social figures, easily in the ranks of Betsy Bloomfield, Jacqueline Kennedy or Truman Capote.

Her position was not attained by mere money, and has given her power about which we can only speculate.

Archived