216-220 Tuam St

IntheKnowHouston

Across the street from the site of the demolished Late Nite Pie (302 Tuam St) are two adjacent parcels: 216 Tuam St and 220 Tuam St. 221 Tuam St is also across the street from 216 Tuam and 220 Tuam. 

The cumulative acreage of both empty parcels totals 0.30 acres approximately.

I'm not sure which neighborhood or area the properties are located. The parcels are near the Midtown border but outside of the Montrose border.

2XzqiZJ.jpg

n1zmaYS.jpg

Below is a map outlining both parcels.

g417jz8.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

216 Tuam and 220 Tuam St are for sale. I think both properties have been on the market since May.

Property details from the listing are below:

• Total Lot Size" 0.29 AC

• Two combined tracts available. Cleared lot ready for development.

• Property Subtype: Commercial

• Proposed Use: Apartment units, condo, medical, restaurant, storefront (retail or office)

• The property has been owned by the Seller for decades. Historically, it was used as a parking lot for a former restaurant on the opposite corner of Baldwin.  Prior to the current owners, the property had been old homesteads which were torn down long ago. Tuam Street was recently improved along with new sidewalks.  Utilities are at the property line and the property is outside of the floodplain. 

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/216-220-Tuam-St-Houston-TX/28440275/

https://www.loopnet.com/viewer/pdf?file=https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/TWuTk94D6sJtV2A_E-_fp7pu-XTh5VxfRud7yAawS-Q/216220 Tuam St Flyer May 2023.pdf

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/TWuTk94D6sJtV2A_E-_fp7pu-XTh5VxfRud7yAawS-Q/216220 Tuam St Flyer May 2023.pdf

@Urbannizer @Triton please feel free to relocate this to the Montrose forum. I was uncertain where this should be placed. According to Google Maps, this is near the Midtown border but also outside the Montrose border.

E0h1MUY.jpg

pXpXPBJ.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/18/2023 at 4:54 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I'm not sure which neighborhood or area the properties are located. The parcels are near the Midtown border but outside of the Montrose border.

I used to live a couple of blocks from this location, and we considered it Midtown.  The owners of the property marketed it that way, too.

To us, Genesee Street was the Montrose/Midtown border.  But a lot of the neighborhood borders have gotten fuzzy in the last couple of decades.

• Like 2

image.png.51cef2d82c3087cb552266b5d6e973c8.png
Don't know what happened to other Neartown post but  here is another try-- spur 527 curves up to Bagby as Eastside boundary.

But it does look like it goes further north via Genesee then further via Taft.

I've always wondered at the non colored portions of this map-- perhaps signifying no assigned Civic organization?

Midtown has no "Civic Club" assignments within its boarders-- do the "regular" ie house, apartment,townhome neighborhoods feel  the loss of no civic club representation? 
something to ponder I guess.

Edited by trymahjong
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/18/2023 at 5:44 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

216 Tuam and 220 Tuam St are for sale. I think both properties have been on the market since May.

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

HCAD ownership of the two lots.

C9mVlBW.pngRwBSFWH.png

n3qc9n8.png

KtkzPoE.png

Thanks for the update, @hindesky. Equilon Enterprises LLC purchased 216 Tuam St and 220 Tuam St in November.

Is it likely a gas station and convenience store may go up here?

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 11:32 AM, hindesky said:

Another Equilon proposed plat, a consent item which usually aren't brought up at the Planning Commission meetings unless a commissioner tags it.

Bvl04c7.pngPstYS9O.png

On 3/12/2024 at 12:44 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Thanks for the update, @hindesky. Equilon Enterprises LLC purchased 216 Tuam St and 220 Tuam St in November.

Is it likely a gas station and convenience store may go up here?

I'm assuming the proposed subdivision plat Equilent 2401 could be in preparation for the possible construction of charging stations for electric cars (EV charging stations).

@HNathoo speculated as much in a topic pertaining to two downtown properties Equilon Enterprises LLC and Shell Oil Products US LLC own. The entities purchased 208 Main St and 214 Main St earlier this year. HNathoo's guess is it will probably become an EV charging station.

As HNathoo and @hindesky have observed, Equilon Enterprises and Shell Oil Products US have acquired several inner loop properties within the last year. This includes the acquisition of 216 Tuam and 220 Tuam last fall.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 3:31 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I'm assuming the proposed subdivision plat Equilent 2401 could be in preparation for the possible construction of charging stations for electric cars (EV charging stations).

@HNathoo speculated as much in a topic pertaining to two downtown properties Equilon Enterprises LLC and Shell Oil Products US LLC own. The entities purchased 208 Main St and 214 Main St earlier this year. HNathoo's guess is it will probably become an EV charging station.

As HNathoo and @hindesky have observed, Equilon Enterprises and Shell Oil Products US have acquired several inner loop properties within the last year. This includes the acquisition of 216 Tuam and 220 Tuam last fall.

On 3/28/2024 at 9:17 AM, hindesky said:

Multinational oil and gas giant Shell plans to divest around 1,000 company-owned gas stations over the next two years as it expands its electric vehicle charging network.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/shell-ev-charging-gas-station-19367192.php

11 hours ago, hindesky said:

Thanks for the update, @hindesky

I would have liked to see something else built at 216 Tuam, but there is a need for more electric vehicle charging stations in Houston. A Shell Recharge (EV charging station) should be a welcome addition to the area.

I'm thinking a shaded waiting area with swings ( like the car wash at Montrose and Dallas) might be nice😃

Maybe a way to clean, vacuum, windex out my car🧐

uhmmmm WiFi maybe, with plug ins to recharge my phone😍

ooooow one of those fancy Japanese (or Swedish) food and drink machines?😁

a tiny free little library up on a pole?🥳

Edited by trymahjong