Israel-Hamas War

Houston19514

Houston Chronicle continues its mission of spreading ignorance:

"Thousands protest attacks on Gaza outside Houston's Israeli embassy"

1. Israel (and every other country has only one embassy in the United States.  There are zero embassies in Houston. Israel has a Consulate General in Houston, NOT an embassy.
  2. The headline tells us that "thousands" protested. The first line in the article says "more than 1,000", and the accompanying picture comports with the "more than 1,000" estimate but not the "thousands" screamed in the headline.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Houston Chronicle continues its mission of spreading ignorance:

"Thousands protest attacks on Gaza outside Houston's Israeli embassy"

1. Israel (and every other country has only one embassy in the United States.  There are zero embassies in Houston. Israel has a Consulate General in Houston, NOT an embassy.
  2. The headline tells us that "thousands" protested. The first line in the article says "more than 1,000", and the accompanying picture comports with the "more than 1,000" estimate but not the "thousands" screamed in the headline.

There were/are protests all throughout America/world, the numbers are heavily under reported not just with Chron, but with the entire western media. You're better off getting more accurate numbers and footage from social media where people are recording/ reporting live. There's a reason why, we can private message if you're interested. 

27 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

There were/are protests all throughout America/world, the numbers are heavily under reported not just with Chron, but with the entire western media. You're better off getting more accurate numbers and footage from social media where people are recording/ reporting live. There's a reason why, we can private message if you're interested. 

The Chron didn't underreport the number, it overreported the number.  There were not thousands of people at the protest.

5 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

and you counted the people, did you?  the aerial photos of the crowd do not appear to show there to be thousands of people in that crowd. 

In any event, there is certainly no basis on which to claim the Chronicle underreported the numbers.

I was literally there, as I was at the one in downtown. The media didn't even show up until the very end of the protest. There wasn't even any coverage on the one that happened last weekend. Anyone who was there could easily tell there were thousands of protesters, Richmond Ave and Weslayan was shut down for more than an hour. We can keep going back and forth, because this is something the other side is used to. The entire media is talking about "Israel vs Hamas" and acting like the occupation and annexation of Palestine hasn't been ongoing for over 80 years. People on the other side have been dying on a day to day basis, losing their homes, their land, for years and years. However, the media is painting it as "Israel under attack" and downplaying any type of support from the other side. 

Edited by Amlaham

18 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

I was literally there, as I was at the one in downtown. The media didn't even show up until the very end of the protest. There wasn't even any coverage on the one that happened last weekend. Anyone who was there could easily tell there were thousands of protesters, Richmond Ave and Weslayan was shut down for more than an hour. We can keep going back and forth, because this is something the other side is used to. The entire media is talking about "Israel vs Hamas" and acting like the occupation and annexation of Palestine hasn't been ongoing for over 80 years. People on the other side have been dying on a day to day basis, losing their homes, their land, for years and years. However, the media is painting it as "Israel under attack" and downplaying any type of support from the other side. 

So in what way did the Chronicle underreport the numbers, as you claimed?  They said there were thousands of people there.

and by the way, the downtown protest last weekend did indeed get some media coverage, contrary to your claim. https://news.yahoo.com/palestinians-houston-protest-war-escalates-023130734.html?fr=yhssrp_catchall

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2023/10/14/pro-palestinian-demonstrators-rally-in-downtown-houston/

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/rally-for-palestine-houston/285-0bc364c4-3ef2-48d3-a383-af7f9d36adb3

Edited by Houston19514

In this article, it claims there were more than 100 people when it was in the thousands for the downtown protest. My initial comment is that, its very common that these specific type of protests are under reported throughout ALL western media. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/article/palenstinian-community-protest-war-city-hall-18420741.php 

1 minute ago, Houston19514 said:

So in what way did the Chronicle underreport the numbers, as you claimed?  They said there were thousands of people there.

4 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

In this article, it claims there were more than 100 people when it was in the thousands for the downtown protest. My initial comment is that, its very common that these specific type of protests are under reported throughout ALL western media. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/article/palenstinian-community-protest-war-city-hall-18420741.php 

Oh, in a different article about a different protest, one reporter may have underreported (and note they were reporting on a protest which, just a few moments ago, you told us got no media coverage.  Anyway, I thought you were talking about the same thing I was talking about.

One of the other reports, actually 2 of the other reports, of the downtown protest (the one that got no media coverage) reported there were thousands of protestors. Your imagined conspiracy is kinda falling apart.

Edited by Houston19514

13 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Oh, in a different article about a different protest, one reporter may have underreported (and note they were reporting on a protest which, just a few moments ago, you told us got no media coverage.  Anyway, I thought you were talking about the same thing I was talking about.

One of the other reports, actually 2 of the other reports, of the downtown protest (the one that got no media coverage) reported there were thousands of protestors. Your imagined conspiracy is kinda falling apart.

Imagined conspiracy theory? Dude, you’re literally a joke. You legit disregarded my comment that this has been on ongoing issue for years, this isn’t something that just randomly happened this past few weeks, the only time it’s been reported this wide was when Israel got a taste of what they’ve been doing to the Palestinians for years. The disregard for the thousand who have died OUTSIDE of this one attack and the media deciding covering it now and paint Israel as a victim? Your comment is clear as day that you only care about what the western media will portray to you, a sheep if you will. Just remember, you were lied to about Iraq, you were lied to about Syria, about Afghanistan, about all the wars the US has gotten involved in, congratulations for being so naive. I remained respectful to you, but to call all this a conspiracy? Lost all respect for you. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Hmm I wonder why Western media is sooo pro Israel 🤔 maybe this factually proven “conspiracy theory” might answer that? 

IMG_8578.jpeg

IMG_8579.jpeg

IMG_8580.jpeg

IMG_8581.jpeg

IMG_8582.jpeg

IMG_8583.jpeg

• This topic was featured, unfeatured and pinned

The Palestine Israel conflict has gotten way out of line.  The war crimes seem to be getting worse. The misinformation, everywhere, is scary. Who do you believe?

I know a little bit of the Palestine-Israel conflict, but not enough to have proper discussion. What's happening is no longer apart of their normal conflict? This has moved to a full war with Hamas. Israel is sending ground troops within hours I believe?

War is not good for anyone. Countless loss of lives (civilians and military) and the global economy suffers.

Thread could get very dicey. I'm sure HAIF has supporters of both sides. Please keep discussion in a considerate matter.

2 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Hmm I wonder why Western media is sooo pro Israel 🤔 maybe this factually proven “conspiracy theory” might answer that? 

What's your point? That you can copy someone's poorly done memes that can't be read or verified? 

20 minutes ago, Ross said:

What's your point? That you can copy someone's poorly done memes that can't be read or verified? 

Google is free, I’m not your personal encyclopedia. The point is that the media is extremely biased and one sided towards Israel, and if you can’t see that, then you’re extremely naive. Why is nothing reported on Israel when it’s been over reaching and illegally occupying Palestinian land huh? More and more land is being annexed, this isn’t something that’s a secret. Why isn’t nothing being reported when PALESTINIAN KIDS have been shot?! Why is nothing being reported on settlers literally kicking Palestinians out of their homes that their families lived for centuries in? But the second Israel got attacked, the media is all IN on protecting Israel, so far as making stories about beheaded kids??? That OUR PRESIDENT LIED and said he SAW THE PICTURES?? …….. when in reality, that was debated and no proof was ever brought forward. Meanwhile, the social media of people who ACTUALLY have ties to the land show a different story. We see all of this happening on OUR social media, NOT EVER western media. We experience THIS from OUR relatives getting shot by the IDF just because. You’d be brain dead or fully delusional to not be able to comprehend the idea that western media is EXTREMELY biased towards Israel. You’re either really delusional or a Zionist. And no nothing in this post has to do with anti-semitism. This isn’t about Judaism, Islam, or Christianity. Either way, I can already tell you’re extremely misinformed 

1 hour ago, Amlaham said:

Google is free, I’m not your personal encyclopedia. The point is that the media is extremely biased and one sided towards Israel, and if you can’t see that, then you’re extremely naive. Why is nothing reported on Israel when it’s been over reaching and illegally occupying Palestinian land huh? More and more land is being annexed, this isn’t something that’s a secret. Why isn’t nothing being reported when PALESTINIAN KIDS have been shot?! Why is nothing being reported on settlers literally kicking Palestinians out of their homes that their families lived for centuries in? But the second Israel got attacked, the media is all IN on protecting Israel, so far as making stories about beheaded kids??? That OUR PRESIDENT LIED and said he SAW THE PICTURES?? …….. when in reality, that was debated and no proof was ever brought forward. Meanwhile, the social media of people who ACTUALLY have ties to the land show a different story. We see all of this happening on OUR social media, NOT EVER western media. We experience THIS from OUR relatives getting shot by the IDF just because. You’d be brain dead or fully delusional to not be able to comprehend the idea that western media is EXTREMELY biased towards Israel. You’re either really delusional or a Zionist. And no nothing in this post has to do with anti-semitism. This isn’t about Judaism, Islam, or Christianity. Either way, I can already tell you’re extremely misinformed 

Is it a big surprise that the media is extremely biased on a lot of issues?  Domestic and foreign?

Oddly enough, some of the same media represented in the meme you posted immediately parroted the Hamas propaganda about the destruction of the hospital in Gaza only to have to walk it back later.

17 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Imagined conspiracy theory? Dude, you’re literally a joke. You legit disregarded my comment that this has been on ongoing issue for years, this isn’t something that just randomly happened this past few weeks, the only time it’s been reported this wide was when Israel got a taste of what they’ve been doing to the Palestinians for years. The disregard for the thousand who have died OUTSIDE of this one attack and the media deciding covering it now and paint Israel as a victim? Your comment is clear as day that you only care about what the western media will portray to you, a sheep if you will. Just remember, you were lied to about Iraq, you were lied to about Syria, about Afghanistan, about all the wars the US has gotten involved in, congratulations for being so naive. I remained respectful to you, but to call all this a conspiracy? Lost all respect for you. 

.  I am talking about your lies.  

You told us there was  no media coverage of last weekend's downtown protest and moments later you provided a link of media coverage of last weekend's downtown protest. (and I provided links to three other media reports of last weekend's downtown protest.

You told us "the numbers are heavily under reported not just with Chron, but with the entire western media", but for most of the media reports you and I have linked regarding the downtown and Greenway Plaza protests, there is no case whatsoever to be made that the media underreported the numbers.

You are claiming a grand conspiracy, but for some reason you  are not allowing yourself to see the contrary facts.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Amlaham said:

My first post comment

Then I mentioned a chron article in reference to my first comment as an example, but you're so stuck on that initial article, that YOU were saying are OVER Reported but me saying its under-reported you say that  "there is certainly no basis on which to claim the chronicle underreported the numbers". You're literally contradicting yourself and found NO evidence of your theory. If anything YOU are the one claiming a conspiracy theory that chron is OVER Reporting without ANY evidence. The link I provided legit says "over 100 people" which is CLEARLY under reporting the THOUSANDS that were actually there. 

19 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

The Chron didn't underreport the number, it overreported the number.  There were not thousands of people at the protest.

18 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

and you counted the people, did you?  the aerial photos of the crowd do not appear to show there to be thousands of people in that crowd. 

In any event, there is certainly no basis on which to claim the Chronicle underreported the numbers.

7 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

.  I am talking about your lies.  

You told us there was  no media coverage of last weekend's downtown protest and moments later you provided a link of media coverage of last weekend's downtown protest. (and I provided links to three other media reports of last weekend's downtown protest.

You told us "the numbers are heavily under reported not just with Chron, but with the entire western media", but for most of the media reports you and I have linked regarding the downtown and Greenway Plaza protests, there is no case whatsoever to be made that the media underreported the numbers.

You are claiming a grand conspiracy, but for some reason you  are not allowing yourself to see the contrary facts.

Sure, I'm a liar and I'm delusional and making up an entire conspiracy. You're arguing with no basis or reasoning AT ALL. Its clear AS DAY that Palestinians have gotten 0 support from western media and the west in general. If you can't see that, there's no point of arguing and its obvious you're just a sheep. 

IMG_8578.jpeg

IMG_8579.jpeg

IMG_8580.jpeg

IMG_8581.jpeg

IMG_8582.jpeg

IMG_8583.jpeg

Yeah, posting a bunch of pictures with the Star of David photoshopped in behind the people really proves your grand conspiracy.  You probably should have taken a moment to verify, but since you seem to be immune to contrary facts, I guess it would have been a waste of time.   In addition to including a lot of not-Jewish people, these companies have tens of thousands of employees. Even if all of the couple hundred pictured people were Jewish (and they aren't), it hardly proves a grand conspiracy.  OMG, 1% of NBC/Comcast's employees are Jewish!!!!! Just a few examples from the false meme you posted:

• Greg Gutfeld.  Not Jewish.
  • David Asman.  Not Jewish.
  • Rupert Murdoch.  Not Jewish.
  • Rachel Maddow.  Not Jewish.
  • Matt Lauer. Kinda calls the whole list into question since left NBC News 6 years ago. There are also others in the meme who have long since left there posts.  And Lauer is not Jewish (father was Jewish but he was not raised Jewish)
  • Seth Meyers.  Not Jewish.
  • The meme tells us Phi Griffin is President of MSNBC.  He is not Jewish (and hasn't been president of MSNBC since 2021.
  • Hoda Kotb. Not known to be Jewish.  Her roots are Egyptian Muslim.

12 hours ago, august948 said:

Is it a big surprise that the media is extremely biased on a lot of issues?  Domestic and foreign?

Oddly enough, some of the same media represented in the meme you posted immediately parroted the Hamas propaganda about the destruction of the hospital in Gaza only to have to walk it back later.

I'm not surprised at all, its always been this way, but certain people on this forum get triggered if you point that out apparently. It's such a slap in the face when people call it conspiracy when there's legit facts right in front our faces. Painting Israel as a victim is INSANE. They have one of the worlds strongest army (funded by us), they have the iron dome, and somehow Hamas in the world's largest open air prison thats EXTREMELY controlled by Israel found a way to bypass all of that? Now the media is sooo worried about Israel, any time you speak against it, you get fired or have some kind of repercussion. There are multiple examples, but a very fine example is Harvard students standing against the war crimes of Israel and now those students are getting Doxxed.

38 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Yeah, posting a bunch of pictures with the Star of David photoshopped in behind the people really proves your grand conspiracy.  You probably should have taken a moment to verify, but since you seem to be immune to contrary facts, I guess it would have been a waste of time.   In addition to including a lot of not-Jewish people, these companies have tens of thousands of employees. Even if all of the couple hundred pictured people were Jewish (and they aren't), it hardly proves a grand conspiracy.  OMG, 1% of NBC/Comcast's employees are Jewish!!!!! Just a few examples from the false meme you posted:

• Greg Gutfeld.  Not Jewish.
  • David Asman.  Not Jewish.
  • Rupert Murdoch.  Not Jewish.
  • Rachel Maddow.  Not Jewish.
  • Matt Lauer. Kinda calls the whole list into question since left NBC News 6 years ago. There are also others in the meme who have long since left there posts.  And Lauer is not Jewish (father was Jewish but he was not raised Jewish)
  • Seth Meyers.  Not Jewish.
  • The meme tells us Phi Griffin is President of MSNBC.  He is not Jewish (and hasn't been president of MSNBC since 2021.
  • Hoda Kotb. Not known to be Jewish.  Her roots are Egyptian Muslim.

The meme shows positions that are EITHER JEWISH or SUPPORT ZIONISM. You choose to pick at something extremely surface level to try to prove a point that the media isn't extremely ZIONIST and PRO-ISRAEL. You're soooo naive and fall for anything, your brain obviously can't comprehend the extent that the media is biased. 

I hate to burst your pretty little naive bubble, but American politics/media isn’t as perfect as you think it is. We’re sending BILLIONs of dollars when just a few weeks ago, we almost had a government shut down because of finances, we have a homeless issue, people don’t have healthcare, and we’re sending BILLIONS for one of the strongest armies in the world to fight civilians? The US LITERALLY veto’d a UN resolution to ceasefire in Gaza and bring in humanitarian aid, THE ONLY COUNTRY. There’s even footage of Biden saying if there wasn’t an Israel we would have to CREATE one to have ties in the Middle East. You’re delusional and just want to argue that the media is perfect and the US is perfect and the Arabs are bad people that deserve everything that’s happening to them (Muslims AND Christian Arabs). For god sakes, STORIES OF BEHEADED CHILDREN WERE FABRICATED FROM OUR NEWS, OUR PRESIDENT SAID HE SAW PICTURES WHEN THERE WAS NO EVIDENCE?!?! 

Edited by Amlaham

2 hours ago, Amlaham said:

I'm not surprised at all, its always been this way, but certain people on this forum get triggered if you point that out apparently. It's such a slap in the face when people call it conspiracy when there's legit facts right in front our faces. Painting Israel as a victim is INSANE. They have one of the worlds strongest army (funded by us), they have the iron dome, and somehow Hamas in the world's largest open air prison thats EXTREMELY controlled by Israel found a way to bypass all of that? Now the media is sooo worried about Israel, any time you speak against it, you get fired or have some kind of repercussion. There are multiple examples, but a very fine example is Harvard students standing against the war crimes of Israel and now those students are getting Doxxed.

Israel isn't really the victim as much as the victor.  Until the Palestinians make peace with the fact that they lost the war in 1947 and every subsequent war/uprising since then, they will continue to suffer. 

7 minutes ago, august948 said:

Israel isn't really the victim as much as the victor.  Until the Palestinians make peace with the fact that they lost the war in 1947 and every subsequent war/uprising since then, they will continue to suffer. 

One has a military army with support from Western leaders, the others are just civilians, yeah ok they lost the "war." It's an apartheid and a genocide. Keep telling yourself Israel is the victim if it helps you sleep better, ignoring the fact that Palestinians have been dying on a day to day basis, losing their land, homes, and lives. Tell me, what "war" is going on in the West Bank? It's an illegal occupation. Another thing, it's so funny how all Israelis are evacuating and leaving Israel to wherever they ACTUALLY came from since they are SETTLERS and Palestinians have no were to go since THAT is where they ARE from. I'm literally not interesting in your Zionist views, especially since you disregard for human life since the civilians are not Israeli. 

All these opposition posts are EXACTLY why I stand up for my people, because people like you guys do NOT care about us. You do NOT care about kids dying, people dying, a  literal genocide! The moment the west wants to get involved or provide ANY coverage, its for Israel. The fact that you guys are sitting here and DEFENDING them or nit picking my arguments without CONDEMNING the shit Israel has been doing to the Palestinians for YEARS?! Its sick, a hospital was bombed, the 3rd OLDEST CHURCH IN THE WORLD WAS BOMBED?!?! WHERE IS THE EMPATHY??? 

54 minutes ago, Amlaham said:

One has a military army with support from Western leaders, the others are just civilians, yeah ok they lost the "war." It's an apartheid and a genocide. Keep telling yourself Israel is the victim if it helps you sleep better, ignoring the fact that Palestinians have been dying on a day to day basis, losing their land, homes, and lives. Tell me, what "war" is going on in the West Bank? It's an illegal occupation. Another thing, it's so funny how all Israelis are evacuating and leaving Israel to wherever they ACTUALLY came from since they are SETTLERS and Palestinians have no were to go since THAT is where they ARE from. I'm literally not interesting in your Zionist views, especially since you disregard for human life since the civilians are not Israeli. 

Exactly.  The Palestinians keep putting their faith in groups like Hamas and go try to fight Israeli tanks and aircraft with rocks and ak-47's.  You can rail on about Israel all you want but that hasn't solved anything for the past 80 years and it's not going to solve anything for the next 80 years.  The Arab world has woken up to reality and has gotten tired of dealing with the Palestinians which is why they have been making peace with Israel, but not allowing Palestinians to evacuate to their countries.  The only reason all of this is happening right now is because the Palestinians have allowed themselves to become puppets of Iran and others who profit from the conflict and don't want to see Israel at peace with the rest of the middle east.  Until they have had enough and find a better solution for themselves, they will continue to suffer.

18 minutes ago, august948 said:

Exactly.  The Palestinians keep putting their faith in groups like Hamas and go try to fight Israeli tanks and aircraft with rocks and ak-47's.  You can rail on about Israel all you want but that hasn't solved anything for the past 80 years and it's not going to solve anything for the next 80 years.  The Arab world has woken up to reality and has gotten tired of dealing with the Palestinians which is why they have been making peace with Israel, but not allowing Palestinians to evacuate to their countries.  The only reason all of this is happening right now is because the Palestinians have allowed themselves to become puppets of Iran and others who profit from the conflict and don't want to see Israel at peace with the rest of the middle east.  Until they have had enough and find a better solution for themselves, they will continue to suffer.

....There is no Hamas in the West Bank..... Hamas is in GAZA the only part of Palestine that HAS NOT been annexed. And NO the only reason this is happening is because the Palestinians are TIRED of the OCCUPATION and the GENOCIDE. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/israeli-crowds-chant-racist-slogans-taunt-palestinians-during-jerusalem-day-march

Yeah "Death to Arabs," but no yeah the Palestinians are at fault. The should just all die and not resist Israel AT ALL.  

https://www.newsweek.com/holocaust-historian-israel-committing-genocide-raz-segal-1835346

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/middle-east/2023/10/18/UN-human-rights-official-warns-of-mass-ethnic-cleansing-of-Palestinians-by-Israel

Text book case of Genocide

https://truthout.org/articles/israeli-politician-says-children-of-gaza-have-brought-this-upon-themselves/

"Children have brought this upon THEM and that they are NOT innocent"

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/25/world/israeli-minister-racist-claim-intl/index.html

"Israeli rights OUTWEIGH Palestinian rights" from a MINISTER

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-bezalel-smotrich-map-jordan-palestinian-nation-history-west-bank-gaza/

"Palestine does not exist" from an Israel OFFICIAL

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20230420-proud-to-be-racist-israel-politician-considered-for-consul-general-in-new-york/

"Proud to be racist

https://imeu.org/article/the-7-most-racist-israeli-laws

Finally, here are Israel's MOST RACIST laws towards Palestinians

Listen, let's just end it here, Palestinians are at fault, there is a genocide on THEM because of THEMSELVES, they all deserve whats coming. Israel is a saint, there. 

Edited by Amlaham